Round 1 Overreactions

goldfishwars

Cole will be good, it's just we have holes that we could have plugged with better defensive players on the board still. He's left a lot out there, drafted for need that he created. But Cole will be probably be a long term starter.

It's basically a caricature of a NE draft isn't it. Trade your first pick back and get good value, use the highest pick on an athletic reach from a small school. 

New England and Washington did something similar in my book - drafted guys who were heavy reaches at the time but will be solid contributors. I like Strange a lot. Was hoping Washington had a chance at him. But not in the 1st. 

I can't say the same for Green Bay because I am not team Quay. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

For the Bills:

Theyll have the best CB tandem in the league for the next 3 years, With White, Elam and Taron Johnson under contract. 

Not to nitpick, but tandem is two. (Okay I'm nitpicking).

I know this is an overreactions thread aka a parody, but I just cringe at draft evals when these players haven't played a single down.

Remember, Travis Frederick was WTF pick and he ended up becoming an elite center that pivoted the Great Wall of Dallas 2.0.

16 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I know this is an overreactions thread aka a parody, but I just cringe at draft evals when these players haven't played a single down.

Remember, Travis Frederick was WTF pick and he ended up becoming an elite center that pivoted the Great Wall of Dallas 2.0.

Yeah I get that

On the one hand people say 'it's a crap shoot', no one actually knows, not even the team. Then, without a hint of irony, the next minute they're slamming a team's pick or praising another. We simply don't know

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I get that

On the one hand people say 'it's a crap shoot', no one actually knows, not even the team. Then, without a hint of irony, the next minute they're slamming a team's pick or praising another. We simply don't know

It's why I think the draft is overrated and overhyped. It's cool to see us add new talent and all, but whether they pan or not remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, BigTrav said:

It's so good Seattle drafted a good offensive lineman to protect.........

.......DREW LOCK

As a Seahawks fan you've already seen the formula.  Build a team, then find a QB.  This time they might try to protect their future franchise QB.

As a Packers fan, for the first time ever, I'm more worried about the Lions than the Bears or Vikings.

Bears are a dumpster fire, Vikings like just giving away draft value, but the Lions seem to be making smart decisions and building a functional roster.

• Like 2