Day 3 of Draft: Discussion and Projections

CBears019

50 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Great argument. Is this where you go on with more contradicting statements? Or do you leave again and say your never coming back?

Will you two either get a room or ignore each other already, jeeeeeze.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Will you two either get a room or ignore each other already, jeeeeeze.

Already done or haven't you noticed an absence of any responses to his last few posts.  My grand daughters go to day care and kinder care but I prefer more adult like conversations.  Other than that I call 'em as I see 'em.  So don't complain OK?

There are at least four and maybe five guys here who will complain about any FA move, and draft pick, or any decision on our own players that doesn't jive with their own personal opinion or perspective.  Their negativity is like cloud of doom.

What I'm puzzled by is that when GMcC was searching for a new GM earlier in the year not a single one of these guys was ever asked to interview.  Now how could the Bears ever ignore such obviously astute GM prospects.  It's unbelievable.

I'm sure this is why we never win enough games as well.

3 hours ago, soulman said:

Already done or haven't you noticed an absence of any responses to his last few posts.  My grand daughters go to day care and kinder care but I prefer more adult like conversations.  Other than that I call 'em as I see 'em.  So don't complain OK?

Wasn't calling you out, sorry if you got that impression. I find your posts to be well-thought out and valuable to the forum, even if other people have an opinion that is opposite yours. This forum is nothing without discourse and discussion, so contradicting viewpoints are critical to keep things lively. It's a shame that some on the forum take things personally, and to be clear, you are not one of those people.

I spend a majority of my time lurking on this forum, but I'm around, and your contributions to the forum are noted and appreciated.

Edited by chisoxguy7
typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Wasn't calling you out, sorry if you got that impression. I find your posts to be well-thought out and valuable to the forum, even if other people have an opinion that is opposite yours. This forum is nothing without discourse and discussion, so contradicting viewpoints are critical to keep things lively. It's a shame that some on the forum take things personally, and to be clear, you are not one of those people.

I spend a majority of my time lurking on this forum, but I'm around, and your contributions to the forum are noted and appreciated.

Thank you and by the way despite my current home in Colorado I'm a born and bred Southsider from Oak Lawn and a lifelong Sox fan.  So I've got that going for me when I've gone to my final reward in that great exploding scoreboard in the sky.  😇  🤣

I'm always willing to debate facts but opinions really can't be debated unless of course they're based on lies, misinformation, and totally erroneous facts.  To bad we see so much of that everywhere these days.  But what I won't do is remain in a circular debate that has no end unless I agree with my opponents views.

I do my best to add good content here and seldom if ever take anything personally.  Why should I.  It's an internet forum not a court of law where my freedoms might be impacted.  If someone has a negative opinion of me that's their choice but it won't change my opinions of myself or my postings.

JAF and others can whine as much as they like for now.....and they will.  But before too much longer we'll finally get to see on the field the results of the work being done now.  Then, if we're all being honest, we'll actually know where we stand in this restructuring and what we can expect out of the 2022 season.

Until then it's all just guesses and conjecture that much like Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus I'm not paying much attention to.  I've been following the Bears since the 1960s so over time I've come to understand how they work and why they often fail to live up to expectations.  This time it may be different.  It feels different so far but then I've felt that way before.  So I'm willing to be patient and wait it out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, soulman said:

JAF and others can whine as much as they like

13 minutes ago, soulman said:

seldom if ever take anything personally

This is grand coming from a person who whines the most around here. You whine and threaten to leave when you don't get your way. You whine whenever someone disagrees with you. You wine about mock drafts. You whine whenever someone says anything negative about the Bears. You whine when you get a warning.

Perhaps you should start your own utopian forum.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

JAF and Soulman - drop it and keep it to football.  Lets not make it about other posters.  If you two need to hash it out, take it to PM.

You may have noticed that I'm not responding directly to JAF any longer and don't plan to.  I don't need to put him on ignore in order to simply and consciously ignore his posts or just not respond......and I haven't been for several of them now.

But let's talk about you OK?

If you plan to moderate then do it.  You and I have had our battles before and we don't always see eye to eye.  That's fine.  I've been where you are many times and I've also held admin roles as well.  So I do know what the job entails.

I've called it quits and walked away from others here as well once debates became so circular that it was clear there would never be an endpoint unless I agreed, and I won't do that when I'm certain of my positions and the facts.

If you want something to cease then stop the member whose pursuing not the pursued.  When I call an end to something I mean it.  I've done that with JAF yet he pursues me quoting me in his responses.  I'm not doing that and haven't done so with his last few posts.  I've moved on.  He hasn't.  So go arrest the bad guy.

As far as referring to his attitude and that of others I will continue to do that when I believe it's called for.  I just posted a great piece from Jeff Hughes in parts that go into and explain what's happening and why.  Instead of trying to engage me maybe the whiners should take a moment to read that thread.  They'd have the answers they want to but so easily discard because it would tend to stop their complaining. 

If you want good football debates then direct attention to that. It would help.

Normally I would take this private Tim but since you chose to make a comment in open forum I will answer you in open forum.  I'm not your bad guy here.  I'm just calling out those who have done nothing but ***** about this team and this draft ever since Poles took over and JAF and Windy are only two of others who have done much the same.  And what about when I express my own opinion and am called out for being flat wrong.....over an opinion?  LMFAO.  Mod that for me OK?

Some days around here a guy has to wade through 19 negative bitching posts just to get to one that makes some sense.  Of all of the other forums I post on nowhere else have I found the kind of ceaseless negativity that comes from a few, and just a few, members here.  Debating anyone whose opinions are so grounded in poor knowledge and thinking won't ever end up happily so I've managed to stop it once it needs to be stopped because it will never end otherwise.

I came back to comment on the draft and post draft FA signings and little more. If that's not good then let me know via PM and I'll sign off again.  I'm not here to do battle will all of your ill informed little "Chihuahuas" that are spoiling for an argument and like to keep yipping at someone's heels 'til they get one.  You want peace.  Then leash or kennel your Chihuahuas.  They're an annoyance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

You may have noticed that I'm not responding directly to JAF any longer and don't plan to.  I don't need to put him on ignore in order to simply and consciously ignore his posts or just not respond......and I haven't been for several of them now.

But let's talk about you OK?

If you plan to moderate then do it.  You and I have had our battles before and we don't always see eye to eye.  That's fine.  I've been where you are many times and I've also held admin roles as well.  So I do know what the job entails.

I've called it quits and walked away from others here as well once debates became so circular that it was clear there would never be an endpoint unless I agreed, and I won't do that when I'm certain of my positions and the facts.

If you want something to cease then stop the member whose pursuing not the pursued.  When I call an end to something I mean it.  I've done that with JAF yet he pursues me quoting me in his responses.  I'm not doing that and haven't done so with his last few posts.  I've moved on.  He hasn't.  So go arrest the bad guy.

As far as referring to his attitude and that of others I will continue to do that when I believe it's called for.  I just posted a great piece from Jeff Hughes in parts that go into and explain what's happening and why.  Instead of trying to engage me maybe the whiners should take a moment to read that thread.  They'd have the answers they want to but so easily discard because it would tend to stop their complaining. 

If you want good football debates then direct attention to that. It would help.

Normally I would take this private Tim but since you chose to make a comment in open forum I will answer you in open forum.  I'm not your bad guy here.  I'm just calling out those who have done nothing but ***** about this team and this draft ever since Poles took over and JAF and Windy are only two of others who have done much the same.  And what about when I express my own opinion and am called out for being flat wrong.....over an opinion?  LMFAO.  Mod that for me OK?

Some days around here a guy has to wade through 19 negative bitching posts just to get to one that makes some sense.  Of all of the other forums I post on nowhere else have I found the kind of ceaseless negativity that comes from a few, and just a few, members here.  Debating anyone whose opinions are so grounded in poor knowledge and thinking won't ever end up happily so I've managed to stop it once it needs to be stopped because it will never end otherwise.

I came back to comment on the draft and post draft FA signings and little more. If that's not good then let me know via PM and I'll sign off again.  I'm not here to do battle will all of your ill informed little "Chihuahuas" that are spoiling for an argument and like to keep yipping at someone's heels 'til they get one.  You want peace.  Then leash or kennel your Chihuahuas.  They're an annoyance.

Check your PMs

On 4/30/2022 at 1:19 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Yep. And I love good route runners. 

But I can’t remember who said it (sooo many posts this weekend ) but I think they nailed it. We are going with the Chiefs plan, find specific hard to find traits. 

(Raises hand)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

At least something in my last mock was right! 😂 

The mocks you guys work so hard on every year are funny just after draft.

At least with a first rounder you have somewhat of a chance at guessing.