Day 3 of the 2022 NFL draft.

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The Browns are being blacklisted for guaranteeing all of Watson's contract. It has a little to do with Baker's ability but more to with the Watson contract. That I think teams are wising up to the fact that a cheap QB not on a rookie contract likely isn't winning you anything. 

This doesn’t even make sense really.  Teams aren’t gonna band together to teach Truck Stop Jimmy and his Browns a lesson.  If a team thought Baker was the final piece to a contender, they’d trade for him.

1/3 of the league’s GM’s are on the hot seat.  Or at least a seat that’s getting warmer. They’re not risking their jobs to protest another teams QB’s contract.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This doesn’t even make sense really.  Teams aren’t gonna band together to teach Truck Stop Jimmy and his Browns a lesson.  If a team thought Baker was the final piece to a contender, they’d trade for him.

1/3 of the league’s GM’s are on the hot seat.  Or at least a seat that’s getting warmer. They’re not risking their jobs to protest another teams QB’s contract.

The real issue is teams that are looking to win in 2022 are set at QB. The teams that could really use an upgrade at QB aren't looking for a 1 year rental and aren't looking to win this year anyway. I don't think teams will want to extend Baker before he has healed from surgery. That would be a bit careless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

The real issue is teams that are looking to win in 2022 are set at QB.

Yep.  I mentioned it in another thread be we started trying to move him after teams had already started making moves.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

The teams that could really use an upgrade at QB aren't looking for a 1 year rental and aren't looking to win this year anyway. I don't think teams will want to extend Baker before he has healed from surgery. That would be a bit careless.

I think at this point it’s going to be best for all parties to just sit tight.  Baker may not want to swallow his pride and play for the Browns, but I’m not sure he has a better option.  Sure, he could sit at home or be a distraction and try to force their hand, but I’m not sure that’s going to help him much. The Browns have no incentive to cut him.

Stay the course, wait for an injury and move him then.  Maybe he plays for a few games here and shows the league what he can do.  Could make for a nice payday for him if he looks good and then gets to become an UFA.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.  I mentioned it in another thread be we started trying to move him after teams had already started making moves.

I think at this point it’s going to be best for all parties to just sit tight.  Baker may not want to swallow his pride and play for the Browns, but I’m not sure he has a better option.  Sure, he could sit at home or be a distraction and try to force their hand, but I’m not sure that’s going to help him much. The Browns have no incentive to cut him.

Stay the course, wait for an injury and move him then.  Maybe he plays for a few games here and shows the league what he can do.  Could make for a nice payday for him if he looks good and then gets to become an UFA.

They do have incentives to fine him too. They are holding him because of the contract. They want to lessen the number. 

• Like 1