Day 3 of the 2022 NFL draft.

Kiwibrown

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

They do have incentives to fine him too. They are holding him because of the contract. They want to lessen the number. 

For sure.  It really does benefit everyone to just be professionals.

I don't see a way that the Browns would invite Baker into the locker room or a way he would report.

Baker doesn't want to sit out and the Browns don't want him to hold out because then the season doesn't accrue and his 5th year option would go to next year, I believe anyway, which wouldn't help team problems financially.

Baker will probably have to sit out part of the year until a team comes calling but he'll still likely get to show what he has and be a free agent in 2023. The Browns need to get out of his contract as soon as possible and pay as little of his salary as possible to carry it over to next year.

Said it another thread. Here’s the coaches that I can predict will be gone because of their QB situation:

Matt Ruhle - Done after next year

Pete Carroll - Will probably retire

Dan Campbell - He *might* get an extra year

Ron Rivera - I have no idea what he’s doing

Arthur Smith - I give him 2 more years

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker will probably have to sit out part of the year until a team comes calling but he'll still likely get to show what he has and be a free agent in 2023. The Browns need to get out of his contract as soon as possible and pay as little of his salary as possible to carry it over to next year.

Very few people have the cap to take the hit is the problem. There isnt any 2017 browns with a ton of cap.

The bears have 100 mill next year, very little this year. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Said it another thread. Here’s the coaches that I can predict will be gone because of their QB situation:

Matt Ruhle - Done after next year

Pete Carroll - Will probably retire

Dan Campbell - He *might* get an extra year

Ron Rivera - I have no idea what he’s doing

Arthur Smith - I give him 2 more years

I think whether we like it or not, Stefanski is on the hot seat if the team under-performs and Watson plays the whole year. With a QB of that caliber you're begging to get a coach fired if wins don't materialize.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't see a way that the Browns would invite Baker into the locker room or a way he would report.

Baker doesn't want to sit out and the Browns don't want him to hold out because then the season doesn't accrue and his 5th year option would go to next year, I believe anyway, which wouldn't help team problems financially.

Yeah, it’s a mess all around.

47 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Stefanski is on the hot seat if the team under-performs and Watson plays the whole year.

The draft is not over, (typically our super bowl), and already dreaming of another coach on the hot seat.  Good to be a Browns fan. I live for this stuff.

Edited by mrpazzo
  • Like 2