Day 3 of the 2022 NFL draft.

Kiwibrown

2 minutes ago, mrpazzo said:

The draft is not over, (typically our super bowl), and already dreaming of another coach on the hot seat.  Good to be a Browns fan. I live for this stuff.

I said whether we like it or not. I don't want him fired FYI. Plus this is with the condition of the team severely underperforming. But go off I guess. 

53 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think whether we like it or not, Stefanski is on the hot seat if the team under-performs and Watson plays the whole year. With a QB of that caliber you're begging to get a coach fired if wins don't materialize.  

Stefanski can't catch passes from Watson, so the FO better get Watson some WR some help before even thinking of blaming Stef if the offense underperforms.

Edited by dawgdish

17 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I said whether we like it or not. I don't want him fired FYI. Plus this is with the condition of the team severely underperforming. But go off I guess. 

I didn't think you were really calling for Stefanski's job.  I also agree its the nature of the beast in the NFL with respect pressure on coaches. (I do have friend who is ready to light the torches because of play calling from last year however.)  I was just having a little fun with the fact that we haven't finished the draft which has traditionally been our most hopeful day, and the siren call for regime change is never far off.  I tend to be pretty conservative when it comes to front office and coaching changes, something the Browns organization has been anything but.  We have a 2 year old regime.  Their first year was above expectations in a difficult year.  Last year was difficult for football reasons and they struggled.  In my view the team did not quit and fought to the end and was mediocre.  We have seen total collapses under prior regimes.  I think both the front office and coaching staff are full of bright people who learn as they go.  They earned a lot credibility with me during 2020.  I agree that we are in win now status, but need to see things go off the rails for another season or so before I become pessimistic towards either the coaches or front office.