134- Spencer Burford, UTSA

Forge

38 minutes ago, N4L said:

He looks like a guard to me. I could easily see him being our starting RG next season 

Agreed. Especially with Mack possibly retiring, place Brunskill at Center and draft his replacement next year. That or let Moore play RG and put Burford at RT. I think we are going to play musical chairs with our oline in the off-season anyways. Not a great thing, but we have so many versatile players and it will depend on who shines at certain positions. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:22 AM, N4L said:

He looks like a guard to me. I could easily see him being our starting RG next season 

Kind of feels like there will be a push to extend mcg. You can afford to pay your tackles 40 million a year combined if the entirety of your interior is basically on a rookie deal. 

So unless they have decided to put Moore permanently on the outside rather than at guard, we really don't have a lot of guys on the roster with tackle as the preferred position for the staff. 

Basically end up with something like

OT- Trent, mcg

G/T - Moore, Burford

G - Banks

G/C - Zakelj, Brunskill

C - Mack

With Poe, West, Schlueter on PS and mckivitz and skule fighting for jobs

That's a lot of cheap labor if they extend mcg once healthy and capable

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Kind of feels like there will be a push to extend mcg. You can afford to pay your tackles 40 million a year combined if the entirety of your interior is basically on a rookie deal. 

So unless they have decided to put Moore permanently on the outside rather than at guard, we really don't have a lot of guys on the roster with tackle as the preferred position for the staff. 

OT- Trent, mcg

G/T - Moore, Burford

G - Banks

G/C - Zakelj, Brunskill

C - Mack

Not sure I agree with this to be honest. Burford can play guard but I still think he has tackle ability. Those long arms and his movement skills are very good. He didn't test well but moves a lot better. Funny enough, Brunskill may be the most talented tackle pass protector on the team minus Trent and he's not even getting a look at tackle SMH! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure I agree with this to be honest. Burford can play guard but I still think he has tackle ability. Those long arms and his movement skills are very good. He didn't test well but moves a lot better. Funny enough, Brunskill may be the most talented tackle pass protector on the team minus Trent and he's not even getting a look at tackle SMH! 

Preach GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, that's with the assumption that Burford sticks as guard and activates as a swing tackle if / when necessary. 

Also never understood why the team never went back to Brunskill at tackle after 2019. Truly bizarre. Its even hilarious when you just look at the splits from 2019. He played 350 snaps at tackle (LT and RT)  versus 117 at RG in 2019. He gave up 4 pressures 1 sack in those reps at tackle, 3 pressures and 1 sack in those reps at RG. 

Now, in full disclosure, those pressures / sacks at RG came against the Rams which means Aaron Donald, but still, that was a promising split at tackle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

OT- Trent, mcg

G/T - Moore, Burford

G - Banks

G/C - Zakelj, Brunskill

C - Mack

I have a feeling West will make the 63 man roster, I don’t think he would last long the p-squad with another team possibly grabbing him

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I have a feeling West will make the 63 man roster, I don’t think he would last long the p-squad with another team possibly grabbing him

He's going to have to earn it, especially if the team thinks Zakelj is a center. If Mack comes back, I think it's very unlikely he makes the squad without having a monster camp and preseason

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He's going to have to earn it, especially if the team thinks Zakelj is a center. If Mack comes back, I think it's very unlikely he makes the squad without having a monster camp and preseason

I'm still trying to wrap my head around these dudes thinking he's legit comp@center. I just don't see it...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forge said:

If Mack comes back, I would agree. If he doesn’t, I think West has a real chance to compete

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, John232 said:

Brunskill not moving back to tackle is bizarre, but i think it ls because Shanny puts a massive premium on run blocking, especially from tackles. Something Brunskill is decidedly below average at.

Brunskill is below average at just about everything, so how is that any different?

• Like 1