Grade the Packers Draft

Old Guy

Grade the Packers draft  

109 members have voted

1. 1. OK the pickin' is done! How'd we do in your opinion?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I've been plenty critical of the FO, but this was the best draft class they've had in a long time.  A lot of it depends on how well Watson develops, but it's not like it was a bad pick even if he doesn't pan out.  The 1st rounders could be big-time defensive players, there were several OL drafted who project to be starters, Enagbare looks like he should be a solid rotational player at the least, and solid dart pieces were thrown at the WR board.  It's a high-floor/high-ceiling draft

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, Leader said:

Perception is a funny thing.

While he was playing, I didnt perceive anything Kaepernick did as "over the top" at all. Rather - it was somewhat singular (at the beginning) and as "silent" a protest or comment as I would think possible.

He knelt for a minute or two during the playing of the national anthem. That was it.

The coverage of it amplified the act and the reasoning behind it - and explanations were necessary - so the public perception (and responses) to it grew - but the act itself.....was about as benign a protest as you could imagine. 

It wasnt until he was out of the league - IMO - that Kaepernick took on a more "activist" role.

The missing part of this whole Kapernick thing is it didn't start as a protest. He didn't start by kneeling for anything. He was benched, pissed off and sat during the National Anthem pouting. A real great teammate for sure. 

A guy on his team, who I believe was a former military, came up to him and suggested he use his 'anger' in a different way. He then came up with a 'platform'! He's no more genuine than this Marilyn character that send the ignorant email to Murphy. 

Kaepernick then made the decision to opt out of his contract with San Fran. He was not cut. He became a free agent of his own will. NOBODY wanted that distraction, much like the Tebow circus when it came to town. Kaepernick got his settlement. I feel no sympathy for the guy whatsoever. When he wears socks demonizing the police as 'pigs,' he reaped what he sowed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, Old Guy said:

Wonder if she wore her White pillowcase over her head when she wrote this one. 

I think your comment is way over the top. I believe the woman is just naïve when it comes to the NFL. I think the NFL drafts based on talent and not race, of course. Why this woman even cared if a player is black and white is again naïve. If the NFL is guilty of anything its being way over the top woke. Tone it down NFL because it gets so woke at times its becoming absurd. 

24 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

I think your comment is way over the top. I believe the woman is just naïve when it comes to the NFL. I think the NFL drafts based on talent and not race, of course. Why this woman even cared if a player is black and white is again naïve. If the NFL is guilty of anything its being way over the top woke. Tone it down NFL because it gets so woke at times its becoming absurd. 

You know that over the top comment was dead and buried until you searched the back pages for it and brought it back to the forefront for a post that didn't really bring anything to the table. 

• Like 4