Grade the Packers Draft

Old Guy

Grade the Packers draft  

109 members have voted

1. 1. OK the pickin' is done! How'd we do in your opinion?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree, it describes a particular mindset of a group of people. It's valuable for that.

I agree.  However, once a term gets taken into wider use, it really becomes bastardized and loses that meaning.  A recent example was the term "Karen." It went from a specific, home owner's association member, let me see the manager, type of woman; to a woman who has any kind of complaint.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I agree.  However, once a term gets taken into wider use, it really becomes bastardized and loses that meaning.  A recent example was the term "Karen." It went from a specific, home owner's association member, let me see the manager, type of woman; to a woman who has any kind of complaint.  

Valid point. I still think of Karen's as the former, but there are many who use it as an excuse to dismiss anyone with a fair gripe. 

As for "woke", I refuse to let the bigots of the world claim it for negative use. If you want to give me a label that warns others that I believe in equality and acceptance, then I'll proudly accept your label, regardless of your intentions.

With that in mind, I still think this draft is a solid B.

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Valid point. I still think of Karen's as the former, but there are many who use it as an excuse to dismiss anyone with a fair gripe. 

As for "woke", I refuse to let the bigots of the world claim it for negative use. If you want to give me a label that warns others that I believe in equality and acceptance, then I'll proudly accept your label, regardless of your intentions.

With that in mind, I still think this draft is a solid B.

Woke definitely is not a positive thing.  But again, it is way overused, and once the term has been broadened it has nearly lost all of its meaning.  When I hear words like:  "woke, Karen, boomer," I pretty much roll my eyes.  Same with any "ist" or "ism" or "phobe."  Most are just terms to "other" people so that you don't have to argue in good faith.

I still am more bullish on this draft.  Of course, we did get three of my favorites:  Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, and Zach Tom.  And I didn't think there was a shot that we would get Devante Wyatt.  I also really like what I have seen from Toure and Enagbare.  

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Wokeness is simply empathy toward others not like you. You got a problem with being emphatic to other different people? The opposite is Putinism. 

Nobody calls anybody woke for being sympathetic to others. 

People get called Woke derogatively when they insist their cat is transgender or complain that a movie has too many White people in it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Wokeness is simply empathy toward others not like you. You got a problem with being emphatic to other different people? The opposite is Putinism. 

I'm making fun of the people making fun of the people for using "woke". And also anyone who uses "canceled" unironically.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1