The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm looking forward to both projects. Think the current MCU group will do Blade right, and while Deadpool 2 wasn't bad I felt like it wasn't nearly as good as the first. Hoping the 3rd installment is a lot better.

There is no way that I think Blade would have worked in Phases 1-3. The multiverse stuff opens up everything though. It's also a cheap way to introduce a lot. But I have faith that they'll give everything a proper introduction as needed.

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

28544-Hugh-jackman-hallelujah-gif-CLN8.g

This gives me hope for Blade being R as well. Some characters (obviously not including the likes of Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, GotG, etc.) could use the edgier content and Blade is definitely one of those as well. That opening fight scene in the first movie is one of the best fights in any Marvel movie, MCU or otherwise.

Moon Knight. Give me TVMA Moon Knight. My life will be complete.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm looking forward to both projects. Think the current MCU group will do Blade right, and while Deadpool 2 wasn't bad I felt like it wasn't nearly as good as the first. Hoping the 3rd installment is a lot better.

I mean, there ARE reports/rumors of Disney starting a Mature D+ section or streaming app and they said DP3 is gonna be R-rated and in the MCU with a mysterious project pegged for their October 7, 2022 release so, while I don't want to get my hopes up too much (we've been burned before with Venom), all the pieces appear to be falling in place.

Tom Jane even recently said he wants to direct a Bernthal Punisher movie (YES PLZ!) and that'd be the perfect candidate for a mature MCU D+ section/app/banner like Marvel Knights/Max (or more likely, 20th Century Studios). It could even culminate in a Midnight Sons movie with Ghost Rider soon joining the mix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If they are going to roll with the mistake of not recasting T'Challa, then this is what they have to do.  Give us some content to make us care more about the characters they are going to move forward with.  It has to be good though, but we have no reason to believe it won't be until they start pumping out sub-par content.

Honestly, if they wanted to go the route of Shuri or someone already established not being the next Black Panther, I felt a series would be perfect to introduce the next Black Panther. Give a series giving them a background/story that somehow connects to BP2, which leads to them having a big role in the movie, and earning the Black Panther mantle at the climax or near the end of the movie.

Unfortunately, looks like they won’t have time to do it before BP2 unless they do some rearranging. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

There’s no part of the MCU world I care less about than Wakanda without Black Panther.

This is dumb.

I’m sorry.  I like Chadwick as much as anyone, but this is keeping someone else from a minority role, and a huge one at that.

I still maintain, given every interview he has ever given ever, he would want the role recast. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I still maintain, given every interview he has ever given ever, he would want the role recast. 

That's the impression I always got.  He always talked about how important the character was and that it was bigger than just himself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

People having a temper tantrum over it makes me want to slap them and explain the very simple logic in the situation.

The whining and crying and bitching and moaning is literally keeping some black actor out there from super stardom. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

There’s no part of the MCU world I care less about than Wakanda without Black Panther.

This is dumb.

I’m sorry.  I like Chadwick as much as anyone, but this is keeping someone else from a minority role, and a huge one at that.

Yeah. There’s no way to do anything in that universe without acknowledging that Boseman is dead.

Do you just have a show in Wakanda where he’s just never around? Do you kill his character offscreen?

I don’t think I remember him ever discussing it in any interview I saw, but it’s hard to imagine that Boseman, who spent the last years of his life playing Jackie Robinson and Thurgood Marshall would want Marvel to just drop the material related to the black superhero.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If they are going to roll with the mistake of not recasting T'Challa, then this is what they have to do.  Give us some content to make us care more about the characters they are going to move forward with.  It has to be good though, but we have no reason to believe it won't be until they start pumping out sub-par content.

Yeah it makes sense, honestly I'd rather they just put Black Panther II on the shelf and do a Disney+ show like this.

Bring all the contenders to the table, have the room to deal with T'challa's death...if that's the deal.
Have whatever antagonist from BP2 be a behind the scenes force in the series or something.

I'm also in the camp that they should've found a new actor.
I think in that instance too you could do the series first either as a way to keep Wakanda in the mind without T'Challa being around or at least 6 hours for people to get used to the new person.

I’m upset they aren’t recasting T’Challa, but to say they are preventing a black actor from achieving stardom is a ludicrous statement.

Whoever they bill as the lead, Shuri, Nakia, Okoye, Mbaku, Killmonger, a new character, etc, will have their chance.

Chadwick was an amazing actor, and how ever they do it will have tough a tough time .

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Whoever they bill as the lead, Shuri, Nakia, Okoye, Mbaku, Killmonger, a new character, etc, will have their chance.

No way it is a new character. If they did that they might have well just recast. If its not a new character, then they are just shifting platforms instead opening up a new one.