The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

I wonder why they decided to drop all episodes at once instead of releasing them weekly like all their other shows.

Probably because it's going to bomb and they'd rather take the hit all at once than across multiple weeks. 

56 minutes ago, D82 said:

Probably because it's going to bomb and they'd rather take the hit all at once than across multiple weeks. 

Idk, it's tied in to daredevil... Probably setting it up somewhat and it's the first MCU show to be rated mature. There's potential for success there, just depends on how they execute it.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Marvel is in such a tail spin right now, could really save themselves by just setting up a Sinister Six led by Kingpin.

Sinister Six without Spider-Man as the central protagonist is a terrible idea.  Kingpin has never had anything to do with them anyway. 

Also fwiw, s2 of Loki  is fantastic and if it closes strong next week with the season finale, one could argue that it’s the best season Marvel has made yet (including WandaVision) so it’s not a complete tailspin. 

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Sinister Six without Spider-Man as the central protagonist is a terrible idea.  Kingpin has never had anything to do with them anyway. 

Also fwiw, s2 of Loki  is fantastic and if it closes strong next week with the season finale, one could argue that it’s the best season Marvel has made yet (including WandaVision) so it’s not a complete tailspin. 

I'm not opposed to Spider-Man being in it. Spider-Man is the one movie franchise they've got going right now that hasn't fallen off.

I don't keep up with comics so I don't know if Fisk has ever been involved in a comic, but in the Spider-Man animated series he was the one responsible for getting them together(they were also not called Sinister Six, but some other word Six lol, been years since I've seen it). No reason they can't adopt some story line similar to that/write it to where Fisk is more heavily involved.

Using Spider-Man, Fisk, Daredevil, maybe Punisher? not sure how the Punisher stuff has been going, haven't kept up with that news, characters like that together seems like nothing but a great idea to me.

Work with what people love right now, and all of those characters I listed are still well loved by both hardcore Marvel fans and even more casual viewers due to how well Spider-Man's movies have went, the Daredevil/Punisher series on netflix, with Charlie Cox, Tom Holland, Vincent D'Onofrio and Jon Bernthal all killing their roles.

Doc Ock, Rhino, Mysterio and Scorpion are the 4 members I remember from the show, I forget the other two. Kingpin being the one who just got them to come together. Mysterio is a no go obviously and I imagine Doc Ock is too, but obviously can use a variety of villains/even an entirely different list than was used in the show. Vulture could maybe make a return as one, and iirc a potential Scorpion was introduced in homecoming too.

On 11/3/2023 at 12:58 PM, Acgott said:

Echo will be the first mature rated show.

This bodes well for Born Again being TV-MA, and it kinda has to be if you're bringing in The Punisher. Jon Bernthal said he'd only do it if they wouldn't tone him down, so, yeah, all the chips appear to be falling in place.

I'd assume that also gets a simultaneous Hulu release if/when it happens.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:30 PM, D82 said:

I think some of the streaming numbers are based on total minutes watched too. So they can make big misleading claims based on that to make it seem more successful than it was.

Expect that change to happen, Bob Chapek was a money/numbers guy who took over for Bob Iger so he was ramp ramp ramp, announce new projects, announce new projects, that is not what Marvel was doing before him and they'll likely pull back on that now. Fiege doesn't like to announce a project until all the ducks are in a row and there is a solid story in place. It's why things like Armor Wars have been in limbo for forever, that was announced when it was brought up as an idea, not when there was any sort of plan in place.