The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

In Captain America: Civil War, Natasha tells Tony that they're understaffed to go against Cap's team.  Tony goes to NYC to see Peter Parker for help and Natasha goes downstairs to talk to T'Challa.  T'Challa boasts of Wakanda's resources to help him find Barnes but Natasha says she knows someone who knows where Barnes and Cap's team are.  Then it cuts to Cap meeting with Sharon.

So who is it that Natasha knows that knows where Cap's team is?  Is it Cap?  The editing cut could allude to that.  I think the Russo Bros failed to capitalize on her double agent history here by making Natasha on Cap's side the entire time.  This is her M.O.  Staying close to Tony would've provided her with direct intel she could use to help Cap.  Esp since she'd be likely to have some intel that there are more Russian super soldiers out there. Natasha playing both sides for as long as possible is why she has been so valuable to Nick Fury.

Except it's not set up this way.  Or at least not shown to us in this manner.

And in arguably the 2nd worst piece of dialogue in the film (Hawkeye awkwardly introducing himself to Black Panther- "I'm Clint." -during their fight is the worst), she fumbles through giving an excuse to T'Challa about why she helped them escape. "I said I'd help you find them not catch them. There's a difference."  I felt she was sincerely genuine in apologizing to him about the deaths of the Wakanda humanitarian workers in Nigerian and then again about the loss of his father, but she's a double agent who doesn't need to explain anything to him.  Certainly not as clumsily as she did.

So who was the person that knew they were in Berlin?  How did Tony's team get to the airport so fast?  

22 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

In Captain America: Civil War, Natasha tells Tony that they're understaffed to go against Cap's team.  Tony goes to NYC to see Peter Parker for help and Natasha goes downstairs to talk to T'Challa.  T'Challa boasts of Wakanda's resources to help him find Barnes but Natasha says she knows someone who knows where Barnes and Cap's team are.  Then it cuts to Cap meeting with Sharon.

So who is it that Natasha knows that knows where Cap's team is?  Is it Cap?  The editing cut could allude to that.  I think the Russo Bros failed to capitalize on her double agent history here by making Natasha on Cap's side the entire time.  This is her M.O.  Staying close to Tony would've provided her with direct intel she could use to help Cap.  Esp since she'd be likely to have some intel that there are more Russian super soldiers out there. Natasha playing both sides for as long as possible is why she has been so valuable to Nick Fury.

Except it's not set up this way.  Or at least not shown to us in this manner.

And in arguably the 2nd worst piece of dialogue in the film (Hawkeye awkwardly introducing himself to Black Panther- "I'm Clint." -during their fight is the worst), she fumbles through giving an excuse to T'Challa about why she helped them escape. "I said I'd help you find them not catch them. There's a difference."  I felt she was sincerely genuine in apologizing to him about the deaths of the Wakanda humanitarian workers in Nigerian and then again about the loss of his father, but she's a double agent who doesn't need to explain anything to him.  Certainly not as clumsily as she did.

So who was the person that knew they were in Berlin?  How did Tony's team get to the airport so fast?  

Batman IYAM.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, THE DUKE said:

And while they need these movies to hit a few key points for the over arching narrative, they largely don't meddle with what these directors want to do with their movies either.  Early on it was a little restrictive for the looks and feel of the movies, but at some point they realized they need to let the directors direct their movie.

Is there a single origin movie that didn't follow the exact same formula??? Say what you will about the Marvel movies, they are very good. They're some of the most cookie cutter films the industry has ever seen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is there a single origin movie that didn't follow the exact same formula??? Say what you will about the Marvel movies, they are very good. They're some of the most cookie cutter films the industry has ever seen. 

Yeah...and I don't agree these directors are given free reign to make the movies they want.   There was a huge set of guidelines they had to follow within the MCU.   

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Yeah...and I don't agree these directors are given free reign to make the movies they want.   There was a huge set of guidelines they had to follow within the MCU.   

yeah they always have to advertise for the next ones within the movie

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

All movies are cookie cutter. At least, the good ones are. 

Intro

Good things happen to good guy

Twist and things take a turn for the worst -> oh no how will he/she/they recover?!

Hero recovers, fairy tale ending

Every genre follows the same idea. This isn't something that Marvel came up with on their own. 

40 minutes ago, theJ said:

Intro

Twist and things take a turn for the worst -> oh no how will he/she/they recover?!

Every genre follows the same idea. This isn't something that Marvel came up with on their own. 

Wait til people hear about exposition, rising action, turning point/climax, falling action, and resolution.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Intro

Every movie doesn't end with the main character fighting a stockier version of themselves with an alternative trim color. Come on. 

15 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Think they were planning on moving Shuri into the role, but now that Chadwick has passed, they could maybe recast the role and people would understand the reasoning. 

Going to be rough seeing someone else in the role. 

11 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Think they were planning on moving Shuri into the role, but now that Chadwick has passed, they could maybe recast the role and people would understand the reasoning. 

Ive seen the idea of Shuri, but they destroyed all the heart shaped fruit in the first movie. If they do recast, my vote is fore John David Washington. If they dont recast, maybe they retcon Killmonger dying, maybe T'Challa put him in stasis to heal him like they did with Bucky because of the immense guilt he felt about what had happened to him and his family's role in it. In BP2 T'Challa could fall to whoever the villain is and they get desperate for a champion and unfreeze Killmonger and he becomes the Panther but not the King and repents after seeing the good Wakanda has done since coming out to the world as the most advanced country by a long shot. 

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast