The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

“I did sit down with [Marvel Studios’ president] Kevin Feige recently and I said that I look at myself as sort of the Marvel R&D department. I know the genre can do all of these amazing things that [the Marvel Cinematic Universe] is doing, but my feeling is, what else can we do with it? Can we make it surreal? Can we make it musical? Not as a gimmick, but all of these techniques are about putting you into the subjective experience of these characters.”

Hawley’s previously said that he’s influenced by Captain America: The Winter Soldier in his interpretation of Doctor Doom, describing it as taking after that movie by blending the superhero world with the thriller genre. Funnily enough, Winter Soldier directors the Russo brothers have advocated their support for Hawley tackling the character in the MCU. Let’s hope that with the brothers’ backing and that meeting with Feige, this Doctor Doom movie actually happens.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/legion-showrunner-working-doctor-doom-movie-marvel/

It'd be a novel approach to center a movie's entire premise around the villain as the main character.  It'd also go a long ways as establishing Doom as the next phase earth bound main villain that could pop up across several movies over the next decade.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:39 AM, THE DUKE said:

They are filming scenes in Budapest right now, saw a picture of ScarJo on a motorcycle on Twitter yesterday from the set.  They dropped hints across a few movies about Budapest so you have to think Hawkeye is in the movie in some capacity as well.

New Rockstars had hinted at this and if it's the case, I'll be hyped for it.  There's suspicion that David Harbour's character may be Taskmaster.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 10:21 AM, THE DUKE said:

It'd be a novel approach to center a movie's entire premise around the villain as the main character.  It'd also go a long ways as establishing Doom as the next phase earth bound main villain that could pop up across several movies over the next decade.

If they go with giving Doom his own movie...have to think they introduce the F4 if they haven't by then, no?

On 6/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, THE DUKE said:

My wife is pretty hyped for season 3 of Jessica Jones.  We still haven't watched Punisher season 2 or Daredevil season 3 though, are those required before JJS3?  Didn't they make a second season of Iron Fist?  If so, haven't seen that either.

I really enjoyed JJ3. I liked the story arc. The actor who plays Trish I’m not a huge fan of, but it was a fun binge.

DD3 was really well done. Not remotely necessary to watch for JJ. There is an IF2, haven’t watched it yet. Haven’t watched either Punisher.

Going back to finish LC2. Realized I only go through like 2 episodes last year before the new tiny human’s sleep schedule wrecked my binging.

On 6/27/2019 at 7:21 AM, THE DUKE said:

Yea, it did wonders for IW to play almost the entire movie from Thanos POV.

Edited by Calvert28

On 6/29/2019 at 7:22 PM, fretgod99 said:

I really enjoyed JJ3. I liked the story arc. The actor who plays Trish I’m not a huge fan of, but it was a fun binge.

DD3 was really well done. Not remotely necessary to watch for JJ. There is an IF2, haven’t watched it yet. Haven’t watched either Punisher.

Going back to finish LC2. Realized I only go through like 2 episodes last year before the new tiny human’s sleep schedule wrecked my binging.

I'm eight episodes into JJ3 and I have never seen a more self indulgent project put on screen than JJ3. I guess they told the writers that they were getting cancelled, so do whatever they wanted because she is literally fighting the supervillian version of what Disney likes to imagine/claim the people who didn't like Captain Marvel/Star Wars are like. 

Talk about totally missing the boat of what made the first season great. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm eight episodes into JJ3 and I have never seen a more self indulgent project put on screen than JJ3. I guess they told the writers that they were getting cancelled, so do whatever they wanted because she is literally fighting the supervillian version of what Disney likes to imagine/claim the people who didn't like Captain Marvel/Star Wars are like. 

Talk about totally missing the boat of what made the first season great. 

Lulz. Ok.

He hates powered people or anybody else whom he thinks cheated or got an unfair advantage. If they were worried about making him out to be people who didn’t like Captain Marvel for all the superficial reasons, they certainly wouldn’t have made him a genius.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Taskmaster vs Black Widow/Hawkeye team up would be tough. Comic Book Taskmaster would murder either one in a straight fight. Alternatively that might make it exciting in a T2 sense.

If they do go the way of Taskmaster, I'd expect them to power him down a little.  Maybe not quite to the extent they did with film Crossbones vs comic Crossbones, but a different shade of the same gray, so to speak.  Whether that be by tying it more to technological means like they did with Crossbones or some other fashion.  Realistically, though, if Natasha's going to make the kind of character development necessary for her to come around to idea of seeking out/helping Tony (since this should be set prior to Iron Man 2), the main baddie should be able to 99% of the time whoop her in a 1-v-1 fight.  Especially since we're likely to have Yelena Belova (which I think is who Florence Pugh's character is going to turn out to be) as a mid-boss type villain that Natasha going to be able to have one or more fights with that she's able to come out on the winning end a shade more easily.

5 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Lulz. Ok.

He hates powered people or anybody else whom he thinks cheated or got an unfair advantage. If they were worried about making him out to be people who didn’t like Captain Marvel for all the superficial reasons, they certainly wouldn’t have made him a genius.

She's fighting an early 40s, balding, comb over, bowl cut, having ginger who's  slightly overweight, lives alone, is implied to be a closeted homosexual or incel (hard for me to tell), and dresses awfully. 

He routinely displays sexist tendencies, sends threatening social media messages, goes on rants about how powers and abilities are "unearned", has a vastly over inflated sense of his own abilities, literally at one point accuses Jones on news camera of being a "radical feminist trying to take back the night" and how he's an easy target because he's "a single white male,"

The only reason he's a "genius" and I use the term lightly considering he decided at one point to wrestle a super powered person and routinely had emotional semi-meltdowns, is that the season would have been an episode long if he didn't have SOMETHING going for him.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Curious why almost all of his victims were men, then. And why the only one we know of who wasn’t was specifically because of affiliation.

Where are you getting closeted homosexual? How is that relevant to your argument that he’s a stand-in for a group of people who tend to have particularly negative attitudes about homosexuals? Where are you getting incel?

He dresses like a pretty normal guy. He wears normal middle-aged dude stuff. Seriously, go to a store on a weekend and look at what middle aged dudes are wearing. Same stuff.

Also,

He essentially wins at the end. He plans to destroy the things JJ holds dear, and does.

So yeah. Not really seeing it.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Taskmaster vs Black Widow/Hawkeye team up would be tough. Comic Book Taskmaster would murder either one in a straight fight. 

No he wouldn’t.  Clint has whupped his tail before.  Once upon a time, TM was a really cool character with fascinating abilities but he’s been beat by far lesser opponents than Nat and Clint. Spidey has kicked the crap out of him multiple times and he’s not even trained in combat.  

I’d love to see him on screen but I’m not sure they’d maximize his ability to learn fighting styles in this particular movie.  Unless they show him fighting with others’ styles and making reference to the ppl specifically (Iron Fist, Daredevil, Cap, etc).  

Edited by thrILL!

41 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

Curious why almost all of his victims were men, then. And why the only one we know of who wasn’t was specifically because of affiliation.

Where are you getting closeted homosexual? How is that relevant to your argument that he’s a stand-in for a group of people who tend to have particularly negative attitudes about homosexuals? Where are you getting incel?

He dresses like a pretty normal guy. He wears normal middle-aged dude stuff. Seriously, go to a store on a weekend and look at what middle aged dudes are wearing. Same stuff.

Also,

Reveal hidden contents

He essentially wins at the end. He plans to destroy the things JJ holds dear, and does.

So yeah. Not really seeing it.

How did you not get either closeted homosexual or incel from the chef that he didn't end up killing? I'm going to run this back, try not to laugh at the absurdity:

1. He gets a slightly overdone steak at a well rated restaurant so he decides to kill the chef.

2. He breaks into the restaurant, ties up the chef and is going to begin torturing him.

3. The chef somehow thinks this is some sort of bondage play and kisses him.

4. Salinger gets freaked out by the kiss and runs away. 

The first episode review online has:

Caspar tells Jess this very ahh, troubling/kinky story about how Salinger almost murdered Caspar over a medium-well steak. Caspar thought the whole thing was some elaborate BDSM-foreplay thing (sans consent, not cool!), but when he kissed Gregory, Gregory flipped out “like he’d never been kissed by anybody before.”

+++

Salinger is also feeling quite indignant about the fact that Erik is attractive. Just in case you were wondering if Salinger was an incel: He is 1,000% an incel. 

I'm not the only one reading this.

I don't know why the almost meaningless list of victims was almost all male.

Maybe the idea was that he was deep down afraid of women. Maybe the idea was that he is a closeted homosexual so he wasn't interested in women. Maybe the writers were opposed to women getting killed in a way that didn't drive a story. Maybe it was commentary that women don't earn the plaudits in society  that they deserve, to see them become publicly overrated. Maybe it was just a random *** list of people.

As far as how he was dressing, you know what people don't wear in television shows? Regular people clothes!!! Every other character in the show, even the cops, wear specially fitted, styled outfits. When you dress someone up like a boring middle aged dude, you're making a statement. 

We can also add the portrayal of cops to the list of items on the show. The only one who isn't an unprofessional ****** is her gay friend who gets railroaded off the force. Maybe that's standard procedure in these shows, but it's also borderline comedic at this point.

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

No he wouldn’t.  Clint has whupped his tail before.  Once upon a time, TM was a really cool character with fascinating abilities but he’s been beat by far lesser opponents than Nat and Clint. Spidey has kicked the crap out of him multiple times and he’s not even trained in combat.  

I’d love to see him on screen but I’m not sure they’d maximize his ability to learn fighting styles in this particular movie.  Unless they show him fighting with others’ styles and making reference to the ppl specifically (Iron Fist, Daredevil, Cap, etc).  

Spider-Man is 50 tiers above Clint and Nat combined. I don't know how that's some kind of argument. 

Taskmaster without having learned any fighting styles is just a guy. The one who gives Captain America a run is the one decent version of the character. He got a really bad run for a bit where he was used to prove that some new heros are legit. I don't remember, but was this one of the stupid fights where Clint wins with sound attacks because he's handicapable as a deaf guy?

Taskmaster vs Clint in anything that's not bow-to-throwing-star range is an *** kicking. 

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast