> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Why is Eagles twitter so opposed to LVN at 10? Haven't done much research this year but he's young, productive, and has prototypical size with good athleticism. Not saying he should be the pick but we're the exact type of team that can afford to take these boom or bust prospects.

We're coming off a SB with no glaring holes, Howie will have to be really in his bag tomorrow if he wants to disappoint me. 

Trade up for Carter or Will. Skoronski. Gonzalez. Witherspoon. Paris. Broderick Jones. Nolan Smith. I'd be thrilled with any of those (obviously to varying degrees). Even Bijan I'd quickly talk myself into I'm sure (although let's really not waste #10 on a RB)

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Why is Eagles twitter so opposed to LVN at 10? Haven't done much research this year but he's young, productive, and has prototypical size with good athleticism. Not saying he should be the pick but we're the exact type of team that can afford to take these boom or bust prospects.

We're coming off a SB with no glaring holes, Howie will have to be really in his bag tomorrow if he wants to disappoint me. 

Trade up for Carter or Will. Skoronski. Gonzalez. Witherspoon. Paris. Broderick Jones. Nolan Smith. I'd be thrilled with any of those (obviously to varying degrees). Even Bijan I'd quickly talk myself into I'm sure (although let's really not waste #10 on a RB)

I’m with you. I don’t love LVN but I can get why a team would love his tools. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yes. Both gone. Maybe Gonzalez (outside corner only), one of the top OL and Van Ness are the best prospects on their board available.

Ugh. 

Kinda worst case scenario.

Corners bust so much, as much as I want to sure up depth out there…would rather go with that next batch. Gonzo has great traits and measurables …but didn’t necessarily use it to the fullest extent. Just have a vibe he’s gonna be the one that doesn’t live up to the hype of this group.

I’m not taking LvN, he doesn’t seem like a guy Howie is going to take either. Suppose his ability to play stand up 9 and the 5 is useful.

Honestly if this is the scenario I’d say screw it and go Bijan, take an edge at the end of round one, take an OT/G in the second, go BPA in the 3rd or move down a bit and get a 5th back. Also move picks next year for some darts rounds 4-6. Take Dorian, a wideout and a LB day 3 and BPA with the other picks. Sign a damn punter and some of those injured or character guys as UDFAs + whatever gem Stoutland wants.

Will people whine? Probably…they always do. Would it gives us the best shot at winning a Super Bowl the next two years when the NFC sucks? Absolutely.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

A strong prediction for both RBs going in the 1st is interesting. Didn’t seem like that was gonna be the case a couple weeks ago.

Not surprising at all that 25 (Cowboys) is the probable floor for the top TEs.

man, really going out on a limb there with the RBs ha.

I hope the Bengals make a rare trade and move up to take away a TE option for the Cowboys. Could see them also do that for Gibbs…but I think he might be a surprise pick for the Chargers, who then unload AEx for a pick and/or wideout. (Think they also would be a good spot to send Quez if we are trading him. A 7th, 2024 4th and Quez?)

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

@TheRealMcCoy mobile sucks can't quote your response.

Honestly after the top 4 I'd just rather trade down. Yes that includes Carter. I won't deny the talent, but to me the character and apparent attitude/work ethic is just a red flag. I don't think he realizes his potential.

Can’t be mad at that honestly. I’ll admit I get enticed by the high ceiling. I also think Philly has the vets and former teammates to make it work and keep him on track. 

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I haven't looked much into him but one of the negative things I've come across multiple times is that he doesn't use his hands enough or at all. A few said he forgots he even has hands connected to his arms. 

Could just be diva talk but seems like an issue that could be fixed with coaching. If that's true about his technique then I'd rather trade down to get him later in the first. I want a more ready person vs a project

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I haven't looked much into him but one of the negative things I've come across multiple times is that he doesn't use his hands enough or at all. A few said he forgots he even has hands connected to his arms. 

Could just be diva talk but seems like an issue that could be fixed with coaching. If that's true about his technique then I'd rather trade down to get him later in the first. I want a more ready person vs a project

What I saw was he doesn’t have any bend, doesn’t attack the edge at all. Seems to be very reliant on his bull rush and no pass rush moves which won’t translate. Has a lot of “luck” sacks, where he was blocked the whole time and Qb just happened to be where he was. I don’t want him at all at 10.

• Like 1

The more I think about it there is a saying Sirianni often uses where’s he says that high character guys that work hard reach their ceiling or something along those lines. I’m probably not giving enough credence to him not being a guy we would move up for or even take there at 10 possibly. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <