2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

22 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just think paying too much attention to interviews and not listening to people who’ve been around a player for a few years makes it easy to be charmed by someone who’s just telling you what you want to hear while missing the obvious clues, like with JFF.

If any of the QB prospects say "let's wreck this league" in their interview, he's off my board

20 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I saw on a video he was pressured 41% of the time. Which is extremely high.

Your stat above is very worrisome indeed. 56% completion. 1TD, 8INT vs the three best teams etc. All worrying.

But if his teammates are really atrocious players and can’t get open before the pressure gets home, which it apparently does pretty quickly half the time...

I still maintain that if we want to develop a prototypical QB with a cannon for an arm and accuracy issues, let's keep developing Kizer rather than take another on board - perhaps Allen is not the type of QB Hue is best suited to develop. I think this staff has a better shot with any of the other 3 top QBs besides Allen.

I guess this is just the way that I'm personally wired, but if I have the #1 pick of the draft and I'm picking a QB, I'm going with the guys who are the most likely to succeed and I'm staying away from ANYONE who is a "Boom or bust" guy that will potentially cost me my job/career. Therefore, there are only 2 guys that I'm considering:

*Sam Darnold

*Josh Rosen

I've seen Josh Allen compared to a few guys: Big Ben, Brett Favre, Jay Cutler, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Stafford. I'm not rolling the dice on a guy completing 55% of his passes who completes less than 40% of his passes under pressure, and MAY succeed ONLY if he sits a full year or two. Too risky.

Lamar Jackson could light the league on fire or be the next RGIII. He's too risky at #1.

Baker Mayfield has too many question marks for me in terms of height, offensive system, and off the field "issues".

Sam and Josh both fit the "prototype" mold in terms of height/weight, and Darnold has a fantastic arm. The only question with him is if he can read a defense. Rosen is the most pro ready, but has medical questions/concussion issues and MAYBE attitude (although that's overblown IMO it's still a factor).

Let's please not overthink this guys. Get Sam, but if not him, get Rosen.

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Apparently Baker Mayfield rolled his eyes in a team interview when the other QBs were mentioned!

He's a tool. I'm not surprised. My opinion of him is unchanged for the better or the worse.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He's a tool. I'm not surprised. My opinion of him is unchanged for the better or the worse.

Man I think hes going to be good though 

I dont want him for us

But he's one of those guys I'll be a fan of from a distance. He's not Johnny. Johnny had a problem Baker just has that walk-on chip on his shoulder hes always going to have that. I mean dude walked on twice then won the Heisman. 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Baker just has that walk-on chip on his shoulder hes always going to have that. I mean dude walked on twice then won the Heisman. 

Something I have wondered about now and then: If he is so good, why did he have to walk on, twice?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Something I have wondered about now and then: If he is so good, why did he have to walk on, twice?

Clay Matthews III, Scottie Pippen, Ryan Howard, Ben Wallace, JJ Wattt, the list of guys who had to walk on in college has quite a few success stories.  

Maybe he wasn’t good then, but what does that have to do with now?

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Clay Matthews III, Scottie Pippen, Ryan Howard, Ben Wallace, JJ Wattt, the list of guys who had to walk on in college has quite a few success stories.  

Maybe he wasn’t good then, but what does that have to do with now?

Maybe nothing.

But it seems odd to have happened twice.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

There was a lot of drama around Mayfield and Texas Teach when he was leaving. I believe Oklahoma wasnt able to offer him a scholly right away because of it.

24/7 profile said he had 3 DI offers but none of them were big programs. 

Maybe he has the mindset that is perfect for the Browns.

Was told he could never become a P5 QB

Was told he could never start for a major program

Maybe someone should tell him that he could never turn the Browns around.

Archived