2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Baker is by no means my favorite Prospect but this is honestly no different than path to the draft or Rosen doing that destination Dallas series

Yup. The only reason anybody is holding this against him is that you already dislike the personality/idea that he's immature/self-focused. If Darnold did something like this it would be, "Cool."

It shouldn't be a big deal no matter who is doing it.

Now if the series revealed personality issues in its content, that would be interesting.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

You been drinking?

Quarterback Ball Velocity at 2018 NFL Combine

Josh Allen - Wyoming - 62 (left), 62 (right) (Highest ever recorded at the combine)

Sam Darnold - Southern Cal - did not throw

Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 59 (left), 60 (right) (only Allen ever eclipsed 60, 2 other times a QB reached 60 since 2007)

Josh Rosen - UCLA - 57 (left), 59 (right)

Lamar Jackson - Louisville - 49 (left), 49 (right)

Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

JT Barrett - Ohio State - 52 (left), 52 (right)

Baker was #2 after Allen and there is no way Darnold is going to throw with 120 mph velocity so you are clearly wrong and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mayfield has the stronger arm to Darnold. Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield all are probably pretty close but I would lean toward Mayfield beating out the other two slightly, we don't know about Darnold though because he didn't throw. Technically Mayfield has the bigger frame at just under 6'1 and 216 lbs to Darnold's 6'3 220. What I think you meant to say is Darnold is 2 and 3/8 inches taller.

As far as strongest arm?  Meh?  They all can get the job done so I don’t see why people want to argue it. 

As far as the bigger frame?  You are technically correct. Darnold is at 3.49 lbs/in where Mayfield is at 3.57 lbs/in. So Mayfield has him beat by .08 lbs/in. I think I’ll sacrifice that difference in frame size for the extra 2 3/8 inches in height and the body that can put on more weight. 

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I watched it at 7:15 and I have no clue what you’re talking about ?

Instead of saying “make a bad move”, he almost said “Baker Mayfield”.

That classic thing that happens when you switch the first letter at the start of each word haha. More a joke than anything serious of a post!

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yup. The only reason anybody is holding this against him is that you already dislike the personality/idea that he's immature/self-focused. If Darnold did something like this it would be, "Cool."

It shouldn't be a big deal no matter who is doing it.

Now if the series revealed personality issues in its content, that would be interesting.

I wouldn’t like it if any QB prospect did it. Why you making a documentary series in your name and lacing the credits with you posing at shows and overlapping it with dissenting voices like Cowherd and all that “if anyone’s turning around that franchise it’s me”?

Nothing cool about that regardless of the prospect. It’s cringey.

This ain’t Tom vs Time, you ain’t done shhhh yet bro.

And we already know his personality issues to be honest. He’s revealed them on and off the field multiple times to the tune of being arrested for running from cops, and having to apologise/being bogus suspended by his team for acting like a tool on the field.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That classic thing that happens when you switch the first letter at the start of each word haha. More a joke than anything serious of a post!

?. You know you’re right. It’s happening!!

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That classic thing that happens when you switch the first letter at the start of each word haha.

Deep.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

well with his pro day yesterday, he has prolly spent a lot of time talking about him.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I wouldn’t like it if any QB prospect did it. Why you making a documentary series in your name and lacing the credits with you posing at shows and overlapping it with dissenting voices like Cowherd and all that “if anyone’s turning around that franchise it’s me”?

Nothing cool about that regardless of the prospect. It’s cringey.

This ain’t Tom vs Time, you ain’t done shhhh yet bro.

Co-sign this.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

And we already know his personality issues to be honest. He’s revealed them on and off the field multiple times to the tune of being arrested for running from cops, and having to apologise/being bogus suspended by his team for acting like a tool on the field.

And then acting like a tool on the field again.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

And then acting like a tool on the field again.

I have no problem with him acting like an arrogant a-hole. If you get under his skin, you take his best shot.

He looked bad planting the flag at tOSU, but having tOSU sing on his field after a big lose, he wanted revenge.

He looked bad grabbing his crouch but the opposing team was taking a lot of smack.

I would like that potential attitude. I feel like with the skill players the Browns have, they would all feed off of him

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I have no problem with him acting like an arrogant a-hole. If you get under his skin, you take his best shot.

He looked bad planting the flag at tOSU, but having tOSU sing on his field after a big lose, he wanted revenge.

He looked bad grabbing his crouch but the opposing team was taking a lot of smack.

I would like that potential attitude. I feel like with the skill players the Browns have, they would all feed off of him

I think it was @Aztec Hammer that posted an assessment structure Mr. Wolf used in GB for players that included screens/criteria like:

Is the player prototypical of a successful player at the position? The answer for Mayfield is: No

Are there character concerns? The answer for Mayfield is: Yes

By way of comparison, for Darnold and Rosen the answers are: Yes, and No.

LOL

So now people are talking about pounds per inch in regards to frame. 

This is ridiculous.

Sam Darnold is taller and bigger than Mayfield, hence the bigger frame.

Some people will use whatever ratios/stats they want to justify their stances. Then again, these are the same people who were JFF apologists for YEARS.

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

I think it was @Aztec Hammer that posted an assessment structure Mr. Wolf used in GB for players that included screens/criteria like:

Is the player prototypical of a successful player at the position? The answer for Mayfield is: No

Are there character concerns? The answer for Mayfield is: Yes

By way of comparison, for Darnold and Rosen the answers are: Yes, and No.

I’m a fan of Darnold and want him but I am also a fan of Baker and wouldn’t mind him. I’m not worried about his off field stuff because it’s no where near the level of Johnny. Hell Johnny has multiple off the field incidents. We have only heard that one with the cop with Baker. 

IMO I want Darnold. I was listening to an interview on the radio. It was a former QB for the lions. He said he believe Darnold is going to be the #1 pick. This guy said the thing he liked he most about a Darnold is his sloppy magic. That Darnold just has the ability to take a broken play and make it magically. He says he likes all the other basic stuff he does as a QB but outside the normal stuff, he likes his it factor to make a play when everything starts to break down 

Archived