2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't do it. 

Jlc is jlc. It's more likely they they just don't move him because nobody gives what they want.  Have to click on the tweet to get the rest, but GM thinks it would take a strong offer to get Lance 

I don't know why the niners would be involved to trade him just to trade him. Weirder things have happened, but doesn't make much sense for them

It doesnt make any sense at all, but if they will dump him for a 3rd round pick, I will take him and go Anderson at number 2

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

we made the wrong choice though last season

I’d reserve judgement till after this year. If Stingley ends the year on IR and green doesn’t show progression then yes we may have missed. But Stingley will be in a better system, and Green looks to have shed some bad weight and gotten in better shape this offseason. He also just turned 22. So ya, him getting man handled by some of the best 3 techniques in the league last year is understandable. Especially with a terrible center next to him.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It doesnt make any sense at all, but if they will dump him for a 3rd round pick, I will take him and go Anderson at number 2

The only things I can think of is that they would be doing Lance a favor or he's just so bad that he's behind Darnold in the pecking order and they don't want teams to know it. But even then, as a niner fan who watched them play Josh Johnson in a playoff game last year and has seen shanny use three QBs in a season more than he's only had one QB, I'd just keep him to have another warm body in the room familiar with the team and scheme. Who are you replacing him with? Mason Rudolph or a day three pick? Especially since it costs them more to trade him. I'm okay with missing that value. But this niner regime has done some baffling things

• Like 1

I don't want Trey Lance. I want CJ Stroud. I will really, really salty if we miss out on CJ Stroud cause we want to take a chance on Trey or Levis or Richardson and the Colts grab Stroud and it turns out to be exactly what we thought - an NFL ready QB. 

Draft Stroud, then draft JSN. Oline for Texans isn't that bad, lets be fr, JSN will elevate this offense and our receiving corps is pretty good, we have a great running game. 

All this talk about how good a college QB's team is influencing how good they are, yeah true, but look at the metric for QB's taken years past, Tua, Burrow, Watson, Stafford, Cam, for all these QB's that worked out with great players, there's always a Winston or a Jamarcus Russell. 

I can't wait until next week

Edited by Drained

1 hour ago, Drained said:

I don't want Trey Lance. I want CJ Stroud. I will really, really salty if we miss out on CJ Stroud cause we want to take a chance on Trey or Levis or Richardson and the Colts grab Stroud and it turns out to be exactly what we thought - an NFL ready QB. 

Draft Stroud, then draft JSN. Oline for Texans isn't that bad, lets be fr, JSN will elevate this offense and our receiving corps is pretty good, we have a great running game. 

All this talk about how good a college QB's team is influencing how good they are, yeah true, but look at the metric for QB's taken years past, Tua, Burrow, Watson, Stafford, Cam, for all these QB's that worked out with great players, there's always a Winston or a Jamarcus Russell. 

I can't wait until next week

I’m 100% on this 

CBS Sports did a mock draft where we take Stroud at 2 and then trade 12, 65, and a 2024 1st to the Cardinals to get pick 3 and take Anderson. 

seems low to me but if trade a 3rd and future 1st to walk out of the draft with those two guys. Especially if we keep our 2nd rounder. 

We could potentially go Anderson at 2, defense at 12 again, take a WR at 33. Draft interior o-line and defense in round 3. 

this would mean a QB battle between Mills and Keenum. Could potentially draft a QB in round 4 like Hall, Haener, or Thompson-Robinson just to see if we could hit on something. 

we have one more year of two 1st round picks next year, so we would have ammunition to move up with. 

im really not sure that Maye or Williams is better than Stroud though. 

47 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We could potentially go Anderson at 2, defense at 12 again, take a WR at 33. Draft interior o-line and defense in round 3. 

this would mean a QB battle between Mills and Keenum. Could potentially draft a QB in round 4 like Hall, Haener, or Thompson-Robinson just to see if we could hit on something. 

we have one more year of two 1st round picks next year, so we would have ammunition to move up with. 

I dont know how the Texans can justify even doing that to us fans, especially season ticket holders.   Stroud would put fans in the seats.  Not sure if you are on twitter but every single time the Texans tweet its fans in the comment section posting Stroud pictures in a Texans jersey.   Then again our front office dont owe us anything but its clear who the fans want.  I low key want to go to the draft party Thurs to see the reactions if Stroud isnt the pick at 2. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Agreed, I think Stingley will have a breakout year this year in DeMeco's defense. We didn't put him in a position to succeed in Lovie's defense. He's not an off-ball cover 2 guy.

Yeah he's a man cover corner.  I expect a much improved Stingley year 2 if he stays healthy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If there's a day 3 QB happening, it's Aidan O'Connell. I also know the Texans love Tyree Wilson so if not trading up to 3, it could be trade up to 5-8 range for him.