2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

So yall arent a least bit worried the Titans or Colts might end up getting Stroud if we pass on him and potentially dominating us for the next 10+ years?

No more or less than I'm worried about them getting Levis, Hooker or Richardson cheaply and dominating us for the next 10+ years.

"Ye pays yer money;  ye takes yer choice."

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

So yall arent a least bit worried the Titans or Colts might end up getting Stroud if we pass on him and potentially dominating us for the next 10+ years?

That could happen with any of the QBs honestly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tab said:

That could happen with any of the QBs honestly

Not really. Stroud is significantly better than Richardson and Levis as prospects.  Im not high on either of the last 2 so IDC if they go to the Colts/Titans.

Edited by Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Stroud is significantly better than Richardson and Levis as prospects.

Is he, though?  Stroud's support was clearly better in Ohio State at WR (WR1:3rd, WR3:33rd) than Anthony's (WR1:60th, WR2:181st) or Will's (WR1:293rd, WR2:333rd).  Pass protection?  CJ's OTs were rated a phenomenal 12th and 13th, OGs 28th and 37th, and his Center was 5th.  Among the top five, Richardson's O-Line was a distant second with decent OTs (30th and 120th) and excellent OGs (1st and 47th) but a problem at Center (226th).  You may want to shield your eyes before looking directly at what Levis had in front of him:  178th and 327th at OT, 109th and 593rd at OG, and 196th at Center.  Neither Florida nor Kentucky were in the top 30 college squads, both (especially Richardson) faced superior teams than their own on average, and neither head coach made the top 12.

(Oh, and while his rating is higher than Stroud's, Hooker's supporting cast was even worse than Will's.  Way worse.)

And, more to the point, would the less mobile CJ be better [prepared] in Tennessee (rated 28th in pass blocking) or Indianapolis (29th) than Levis or Richardson on rebuilding NFL teams?   Do you think Stroud will like his NFL WRs?  Or is it likely he'll be the next in a long line of Ohio State disappointments?

Damn!  Now everyone's going to know why Stroud is fading! :)

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This isn’t complicated. Take a QB at 2 and be wrong if you have to but you can’t punt on the position. 

Yeah agreed. I am seeing a few mock drafts that have Houston trading the picks and not taking any QB. Just don't get the logic there at all. They might not get their number one guy, but there are 3 other QBs left for the 2nd pick. At least take a chance on one of them. 

• Like 1

I mean... the thought of walking away with Tyree Wilson and Will Levis just makes me sick to my stomach. Luckily, the last two years has taught me to disassociate with this team.

It's a shame too, I *really* felt like this franchise was heading in the right direction. But ...if there's any truth to passing on Anderson and Stroud for Wilson and Levis, then the Ryans era won't be much different than the Lovie or Culley era in terms of W/L.

I can live with Wilson if you're getting Stroud. I can live with Levis if... Nope. No, I can't live with Levis under any circumstances.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Is he, though?  Stroud's support was clearly better in Ohio State at WR (WR1:3rd, WR3:33rd) than Anthony's (WR1:60th, WR2:181st) or Will's (WR1:293rd, WR2:333rd).  Pass protection?  CJ's OTs were rated a phenomenal 12th and 13th, OGs 28th and 37th, and his Center was 5th.  Among the top five, Richardson's O-Line was a distant second with decent OTs (30th and 120th) and excellent OGs (1st and 47th) but a problem at Center (226th).  You may want to shield your eyes before looking directly at what Levis had in front of him:  178th and 327th at OT, 109th and 593rd at OG, and 196th at Center.  Neither Florida nor Kentucky were in the top 30 college squads, both (especially Richardson) faced superior teams than their own on average, and neither head coach made the top 12.

(Oh, and while his rating is higher than Stroud's, Hooker's supporting cast was even worse than Will's.  Way worse.)

And, more to the point, would the less mobile CJ be better [prepared] in Tennessee (rated 28th in pass blocking) or Indianapolis (29th) than Levis or Richardson on rebuilding NFL teams?   Do you think Stroud will like his NFL WRs?  Or is it likely he'll be the next in a long line of Ohio State disappointments?

I get your point but there’s a very real possibility we get Stroud’s WR1 at 12if we take him so that is pretty much mute.

11 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

You literally can say the same thing about Joe Burrow when he was at LSU with all the WR talent they had.  The biggest thing I use when judging if a QB can potentially be good in the NFL is production and skill set.  Stroud showed both while at Ohio St.  Cant really say the same for Levis.  I know he played injured this past season and props to him for that but he till made questionable decisions throwing and had 2 seasons of double digit INT's.  Maybe an offensive minded coach can get the best out of him but I wouldnt bank on taking a chance on him at pick 2. Too much of a risk when there are better prospects than him.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Drained said:

At this point man you just have to trust our scouts. Lots of smoke screens to bait teams and mislead people.

I'll agree on smokescreen - but I'll trust my eyes on this evaluation as well. If they pass on two players with extensive experience against top level competition and with elite production (Stroud, Anderson) for two projects with less than ideal production (and two guys who had to transfer to get PT - let's not forget that) then I need a detailed understanding on what these scouts saw.

This organization has not earned trust. Under no circumstances am I going to trust them without explaining why they didn't do the obvious thing that 99% of experts agree on and pick the high lev, athletic and productive players over the guys who didn't produce at the collegiate level. 

11 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I have a simple question on Levis - why couldn't he beat out Sean Clifford at Penn State? It's clear he's the more physically impressive QB, yet Clifford (a priority UDFA this year if he's lucky - probably in his final year of organized football before he enters the "real world") was the starter that pushed Levis to Kentucky.

Why?