2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

On 4/13/2023 at 4:13 PM, ET80 said:

Well. This is exactly the type of story you want to hear about a few days from the draft.

Hannah, step in and get this under control! You can do it! #teamHannah.

So - I put some more thought into this with a few folks over dinner - I think it’s more smoke screen than anything. Remember, Nick Caserio is getting a LOT of praise on his offseason to this point; People look at low key signings such as Dalton Schultz and Sheldon Rankins as pickups that pay immediate dividends to the Texans in 2023. Last years draft class was actually pretty solid considering the situation with coaching; Sting and Kenyon are incomplete at the moment, but Pierce and Pitre were great additions.

If you’re firing Caserio, what’s your reasoning? Is it simply because Ryans wants “his guy” in the building? If so… that’s problematic. It’s a red flag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

If the Colts trade up to 1.1 and get their guy, kudos to them. However, if the Texans pick and one of the top QBs is still there for Indy to get (or trade up for) the Texans are approaching the draft completely wrong. 

Sometimes, the best move is making sure your enemy doesn’t make their best move.

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

If the Colts trade up to 1.1 and get their guy, kudos to them. However, if the Texans pick and one of the top QBs is still there for Indy to get (or trade up for) the Texans are approaching the draft completely wrong. 

Sometimes, the best move is making sure your enemy doesn’t make their best move.

I have a hard time believing that the Panthers don't already have their guy in mind. They traded up to 1 for a reason. I do not believe for a second that they would be willing to trade down to 4. They are just trying to get us to panic and trade with them and still get the guy they want. ZERO CHANCE they trade back to 4 and potentially miss out on their guy at QB

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I have a hard time believing that the Panthers don't already have their guy in mind. They traded up to 1 for a reason. I do not believe for a second that they would be willing to trade down to 4. They are just trying to get us to panic and trade with them and still get the guy they want. ZERO CHANCE they trade back to 4 and potentially miss out on their guy at QB

Ultimately, I agree with this. They don’t give up a huge amount of assets to only trade down (unless they recoup those assets PLUS more - highly unlikely as that may be).

22 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Once again I expect Caserio to screw this up.  They are making stuff too freaking complicated and it's starting to piss me off. 

I actually think this is by design - this is peak lying season and the Texans are making it so confusing, nobody outside of the building knows what they’re thinking. 

We all know where I stand. Take Anderson or trade down for a haul is absolutely my preference. I just don't see these guys as franchise QBs. We aren't doing anything next year even if they are good so sucking for Caleb or Maye is fine with me. Saying we need a QB so we must take one in the first draft that comes up is not a winning strategy. Sometimes the QB just isn't there. Don't inflate them just because you need one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

We all know where I stand. Take Anderson or trade down for a haul is absolutely my preference. I just don't see these guys as franchise QBs. We aren't doing anything next year even if they are good so sucking for Caleb or Maye is fine with me. Saying we need a QB so we must take one in the first draft that comes up is not a winning strategy. Sometimes the QB just isn't there. Don't inflate them just because you need one

You could very well be right about the talent level of the QBs, but I think it’s 100% obvious that the Texans don’t feel that way otherwise there’s no way we wouldn’t have signed a competent QB this off season. 

• Like 3