2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

58 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Everyone giving Lance Z hell for his recent mock.  LOL

I dont bash a person for making a mock but Lance Z has the Texans taking Tyree Wilson at 2 over Anderson and Stroud.  No way in the world that happens.

I saw it and thought this is pure click bait

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I saw it and thought this is pure click bait

I am not confident in this at all because it's smoke screen season, but there's speculation floating out there that Carolina is all in on Bryce Young. My guy puts it at a 75% chance that it's real. However, the concern is we're not sold on CJ. If there's any doubt, there's a solid chance we go with a safe bet like Will Anderson and see how the rest of the draft plays out. Trading back up for a QB could happen at that point in Levis falls past #4. 

This would be an absolute wild timeline if it played out this way. There's a chance that Bryce to Carolina is a smoke screen to get us to give up capital to move to #1. There's also a chance that CJ does great at his visit today and we're good with either one of them at #2. Again, it's unlikely it plays out like this, but it is possible. 

• Like 2

If we pass up on Stroud at number 2, I’m gonna be ticked. We could get the good fortune of not drafting Bryce young but then we pass up on the best QB in the draft?

The defensive player better be on the level of a JJ Watt or at least Mario Williams. 

this leaves open the real chance of Keenum and Mills battling for a starting job. I’m good with that if we are ready to tank another year and build the roster around a future draft pick. 

dangerous though to do that. 

7 hours ago, LORK88 said:

I am not confident in this at all because it's smoke screen season, but there's speculation floating out there that Carolina is all in on Bryce Young. My guy puts it at a 75% chance that it's real. However, the concern is we're not sold on CJ. If there's any doubt, there's a solid chance we go with a safe bet like Will Anderson and see how the rest of the draft plays out. Trading back up for a QB could happen at that point in Levis falls past #4. 

This would be an absolute wild timeline if it played out this way. There's a chance that Bryce to Carolina is a smoke screen to get us to give up capital to move to #1. There's also a chance that CJ does great at his visit today and we're good with either one of them at #2. Again, it's unlikely it plays out like this, but it is possible. 

I'm ok with passing on Stroud but not for a tradeup for Levis. I would prefer in this scenario, Anderson at #2, #12 JSN and use your 2nd rounder to move up for Hooker or trade down #12 and select Hooker outright.

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

I'm ok with passing on Stroud but not for a tradeup for Levis. I would prefer in this scenario, Anderson at #2, #12 JSN and use your 2nd rounder to move up for Hooker or trade down #12 and select Hooker outright.

Yeah - any outcome with Will Levis is a fail. Doesn’t matter when he’s picked, a bad QB is a bad QB. 

Picking Hendon Hooker in the 2nd gives me a lot of Deshone Kizer vibes, but I’d let it play out some. I mean, I liked what I saw from him overall, but the rehab and acclimation to the pro game needs to ramp up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I still think its a smokescreen.  Young and Stroud the clear best qb prospects in this draft.  If they pass on both then they deserve backlash for it.  

I think that’s why Stroud is visiting - the belief that Stroud isn’t the pick (if available) is really just centered around David Mulegheta and Athletes First. 

In business, you’re constantly working with people who you may not like or people who worked against you - much like how Mulegheta work with that QB to orchestrate the trade. There was no malicious intent from Mulegheta, he was doing his job and representing his clients’ wishes. If the McNair family holds a grudge? That’s problematic, and will manifest itself with other good players that he represents. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I still think its a smokescreen.  Young and Stroud the clear best qb prospects in this draft.  If they pass on both then they deserve backlash for it.  

It very well could be. Carolina could be trying to get Houston to give up a pick and Houston could be signaling that they aren't tied to one player. It's April, it's hard to trust a lot of the info going around. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Blaze said:

BET MGM took their odds today. Paolo all over again.

I don’t blame Carolina - once you meet Bryce, you forget his size. Once you watch him play, you forget his size.

We need to get our ducks in a row on Stroud or Anderson. If it’s not Stroud, you better have a plan with 1.12 (that doesn’t involve Will Levis).

• Like 1