2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't think the Texans aren't taking Bijan in the first round. The niners spend resources at RB because Kyle gets fixated on guys. 

I think Bobby and DeMeco are smart enough to know they can get production from a lot of RBs and that they need to build up the defense. You quite simply need great athletes on defense these days. The Texans need cornerstone, foundational defenders. Those guys get drafted in the first 2 rounds. 

Kyle passed on Watson and mahomes. He thought he was going to sign Kirk cousins the following year and would build the DL in the meantime. Well, Solomon Thomas busted and mahomes is basically the greatest QB in history. Even if Solomon Thomas was myles Garrett, it was a huge mistake to pass on Mahomes. DeMeco was there when that decision was made. 

#12 is still plenty high to get a cornerstone defensive player. Passing on QB this year is really having zero plan at QB. Eventually the idea is that the roster is too good to pick in the top 5. 

I think DeMeco will ultimately make the decision that he needs to swing for a top QB. If it doesn't work out then you just swing again. The reward warrants the risk and the opportunity cost of not getting a DE. 

DeMeco knows there is no defense for the perfect pass and I can't think of a QB prospect with better accuracy and ball placement than stroud. He is a very good scheme fit and I think he will have no trouble executing the offense. 

This was a great breakdown:

TLDR: my gut says DeMeco say Kyle Shanahan pass on Mahomes to go DL and will take a shot on a QB at #2

I think you misunderstood what I meant when I mentioned Bijan. He is absolutely a strong possibility if he gets to 12. Atlanta and Philly are the threats in front of them

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jch1911 said:

@LORK88 If you do know, can you share if there is any legit interest in Trey Lance?  Or have you heard anything in regards to Texans trying to acquire him?  Slowick would / should know a lot about him

Sadly, haven't gotten anything definitive on Lance. I've tried a few times too. It's a possibility, but no clue how likely it is. I'm also trying to figure out who the pick is at #12 if we go Anderson, lose out on the QBs, and stay at the pick. The answer I got was "BPA". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Sadly, haven't gotten anything definitive on Lance. I've tried a few times too. It's a possibility, but no clue how likely it is. I'm also trying to figure out who the pick is at #12 if we go Anderson, lose out on the QBs, and stay at the pick. The answer I got was "BPA". 

2. Will Anderson

12. Jalen Carter, JSN, Johnson/Jones or Witherspoon/Gonzalez

33. BPA

65, 73: Lance

3 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Thank you!

7d7b5fe5a57a6a10c23760c2ec93f883.jpg

9 hours ago, LORK88 said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant when I mentioned Bijan. He is absolutely a strong possibility if he gets to 12. Atlanta and Philly are the threats in front of them

No, I understand what you said. Your phrasing seems like you have some sort of source. I'll take that at face value and tell you that based on what I know of the offensive and defensive systems you run, the lack of blue chip talent on defense, and the fact this run scheme has been proven to get production out of mid tier RBs, that taking a RB at 12 is unlikely. Perhaps I am wrong, but I would be legitimately shocked if the Texans draft Bijan in the first. #33? Sure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

No, I understand what you said. Your phrasing seems like you have some sort of source. I'll take that at face value and tell you that based on what I know of the offensive and defensive systems you run, the lack of blue chip talent on defense, and the fact this run scheme has been proven to get production out of mid tier RBs, that taking a RB at 12 is unlikely. Perhaps I am wrong, but I would be legitimately shocked if the Texans draft Bijan in the first. #33? Sure. 

He does have a source that have proved to be accurate in the past. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

How would y’all feel about Anderson at 2 and then Trading up to 8-10 and taking Levis. 

If Richardson is there, I would feel some kind of way.... lol

Although speculation is that Texans are trying to convince  Clots to trade up from 4th to 2nd to get Levis.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

How would y’all feel about Anderson at 2 and then Trading up to 8-10 and taking Levis. 

I'd feel gross. It doesn't matter when you draft a bad QB, drafting a bad QB sets you back.

15 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

These mocks are all for clicks and ratings 

What about us who never liked Levis? You know, people who remember how bad of a QB he was when he played football before January?

It's a massive assumption to say NFL opinions had Levis ahead of anyone. He did nothing in 2022 to improve his stock and the questions about him are still unanswered.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ObotimusPrime said:

Would it be worth trading our 2nd round pick to get to move up to no. 1 overall?

Then look to trade the 12th pick to move back ( into the late first round) while also recouping a 2nd round that we lost?

I don’t like that we have to resort to it… but I think Bryce Young is worth it. (If that makes sense).