So who do you think wins the NFC East this season?

aceinthehouse

2022 Division winner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. So who wins the NFC East in 2022…?

• Dallas Cowboys= Last years Division Winner
    • Philadelphia Eagles= Playoff team last year
    • Washington Commanders= The beginning of a new era
    • New York Giants= Does the sleeping Giant awake?

If you're a betting man?

You have to consider there hasn't been a repeat division winner in 20 years. That's a scary pattern.

So if Dallas finds a timewarp & Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Jay Novecek, Moose Johnston, the O-line, the Defense & Jimmy Johnson walk through it?

You still don't put your money on Dallas winning the Division.

Playoff wildcard birth? Absolutely reasonable

-----------------------------------------------

So that leaves Philly, Washington & Giants.

Philly would be the most logical bet, since they made the Playoffs last season.

Washington has the new name, new QB, new uniforms magic to consider....(in times of history...teams that change their name or uniforms? They tend to have success that following yr.

It's happened as far back as I remember. The Year the Bengals went from "BENGALS" written on their helmet to the Tiger Stripes? They became a good football team.

Raiders change name from Oakland to LA Raiders? Playoffs, SB winner. They did it again last year as Las Vegas Raiders. It's a real thing...

Anyways, something to consider when putting Washington as your 4th place sucky team this year. Don't bet your house on that... 😁

Giants are due to be good again. I just imagine it will probably be, when Daniel Jones is no longer their QB . 

So if you break it down logically...

And we're betting real money on the Division winner.

I would put it on Philly or Washington being the Division winner.

But that's just me...

9 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If you're a betting man?

You have to consider there hasn't been a repeat division winner in 20 years. That's a scary pattern.

That should not be something you consider at all if you're a betting man. This is seriously known as the "Gambler's fallacy" lol

• Like 7

Don't like Dallas' chances. No significant injuries last year aside from some WR in and out of the lineup and a shuffling O-line. What happens if they lose Tyron Smith or Cee Dee for the season in camp? Or Dak misses extended time? No way to predict. Eagles or Dallas depends on who avoids the injury bug. I even like Wentz in DC, but I can't trust his health. Then you are back to those journeyman backups like Heineken. 

Also Dallas has a first place schedule so TB, LA, GB could be a multi game swing. Commanders benefit the most. Giants can't be taken seriously until  see something from their offense.

• Like 1

I think it’s going to be a classic head-to-head, down to the wire battle between Dallas and Phillie. And I can’t wait for all the locked threads to come. 

Dallas: 12-5

Phillie: 11-6

a late season showdown settles it. (Both in playoffs)

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Forge said:

That should not be something you consider at all if you're a betting man. This is seriously known as the "Gambler's fallacy" lol

Call it whatever you want, but its a fact.

The last team to win the division in back-to-back years was the Philadelphia Eagles in 03 / 04 when the Eagles won the division for the 3rd and 4th consecutive times and I don't see that changing this season either. Dallas could've done it in 20 / 21, but Dak going down with the ankle injury for the season and Washington ended up taking it. 

This division last year was closer than people think. If the Eagles were to play their starters in the final game at home instead of sitting everybody and playing 3rd to 4th stringers and a bunch of dudes we called up from the practice squad, then the records to finish the season last year would've been 11 wins for Dallas and 10 wins for the Eagles. Dallas struggled against teams with winning records for the most part. They were able to get a close win against a Chargers team last year... a team the Eagles probably should've beaten. It took them an overtime to beat the Patriots. They beat a Saints team that barely finished over .500 less convincingly than the Eagles did. People wanna talk about the Eagles record being deceiving when the Cowboys 12-5 record they had is just as deceiving if not more so.

The Cowboys last year were in their 2nd year with the same veteran HC and a veteran QB. A team in their 2nd year with a coach usually takes a step up. Eagles had a QB starting for his first season of his career. Yeah, he was thrown in the fire for some starts after Wentz was benched, but he wasn't really ready then. He just had to do it, cause of the circumstances with Wentz melting down. The Eagles also last year had a first time HC who was also a first time offensive play caller in Nick Sirianni and a first time defensive coordinator and play caller in Jonathan Gannon. They were finding their footing early in the season. Sirianni completely adjusted from throwing the ball a ton to start the year to being the most run heavy team in the league and the Eagles took off and didn't really look back till Tom Brady and Todd Bowles put us in our place in the playoffs. I think Gannon got somewhat better as the season went on as well, but I think he really couldn't run his defense like he wanted to last year, cause we didn't have near the talent necessary for it. He kept things super simple and played the safeties super deep since he couldn't trust them to not give up big plays. Doing that did help us limit big plays, but we instead gave up a ton of throws underneath with softer coverages despite our corners playing well. We still have the same issue at safety really as it stands, so I'm not gonna act like everything on defense has changed. But, we did upgrade that unit a decent bit. We brought in Kyzir White from the Chargers who had his best season of his career last year and is much better in coverage than Alex Singleton who was starting the majority of the year and was a sieve in coverage. We brought in Nakobe Dean one of the best LBs in this draft. We brought in Jordan Davis which will make our run defense go from tied for 5th in the league last year in YPC allowed to probably 1st in the NFL. Haason Reddick was brought in as the top FA signing to upgrade the pass rush and fit into the SAM backer role in our defense whose duty is to mainly rush the passer.  On offense we may have the best starting OL in the league and we might have the best depth in the league on the OL as well or close to it. We brought in AJ Brown to give Hurts a 2nd really good WR and a great compliment to DeVonta Smith who was impressive as a rookie. Even Quez Watkins showed strides from his rookie to 2nd year in 2021. Dallas Goedert is one of the very best TEs in football. Our run game despite not having a Jonathan Taylor or Derrick Henry ran for by far the most yards in the league. Jalen Hurts has got better every single year since his true freshman year at Bama. It has been incremental improvements year to year, but he has improved every season of his football career since he got to college all the way till last season. He's a super hard worker despite his flaws and I expect him to take another step up. A significant one? No clue. Also, Jalen Hurts hasn't been in the same offense since he played for his dad back in HS. Never in college or the pros has he been in the same offense for two consecutive years. This will be his first time doing such under Sirianni.

The Cowboys on the other hand obviously have the best QB in the division, but for the most part their team stayed the same or they got worse. They let go of La'el Collins who was a good RT. They let go of Amari Cooper who was their best route runner and who drew a lot of coverage away from Ceedee Lamb and Cedrick Wilson (who they also lost). They have Michael Gallup coming back, but he's returning off a serious injury. They lost Connor Williams and while he did commit a lot of penalties, so did their first round rookie who they have replacing him. Williams wasn't as bad as Cowboys fans make him out to be last year and I have my doubts a rookie guard is going to be a significant upgrade if he even is one. The Cowboys have a declining Zeke who is taking up carries that should rightfully have started going to Tony Pollard. But, Zeke does what he wants and if he wants to stay in the game he can make that decision basically on his own. The Cowboys lost Randy Gregory who despite the lack of sack numbers last year was a real good pass rusher for them. They drafted Sam Williams in the 2nd and brought in Dante Fowler and have Dorance Armstrong who was part of the rotation, but none of them might be as good as Gregory was last year as the starter. Micah Parsons might not be rushing off the EDGE as much this year either which is where he made a lot of his impact last year.

Could Dallas win the division? Sure. The streak of years without a consecutive division winner will be broken by some team eventually. It is just bound to happen, but the Eagles are gonna have a great shot to build on what they did last year and take the division right back from the Cowboys. This is Jason Kelce's last year with the Eagles who is the heartbeat of our team. I'd be surprised if the team isn't doing every single thing in their power to win the division and get back to the playoffs for him. 

I had confidence after the season before we went through the off-season process that the Eagles would have a good shot the following season to win the division and the way both teams off-seasons have gone has only reinforced that feeling.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Call it whatever you want, but its a fact.

Doesn't matter if it's a fact. If you're placing a bet, the results of 20 previous independent results should not factor into where you place your bet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Doesn't matter if it's a fact. If you're placing a bet, the results of 20 previous independent results should not factor into where you place your bet

I don’t bet on sports, but it seems crazy to think that what McNabb, Romo, Eli, and whoever Washington trotted out there did (not to mention tons of others who are no longer with these organizations) has anything to do with the upcoming season.

Edited by JohnChimpo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That’s cool and all, but it will always be a factor in the back of your mind if you are a fan of a NFCE team.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Good QB's the Eagles will play against:
Dak
Rodgers

Above average QB's the Eagles will play against:
Kyler
Tanny
Cousins

Good QB's the Cowboys play against:
Rodgers
Brady
Burrow

Above average QB's the Cowboys play against:
Stafford
Cousins
Tanny

Eagles should win the division, since both teams really struggle to beat other good teams outside of the division, and Dallas will play more of those teams. Dallas O worse on paper since the end of the season. Eagles O better on paper since end of the season. I don't think either defense takes a noticeable step back or forward.

If The Commies brought in a new staff I'd feel better about their chances, even with bi-polar Wentz, but I think Ron Rivera is basically Jeff Fisher at this point, and don't really expect them to improve under his watch.

The Giants should be one of the favorites to land CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.

Make no mistake though, whatever team wins this division will immediately lose it's 1st playoff game.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

@Jeezla I can get behind that logic. Dallas might be a bit better overall (Parsons is a beast) but they get the 1st place schedule.

Bucs, Rams, Bengals

The Eagles get the Saints, Cardinals, Steelers

They both luck out in avoiding the death trap of the AFC West and the very good AFC East and North.

They also both get the Bears, Vikings and Lions along with a tough Packers game. (Lions will make a jump but maybe a 7-10 jump)

I could see both in that 10-12 win range with DC and NY still rebuilding.