Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This team is backwards. Mann has one bad punt and they bring in someone. If he was only allowed to have one bad punt before bringing in competition then why not bring someone in during the summer to compete with him? I swear they’re always a step behind on everything. 

Yeah its not a great look.  Even worse was cutting Morstead, who was significantly better in Mann’s Absence. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This team is backwards. Mann has one bad punt and they bring in someone. If he was only allowed to have one bad punt before bringing in competition then why not bring someone in during the summer to compete with him? I swear they’re always a step behind on everything. 

Fortunately for Mann, they signed the one punter who is probably a downgrade to him so he should be safe. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And that was a pre-snap error by him or someone that cause the shank. He’s a decent punter and if he’s held to that standard then Flacco should be as well. 

• Like 1

LOL what a joke this team is. You have a ton of problems during week 1 and you call out the punter by signing Long. Mann is an average punter who also holds on FG. What the bleep is JD doing? I was a huge JD fan but now I'm starting to wonder about him. If this team gets blown out by the Browns you better do something big here. I'm also starting to turn on MIke LaFleur. He is suppose to be this big OC guy and he can't even put up a TD until a late junk one that no one cares about except gamblers. His game plan was SOOO bad last week. You have to run the ball 25 times and eat the clock. Make it REALLY low score so you have a chance. If a team can socre 17 points or more the Jets lose. When Flacco is in the most this team will score is 10-14 points. Not having Wilson in on 90% of the plays is a joke too. Hall and Carter are runniung well so lets have Flacco throw 59 times. LOL. 

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Is today the day we will get more news on who’s the starting qb this week? Or will it be a game time decision to not aid the Browns defensive game plan? 

Its Flacco.  I hope Saleh has the balls to make a move if he struggles again.  To be honest, it was not all Flacco's fault, the OL just sucked.  A more mobile QB could help, so if the line blows again, bring in White.  Strevler might be an even better option because of his running ability, but my guess is he does not know the playbook or have enough practice.

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

Its Flacco.  I hope Saleh has the balls to make a move if he struggles again.  To be honest, it was not all Flacco's fault, the OL just sucked.  A more mobile QB could help, so if the line blows again, bring in White.  Strevler might be an even better option because of his running ability, but my guess is he does not know the playbook or have enough practice.

The OL as a whole graded out middle of the pack for week 1. So while they weren't good, they weren't bad. Flacoo's inability to move and get rid of the ball showed more so than anything. They need to game plan for that. Get the ball out faster and run the ball affectively more. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The OL as a whole graded out middle of the pack for week 1. So while they weren't good, they weren't bad. Flacoo's inability to move and get rid of the ball showed more so than anything. They need to game plan for that. Get the ball out faster and run the ball affectively more. 

The OL looked like an OL that had to pass block 60+ times with a QB who averaged 5 YPA. 

• Like 3

I get the whole "Flacco being a statue" thing.  But if the OL is allowing a lot of pressure, even seasoned vets get jumpy.  We saw Flacco last year look better with better protection.  I am not defending Flacco's poor play, but too little is being made of the horrendous game by the OL, particularly our seasoned vets.  That is concerning regardless of who plays QB.  A more mobile QB may help but it ain't the cure.

And please don't hand me the grades crap.  I watched the game just like most of us did.  The OL was not good.  But if grades are looked at then here are a few PFF grades:  George Fant (56.0) and Max Mitchell (50.1) both saw at least a 50 in pass blocking.  Tomlinson had a pass-blocking grade of 39.5. His run-blocking grade was 36.8. That gives him an overall grade of 38.6.  These are piss poor by 3/5 of our starting OL.  All it takes is one weak link for the entire unit to look bad.  The video below is only one play, by Laken had 8 such plays.

For you Debbie downers…..

DJ Reed graded out as the best CB in the NFL last week. Sauce was 10th.

AVT graded out as the top run blocking IOL in the NFL.

Quinnen graded out as one of the top IDL as well.

Moore had a TD taken away and he’s had great games with Flacco at QB from last year. He didn’t get to play much with Wilson as a legit starter. Carter and Breece were affective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For you Debbie downers…..

DJ Reed graded out as the best CB in the NFL last week. Sauce was 10th.

AVT graded out as the top run blocking IOL in the NFL.

Quinnen graded out as one of the top IDL as well.

Moore had a TD taken away and he’s had great games with Flacco at QB from last year. He didn’t get to play much with Wilson as a legit starter. Carter and Breece were affective.

Am I the only one that thinks if Fuller doesn’t blow out his knee then the push doesn’t look bad and it’s a TD?

On 9/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Wrong. The meniscus trim is a 2-4 week injury. You forget that Wilson had 2 injuries, he also had a bone bruise which is a 4-8 week injury. 

The bone bruise is why he is kept out right now.  The doctors were not comfortable with him playing yet. I rather the Jets make sure Wilson is 100% before he gets put back on the field, he is too important. 

You can question the Jets on a lot of things, but they are doing right by Wilson on this one. 

Didn't forget anything..

The bone bruise was part of the initial diagnosis, so again, unless they misjudged the severity, which we were told they didn't.. it doesn't add up. 

4-8 weeks is the "generic" timeline. Andy Dalton missed 1 week with the same injury last season, A.J Brown missed 3 a few years ago. 2-4 weeks, the initial report, is entirely feasible for a bone bruise. This is what we were told from the Jets directly for weeks. 

More than anything, just look to how Saleh and Zach each handled the "updated" timeline. Saleh, specifically referencing getting him 100% mentally, and Zach, again confirming nothing has changed .. as if to say, not sure what's going on here.

• Like 1