Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

32 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

They need to show up vs the Bengals, that OL has looked suspect first 2 games. Maybe Carl Lawson breaks out vs his former team. 

100%. Through 2 weeks that has been the recipe to beat CIN. So if we cant make Burrow uncomfortable like PIT and DAL did. It will be a long day for our secondary.

• Like 1

I still feel as if we’re lacking an identity. Saleh has spoken about the team he wants us to be and I can see it in my head but we aren’t there yet. Still starting slow and against good teams that can score that’s a recipe for disaster. The story will be written in the trenches. Once both lines start to impose their will I think that’s when this team takes off to that contender level. 

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

This one will be extremely difficult if they can’t pressure Burrow but if they can and then offense plays well again they can win. Our CBs have been playing very well but Burrow will be hard to beat if he has time 

My concern is that a desperate team is coming into town and they've faced two stellar pass rush teams and we are going to be several notches below. I think Burrow gets back on track in this one but aside from questionable pass rush we do match up well. 

What I like is how we match up against their defense, the Bengals defense isn't as good as either of the two we've played so far. We might have to hang around in a shootout long enough to make an opportune play on defense or special teams like yesterday.

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I still feel as if we’re lacking an identity. Saleh has spoken about the team he wants us to be and I can see it in my head but we aren’t there yet. Still starting slow and against good teams that can score that’s a recipe for disaster. The story will be written in the trenches. Once both lines start to impose their will I think that’s when this team takes off to that contender level. 

I think someone talked about how they have the first 15 plays scripted and when we have the 3 and outs to start it's hard to get into a rhythm.  I think they even said GW didn't play much last game because they had the first few plays of each drive set then they ended up stalling.

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think someone talked about how they have the first 15 plays scripted and when we have the 3 and outs to start it's hard to get into a rhythm.  I think they even said GW didn't play much last game because they had the first few plays of each drive set then they ended up stalling.

Yeah the offense is usually scripted to begin games, I understand it but also hate it. 

8 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Reports are that Joe Flacco definitely will start week 3. The Jets won't start Wilson until he's 110%. 

The weird moving goal post thing with z-will is so strange.  First 2-4 weeks, then 100% mentality and physically, now whatever 110% is...

54 minutes ago, drew39k said:

The weird moving goal post thing with z-will is so strange.  First 2-4 weeks, then 100% mentality and physically, now whatever 110% is...

Saleh has been saying 110%. It's on the doctors, Saleh isn't really saying anything because he is starting to know if he says anything incorrect the NY media and fans use it against him so he just says hes not a doctor. Saleh was told by the medical staff that Pittsburgh would be the earliest he could potentially return, it's based on when the Doctors say he is good to go. He looks good to everyone but the Doctors still haven't cleared him to play, my guess is they are concerned about the bone bruise taking a hit. 

15 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I have a page for my business. Haven’t decided if I want a separate one for my gym yet, I may wait until the new year once I’m fully up and running and settled in. When I start hiring people it will be good to have to showcase everything. 

We're going to get Michael Clemons in your gym. 

I think this Bengals game will be similar to last year's game. We're fired up and the Bengals are mad. If we don't take advantage of their oline issues, I can see Chase & Boyd eating our defense alive. I was originally excited about Sauce vs Chase, but it may not be a fair matchup if Ulbrich put him out of position. 

I feel good about our offense against this defense. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I think this Bengals game will be similar to last year's game. We're fired up and the Bengals are mad. If we don't take advantage of their oline issues, I can see Chase & Boyd eating our defense alive. I was originally excited about Sauce vs Chase, but it may not be a fair matchup if Ulbrich put him out of position. 

I feel good about our offense against this defense. 

Will be a fun match up only if we play some straight up Man with them

• Like 2