2023 Draft Talk

swede700

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

1. Would Levis or Richardson be a good fit in Minnesota?

2. What is a realistic place that MN would need to trade up to?

1.  I think either would be a good fit because they both probably need to sit a little while before playing, Richardson even moreso than Levis.

2.  Trading in front of Tennessee (9 or 10), if either of them fall past Atlanta.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

1. Would Levis or Richardson be a good fit in Minnesota?

2. What is a realistic place that MN would need to trade up to?

If they are going to gamble on upside, Richardson is the guy, but either would be in an ideal situation to sit for a year. Trading up to 10 with Philly, who has 2 1sts already makes the most sense.

• Like 1

I’ll be curious to see what the cost of trades will be this year. I do believe that we’ll see one or two trades for teams moving up for a QB.

But the non-QB talent in this draft is very even. There aren’t a lot of great prospects, just a ton of good/solid prospects. And while I’m sure a lot of teams want to trade down, I don’t think they’ll find many partners willing to move up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

my prediction from reading the tea leaves

if Anthony Richardson is available at pick 8,

Vikings will trade

#23, #87, 2024 1st AND Dalvin Cook

for

#8 and #110 (which is 4.8)

Viking will select Anthony Richardson and will have 110, 119, 158, and 211 to add some depth pieces.

Edited by battle2heaven

6 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

The money isn't an issue after this year. They can have well over $100m in cap space available next year. Also, Cousins' contract is more valuable now than it has ever been in relation to what the rest of the league is paying: 12th highest AAV, 9th most guaranteed money. This is the first time he's had the same OC in back to back years since 2016 - I expect him to be even better than he was last year. No need to jump that high UNLESS the team is absolutely convinced that they've found a true 1A franchise solidifying QB.

Money isnt an “issue” right now. However, it very well could be once again if the brass decided/needed to give Cousins another 3 year contract next offseason. I don’t think they back themselves into those negotiations next offseason and they address the position now (this draft) for the future.