2023 Draft Talk

swede700

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Sitting here this morning, I’m probably in the 35/45/20 camp. 

35% chance they move up
45% chance they stay put
20% chance they move down

for me. i really dont see them standing pat at 23. and wayyyy too much smoke about moving up for a qb. i think they want impact this year; especially with how mediocre the overall draft class is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ll never understand the fear of trading within the division. If there isn’t a player on the board that you’re willing to add to your roster, why would you be worried about a division rival giving up extra assets to pick a player you’ve already deemed unworthy?

that, and we did win the division anyway.

and remind me again... what is Detroit's #1 pick last year up to lately?

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Sitting here this morning, I’m probably in the 35/45/20 camp. 

35% chance they move up
45% chance they stay put
20% chance they move down

I think it’s this:

5% chance of moving up

40% staying put

55% moving back

If the right ppl Ayer falls, I think we could move back. But, I heard yesterday that some teams only have around 15-20 players with 1st round grades. So it will be interesting and fun….

10 hours ago, Boda said:

If Kirk adds a Superbowl I think with his numbers that he might be a borderline HOF player.

He's never going to be a borderline HOF.  You have to basically throw a lot of stat accumulation out the window, because any good QB in this day and age is going to have accumulated a huge stat number by the time his career is over.  But, that doesn't make him even a borderline HoFer. 

Has he ever been considered one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL at any time in his career?  No.  PFR compares him to Tony Romo and Steve McNair (and several seasons of Brian Sipe).  Are they HoF level?  No.    

You know who I think Kirk Cousins is the modern-day equivalent of?  Boomer Esiason.  A very good QB who had an above-average career, not a borderline HoF one.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

for me. i really dont see them standing pat at 23. and wayyyy too much smoke about moving up for a qb. i think they want impact this year; especially with how mediocre the overall draft class is.

Who’s moving up to 23?

I could certainly see the Vikings wanting to move down from 23, but I just don’t see any teams all that interested in moving up, especially after the top 15. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

How much does it really cost to move up to the 10-13 range if one of the QBs falls?

Last year the Vikings traded down from 10 to 30 and only got a ham sandwich in return. Moving up 13 picks can't be that much right? 

Next year’s 1st and another top 100 pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Who’s moving up to 23?

I could certainly see the Vikings wanting to move down from 23, but I just don’t see any teams all that interested in moving up, especially after the top 15. 

I definitely don't see it unless there's a player that a team lower really covets that's still on the board, maybe one of the TEs.  That happens.