2023 Draft Talk

swede700

21 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

This draft is actually deep at CB, DI, Edge, LB and WR. Those also happen to be all of our biggest needs. I don’t know about y’all but I would truly hate it if we don’t draft a defensive player in the first round, when we had one of the worst defenses last year and haven’t don’t much in free agency to fix it. 

The draft is deep at CB, but the guys you can find in the mid-rounds aren't that much worse than those that will likely be taken in the 1st.  Same with the WRs. The defensive lines aren't deep at all, especially the DI...it's why I've been pushing for defensive line in the 1st rd, if not QB.  CB and WR can wait.  They aren't going to take a LB in the first, and I'd be surprised if any even get selected in the first.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

My extremely bold prediction:

Vikings will trade out of round 1 AND their 1st selection will be one of Jack Campbell/Drew Sanders.

I wouldn’t mind that.  I think I like Drew Sanders more than Jack Campbell though.  Sanders is still a little raw and new to playing ILB, but I’m worried about Campbell getting exposed in man coverage.

My prediction is we’ll trade back a few spots to get an extra day 2 pick and then draft the best available CB. Which will probably be Emmanuel Forbes, Deonte Banks, Cam Smith or Kelee Ringo. I’d be happy with either one of those guys. 

Edited by Purplepride323

11 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

These are the guys that I want with our first pick.

CB Joey Porter Jr

CB Devon Witherspoon

CB Christian Gonzalez

CB Cam Smith

WR Jordan Addison

WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba

DT Bryan Bresee

S Brian Branch

CB Deonte Banks

WR Zay Flowers

Give me 

QB - Anthony Richardson

RB - Bijan Robinson

WR - JSN

CB - Christian Gonzalez

CB - Joey Porter Jr

CB - Kelee Ringo

DT - Calijah Kancey

DL - Lukas Van Ness

Edge - Nolan Smith

16 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

My extremely bold prediction:

Vikings will trade out of round 1 AND their 1st selection will be one of Jack Campbell/Drew Sanders.

Not sure that is bold but I would not mind that at all, Jack Campbell is a total stud and a potential star LB at his size and athletic ability, rare athlete no question.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boda said:

Give me 

QB - Anthony Richardson

RB - Bijan Robinson

WR - JSN

CB - Christian Gonzalez

CB - Joey Porter Jr

CB - Kelee Ringo

DT - Calijah Kancey

DL - Lukas Van Ness

Edge - Nolan Smith

Only one they could get is Kancey and Ringo, the others are not even really an option honestly unless someone really falls.  Not sure Kancey is a great fit in a 3/4 honestly, especially with them already adding Lowry and Davenport who I feel should play 3/4 DE.  Ringo is not a slot corner so not sure I would want him and not sure he is better than Banks or even Phillips for that matter.  Was hyped up on Georgia but also got beat a decent amount on Georgia as well.

The only guys I'm really interested in for the first round for the Vikings:

QB: Anthony Richardson, Will Levis

DT: Calijah Kancey, Bryan Bresee

Edge: Nolan Smith, Adetomiwa Adebawore, Lukas Van Ness

CB: Joey Porter, Jr

CBs like Witherspoon or Gonzalez aren't going to be available at the Vikings pick, and they aren't trading up for a CB. I also have no interest in drafting a WR in the first round at all.  None of them really are 1st-rd worthy, outside potentially of JSN...and I'm not even that interested in him even if available.  If none of the players are available at the Vikings pick, I'm definitely trading down or even out of the 1st round.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Only one they could get is Kancey and Ringo, the others are not even really an option honestly unless someone really falls.  Not sure Kancey is a great fit in a 3/4 honestly, especially with them already adding Lowry and Davenport who I feel should play 3/4 DE.  Ringo is not a slot corner so not sure I would want him and not sure he is better than Banks or even Phillips for that matter.  Was hyped up on Georgia but also got beat a decent amount on Georgia as well.

I didn't base my picks on anything other than what I seen so the hype doesn't matter.  I want Ringo outside, Absolutely love his speed and physicality, his size also helps.  You could be right about Kancey but I still like him.  I also think theres a chance Bijan falls.  I don't expect either CB(Gonzalez or Porter) to make it to 23 but the person I quoted listed them so I didn't want to make it seem like I didn't/wouldnt want them.

But every year players drop for whatever reason and I expect this year to be no different.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Not sure that is bold but I would not mind that at all, Jack Campbell is a total stud and a potential star LB at his size and athletic ability, rare athlete no question.

Bold in the sense that not a lot of discussion here has centered around the LB position being our first pick.

1 hour ago, Purplepride323 said:

It wouldn’t make sense to draft an inaccurate QB who is not NFL ready, when we have so many other positions of need. I know for sure that Justin Jefferson will hate to have a QB who is inaccurate. So if for some odd reason, we do draft Anthony Richardson, we can say goodbye to the best WR in football. However I believe Kwesi and O’Connell are smarter than that and I think these are just smoke screens before the draft. 

Justin Jefferson is the type of receiver who makes inaccurate Quarterbacks accurate.

And as far as not being NFL ready, the Vikings have Kirk Cousins for another season. So he doesn't have to be NFL ready this year. 

I'm not a fan of taking Richardson if we have to trade up. But if we do, I'll give him and the decision makers the benefit of the doubt until he shows otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Bold in the sense that not a lot of discussion here has centered around the LB position being our first pick.

I talked about it before and people hated the idea but honestly Jack Campbell is well worth a 1st round pick and if they trade back into the 2nd and get him even better.  Sanders I like athletically but Campbell is just as athletic arguably and is a bit bigger and more proven as a true ILB.  I am not sold on Asamoah just yet so I would be all for that move, even though WR and CB are huge needs as well.

• Like 2