2023 Draft Talk

swede700

22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Who’s moving up to 23?

I could certainly see the Vikings wanting to move down from 23, but I just don’t see any teams all that interested in moving up, especially after the top 15. 

Saints

Chiefs for a wr

or even going into the 2nd and getting 2024 draft capital.

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He's never going to be a borderline HOF.  You have to basically throw a lot of stat accumulation out the window, because any good QB in this day and age is going to have accumulated a huge stat number by the time his career is over.  But, that doesn't make him even a borderline HoFer. 

Has he ever been considered one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL at any time in his career?  No.  PFR compares him to Tony Romo and Steve McNair (and several seasons of Brian Sipe).  Are they HoF level?  No.    

You know who I think Kirk Cousins is the modern-day equivalent of?  Boomer Esiason.  A very good QB who had an above-average career, not a borderline HoF one.   

Tony Romo is absolutely a HOF QB if he won a SB so we're definitely in disagreement here.  There is more than just his passing numbers such as his turnover ratio the last time he didn't have more than atleast a 2:1 TD/Turnover ratio is in 2014, a lot of them years he's atleast a 3:1 ratio.  As I said this whole media driven Kirk isn't a top QB yet has performed like one is completely garbage and unfounded, absolutely ZERO text behind any of it.

Edited by Boda

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

bUt MaLiK WiLliS wAS a fIRsT RoUNd TaLEnT!!1

I mean... talent? yes. Was he in a situation that would help him develop and realize his potential? absolutely not.

Edited by JDBrocks

5 minutes ago, Boda said:

Tony Romo is absolutely a HOF QB if he won a SB so we're definitely in disagreement here.  There is more than just his passing numbers such as his turnover ratio the last time he didn't have more than atleast a 2:1 TD/Turnover ratio is in 2014, a lot of them years he's atleast a 3:1 ratio.  As I said this whole media driven Kirk isn't a top QB yet has performed like one is completely garbage and unfounded, absolutely ZERO text behind any of it.

Tony Romo isn't even close to a HoF QB, even with a title.  Are you Jerry Jones?  😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Tony Romo isn't even close to a HoF QB, even with a title.  Are you Jerry Jones?  😉

Youre crazy if you think that. I suppose you feel that way about Phililp Rivers as well 😄

Romo & Cousins both get this knock for not being able to win the big one, well if KC won it all what is the knock against him? How would he not be a HOF QB?

Edited by Boda

Youre crazy if you think that. I suppose you feel that way about Phililp Rivers as well 😄

Romo & Cousins both get this knock for not being able to win the big one, well if KC won it all what is the knock against him? How would he not be a HOF QB?

I do consider Philip Rivers a borderline HoF, although I do believe he's going to have a tough time because of the playoff difficulties.  Rivers was far and away a better QB than either Romo or Cousins ever were or have been.  It's not even close.  

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, Boda said:

It's because of the peripheral stuff. Never been close to a top 5 QB, never been an MVP, no All Pros... That kind of stuff matters in the HoF voting.

Just now, swede700 said:

I do consider Philip Rivers a borderline HoF, although I do believe he's going to have a tough time.  Rivers was far and away a better QB than either Romo or Cousins. 

How? Also let us not forget the talent around Rivers his whole career.  KC is a better QB than Stafford who is considered almost a HOF lock from what Ive been reading and seeing.  That SB helped his case.  What legitimate argument is there that KC isn't a HOF QB if he wins a SB?

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

It's because of the peripheral stuff. Never been close to a top 5 QB, never been an MVP, no All Pros... That kind of stuff matters in the HoF voting.

Never been close? Explain please & when you do please use actual facts and not opinion or media based stuff

Edit: Im using the assumption that he wins a SB as I originally stated.  The All Pro stuff is factual, im not sure but could be wrong about the MVP not being there but I just don't think thatd matter if he won a SB, I think the whole narrative about him changes, his biggest knock is he can't win the big one or when it matters. If he did win one what is the knock?

Edited by Boda

Last reports about Kyler Murray’s rehab indicated that he won’t be ready for the start of the 2023 season. I’m starting to wonder if Arizona couldn’t be getting ready to load up on 2024 draft capital. 

What if Arizona trades the 3rd pick to Tennessee to jump ahead of the Colts for their QB. Then double down and trade 11 to Minnesota for a QB ahead of Houston?

How? Also let us not forget the talent around Rivers his whole career.  KC is a better QB than Stafford who is considered almost a HOF lock from what Ive been reading and seeing.  That SB helped his case.  What legitimate argument is there that KC isn't a HOF QB if he wins a SB?

Using the HoF monitor from PFR, as one example:

Philip Rivers - 98.06 (14th among QBs)

Tony Romo - 45.78 (57th among QBs)

Kirk Cousins - 43.54 (63rd among QBs)

What legitimate argument is there?  Phil Simms won a Super Bowl and has a higher monitor rating than Kirk and he never sniffed the HoF.  Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl and has a higher monitor rating than Kirk and will never sniff the HoF. 

Sorry, I'll get back to the topic at hand now.

Edited by swede700