2023 Draft Talk

swede700

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

back to Will Levis...

anyone have a problem with his... well, his... entitled... background? from a wealthy east coast family, a lot of Yale grads, educated in finance, his girlfriend has a "career" as a TikTok influencer and likes to post pics of how cute she is....

how well is that going to mesh with athletes who struggled in poverty, growing up...?

No. Not even a little

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

back to Will Levis...

anyone have a problem with his... well, his... entitled... background? from a wealthy east coast family, a lot of Yale grads, educated in finance, his girlfriend has a "career" as a TikTok influencer and likes to post pics of how cute she is....

how well is that going to mesh with athletes who struggled in poverty, growing up...?

So we need a QB from a family that didn’t go to college and grew up poor. 

Bryce Young also came from money, parents moved him to Santa Ana and his dad owns his own Consulting Firm and gives motivational speeches. 

Bryce Young graduated from Mater Dei which is a private catholic college. 

Patrick Mahomes came from more money than probably both. His Girlfriend and brother are probably the two biggest tik tok starts a couple years ago. 

I really think at the end of the day, how you play will make a difference. People bond with all sorts of different people. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

So we need a QB from a family that didn’t go to college and grew up poor. 

no, that is not my point and please don't insinuate it is.

my question is whether his upper class mindset will blend with others on the team, who may have come a very different background and set of values.

i'm not saying that cannot blend, or won't, only questioning whether they will. and i'm throwing that question out to our membership.

Zac Wilson did not blend well either, so it's a point that is viable to consider.

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i don't have a problem with it either, i'm just wondering if it creates some distance between him and his teammates and coaches. ala Zac Wilson.

It seems like some guys who maybe aren't real keen on people of different cultures and ethnicities play just fine......that's the nicest way I can describe some of them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

no, that is not my point and please don't insinuate it is.

my question is whether his upper class mindset will blend with others on the team, who may have come a very different background and set of values.

i'm not saying that cannot blend, or won't, only questioning whether they will. and i'm throwing that question out to our membership.

Zac Wilson did not blend well either, so it's a point that is viable to consider.

And Andrew Luck did work. He came from Stanford. His Family came from money. Some people blend well with others. 

people from the same level and backgrounds don’t always blend well. 

like @SemperFeistsaid, how they come in and prepare themselves will be how they are judged with the team

• Like 1