Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

Lots of talk around Titan circles that Burks isn’t even going to start. It’ll be Woods, Westbrook, and Kyle Philips. 

I can effectively say I have zero shares of Treylon Burks in 70+ drafts, and I have a ton of Robert Woods. He is the only first round WR I have avoided like the plague. Just did not like him at all in the draft. 

Please help..

because I can see this actually happening for real. I just did a mock (pick 3 overall). Taylor and CMC go. I picked Jefferson. Then all the RBs went.

round 2 and 3, the best available back was Damien Harris! So I went Tyreek and Deebo who were both there at the turn. Managed to get Harris still in 4th. Came back with Waller in 5th.

so what do you do if a similar scenario happens? Say you draft a WR in round 1, then come round 2, all the top RBs are gone. Do u reach for the next tier of RB, or do you double down and select BPA (probably a WR)?

this was .5 ppr, 12 team, standard. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Please help..

because I can see this actually happening for real. I just did a mock (pick 3 overall). Taylor and CMC go. I picked Jefferson. Then all the RBs went.

round 2 and 3, the best available back was Damien Harris! So I went Tyreek and Deebo who were both there at the turn. Managed to get Harris still in 4th. Came back with Waller in 5th.

so what do you do if a similar scenario happens? Say you draft a WR in round 1, then come round 2, all the top RBs are gone. Do u reach for the next tier of RB, or do you double down and select BPA (probably a WR)?

this was .5 ppr, 12 team, standard. 

I probably wouldn't take a WR at 3rd overall but in that scenario you took a WR in a BPA strategy, dont panic and reach in R2, stick with your strategy and lean into it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I probably wouldn't take a WR at 3rd overall but in that scenario you took a WR in a BPA strategy, dont panic and reach in R2, stick with your strategy and lean into it

Yeah, it was a similar situation to what I was encountering practicing for picking on the opposite turn (10/12), if you wanted to feel uber comfortable in your RB camp you pretty much needed to go RB with 2 of your first 3 picks, and you really, really needed to swing for floor over ceiling in the 1st round.

1st round RB's bust (final performance relative to pick invested) more often than 1st round WR's, but part and parcel to that is that more people invest First 2 round picks into RB's than any other position.

Like you said, lean into the strategy at that point.  Especially in PPR formats you can make up for scarcity at spots on your roster by having ultra-strong columns at others.  Workhorses are still pretty rare in modern NFL, so you're still able to cobble together startable RB's in a PPR scoring format from COP backs and guys stepping into injury-fills, they just may not give you the TD upside.  But if you're getting that TD upside from your receiving corps, you're still getting the points.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jefferson at 3 was the correct move. All signs point to a Kupp like season from him. 

Which RB should go before Jefferson? Henry is 28 and only casual players would draft him Top 4 in a non-standard league. Cook is overrated and always misses time. Eckler is due for massive TD regression if we look at history. You can argue Najee, but 3 is really rich for Najee. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jefferson at 3 was the correct move. All signs point to a Kupp like season from him. 

Which RB should go before Jefferson? Henry is 28 and only casual players would draft him Top 4 in a non-standard league. Cook is overrated and always misses time. Eckler is due for massive TD regression if we look at history. You can argue Najee, but 3 is really rich for Najee. 

Devils advocate here but if Ekeler goes from 20 to 12 TDs is he not worth that pick?

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Honestly, I am stumped this year. I do not want picks 2, 3 or 4. No idea what to do. I’d love a later pick this time and let the board shape up for me beforehand 

13 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, it was a similar situation to what I was encountering practicing for picking on the opposite turn (10/12), if you wanted to feel uber comfortable in your RB camp you pretty much needed to go RB with 2 of your first 3 picks, and you really, really needed to swing for floor over ceiling in the 1st round.

1st round RB's bust (final performance relative to pick invested) more often than 1st round WR's, but part and parcel to that is that more people invest First 2 round picks into RB's than any other position.

Like you said, lean into the strategy at that point.  Especially in PPR formats you can make up for scarcity at spots on your roster by having ultra-strong columns at others.  Workhorses are still pretty rare in modern NFL, so you're still able to cobble together startable RB's in a PPR scoring format from COP backs and guys stepping into injury-fills, they just may not give you the TD upside.  But if you're getting that TD upside from your receiving corps, you're still getting the points.

With regards to your final paragraph, I think I know what you mean, but can you give an example team that illustrates this please?