Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

A mock I did for fun out of the 1.09 spot...

QB: Jalen Hurts

RB: Ezekiel Elliott | Breece Hall | Rhamondre Stevenson | AJ Dillon | Darrell Henderson 

WR: Davante Adams | Hollywood Brown | DeVonta Smith | Robert Woods | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Russell Gage

TE: Mark Andrews

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Hayden Hurst, Cincy - Replaces CJ U as their starter and should get red zone looks. 

• Gerald Everrett, Chargers - Should be the TE1 in one of the leagues best passing attacks/highest scoring offenses.

• Cole Kmet, Bears - Showed chemistry with Fields late in the year and is one of their only passing options.

• Tyler Higbee, Rams - Another TE that will be in one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

• Robert Tonyan, Packers - Should see a way higher volume of red zone targets with Adams gone.

• Greg Dulcich, Broncos - I think he eventually beats Albert O out as the starter. Wouldn't draft him but he's a name to keep on the radar for your waiver wire.

I didn't realize that Kmet had a very solid year last year. 60/612 no TDs but that number won't be zero with Graham out of town now.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, NYRaider said:

• Hayden Hurst, Cincy - Replaces CJ U as their starter and should get red zone looks. 

• Gerald Everrett, Chargers - Should be the TE1 in one of the leagues best passing attacks/highest scoring offenses.

• Cole Kmet, Bears - Showed chemistry with Fields late in the year and is one of their only passing options.

• Tyler Higbee, Rams - Another TE that will be in one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

• Robert Tonyan, Packers - Should see a way higher volume of red zone targets with Adams gone.

• Greg Dulcich, Broncos - I think he eventually beats Albert O out as the starter. Wouldn't draft him but he's a name to keep on the radar for your waiver wire.

Don't draft Higbee.  He's coming off tearing his ACL in his playoffs, and even if you have an IR spot (where I've always recommended if your league has one that you use one of your last 2 picks on someone IR eligible as a stash because you can just designate them and pick up a lottery ticket off the WW for the first couple weeks), TE and more specifically Higbee's output at TE isn't moving the needle enough to merit eating up your IR spot early on (I'd legitimately sooner draft and IR-stash OBJ there).

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 6:29 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I didn't realize that Kmet had a very solid year last year. 60/612 no TDs but that number won't be zero with Graham out of town now.

My biggest question on Kmet is how much of that stat-bump came at the expense of Allen Robinson having absolute statistical dearth last season.  And with Robinson no longer on the roster and the receiving corps beyond Mooney being Dazz Newsome, Velus Jones, and the former also-rans of other successful passing attacks (where they still weren't the standouts in those passing attacks) like Pringle, St. Brown, Tajae Sharpe, and David Moore... there's strong potential in my mind for statistical regression to the mean.  Monty and Mooney are the only parts of that offense I really have much interest in owning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Don't draft Higbee.  He's coming off tearing his ACL in his playoffs, and even if you have an IR spot (where I've always recommended if your league has one that you use one of your last 2 picks on someone IR eligible as a stash because you can just designate them and pick up a lottery ticket off the WW for the first couple weeks), TE and more specifically Higbee's output at TE isn't moving the needle enough to merit eating up your IR spot early on (I'd legitimately sooner draft and IR-stash OBJ there).

I didn't realize that he was coming off of a torn ACL.

I was super excited about Javonte Williams this year but the Broncos bringing Melvin Gordon back hurts his stock a ton, imo.

ETA: I'm not really a huge fan of very many RBs in general now that I think about it. 

Guys that I do like though are AJ Dillon, Rhamodre Stevenson, Tony Pollard, and Travis Etienne.

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I love Courtland Sutton and Hollywood Brown in round 5/6.

Sutton has been going mid 4th - late 4th in most drafts I’ve been in lately. He was a Mid 5th guy. Might even be a early 4th before the season starts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sutton has been going mid 4th - late 4th in most drafts I’ve been in lately. He was a Mid 5th guy. Might even be a early 4th before the season starts. 

He seems to be rising up boards but I've seen him ranked as high as WR21 and as low as WR35. 

On 6/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, Dr LBC said:

My biggest question on Kmet is how much of that stat-bump came at the expense of Allen Robinson having absolute statistical dearth last season.  And with Robinson no longer on the roster and the receiving corps beyond Mooney being Dazz Newsome, Velus Jones, and the former also-rans of other successful passing attacks (where they still weren't the standouts in those passing attacks) like Pringle, St. Brown, Tajae Sharpe, and David Moore... there's strong potential in my mind for statistical regression to the mean.  Monty and Mooney are the only parts of that offense I really have much interest in owning.

Even when Robinson played it was pretty clear that Fields loved throwing the ball to Kmet and Mooney. With Graham no longer in the picture I think Kmet will get more red zone targets as well. 

Picking out of the 1.12 slot I ended up with...

QB: Trey Lance

RB: Antonio Gibson | James Conner | Tony Pollard | Alexander Mattison | Darrel Williams

WR: Davante Adams | Deebo Samuel | Hollywood Brown | Mike Williams | Robert Woods | Jarvis Landry

TE: Zach Ertz

K: Jake Elliott 

DST: Cowboys

Ok so I just started working on rankings/projections and in Non-PPR.

Do you really want a high pick unless its 1? The drop off from my JT projections and whoever I have at #2 is so wide and with it being Non-PPR, I cant imagine wanting to take a WR in the 2-5 spot

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832