The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

His situation is for way smarter and connected people than us to decide on. You have to go deep into this kids background and be comfortable that he's not going to be a problem going forward.

I think Seattle or Detroit will take him personally. If he's at 7, it would be gut check time. I would hate to be the GM in that spot. 

Agreed, that is an absolute nightmare situation for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

The few things that I saw, Richardson played very very well, but his WR's just sucked. Again, they were probably cherry picked game tape videos, but they were really good examples of Richardson making spot on throws but the WR's just couldn't handle it. 

And yea, they had the same WR's last year as this year for the most part. Matter of fact, last year Florida didn't have 1 WR drafted, and this year their only WR eligible is projected to be undrafted. I'm not saying Richardson couldn't be better, but I am saying that you don't have to look very far or hard to see there are more reasons to his completion percentage stat than just him. 

There's also plenty of examples that show the exact opposite. Wide open WRs where he was so far off that no one even had a chance to grab it. 

Football is a team sport, yes, and I've never said it's all on him but he does bear the brunt of the blame from the number of times I've watched him. Even his throws at the combine were off the mark at times and this is with no rush and gym shorts. Something literally designed to make a prospect look great. Everyone loves an athlete, I just prefer a QB. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Again… what QB prospect did we want to pass on to keep Carr?

I wanted to pass on Jordan Love to keep Carr but I'm not a "Carr stans" no matter what that troll wants to think so I'm not the best to answer this lol. 

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wanted to pass on Jordan Love to keep Carr but I'm not a "Carr stans" no matter what that troll wants to think so I'm not the best to answer this lol. 

Lol… yeah passing on Love wasn’t about backing Carr… it was because Love wasn’t going to be ready for a few years and just wasn’t so good that he was going to be an improvement on Carr.

I just like how it’s made out to be that we were all demanding we pass on Aaron Rodgers, etc to keep Carr.  People have interesting memories of the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lol… yeah passing on Love wasn’t about backing Carr… it was because Love wasn’t going to be ready for a few years and just wasn’t so good that he was going to be an improvement on Carr.

I just like how it’s made out to be that we were all demanding we pass on Aaron Rodgers, etc to keep Carr.  People have interesting memories of the past.

Yeah, no one ever said that and if they did, it wasn't bc of talent but instead of what it would cost to obtain him. Those weirdos love to make up stuff to fit what they want to be true so they'll defend it to death even though it likely never happened

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, no one ever said that and if they did, it wasn't bc of talent but instead of what it would cost to obtain him. Those weirdos love to make up stuff to fit what they want to be true so they'll defend it to death even though it likely never happened

110% well said 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I wonder what the odds of Bryce Young being there at 3 are. Kind of feel like the Texans are a wild card at 2. They could literally go in any direction. 

I feel like it's almost 100% they take Young at #2.