The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I love this time of the year. 

Texans really gonna pass on CJ. We gonna see how the Raiders really feel about dude. 

If Texans pass on CJ Stroud, Raiders or Titans are trading to #3 probably.

Man.. once we get past Pick #1 and Panthers selecting Bryce Young, the draft is gonna be craazzzyyyy. 

Chris Simms Final Mock has Stroud falling to 8 to the Falcons... with us taking Paris Johnson ahead of both Stroud and Richardson (Richardson goes 12 to the Texans). I can't think of a worse possible draft outcome than that... other than TRADING UP and drafting Will Levis. Like not just Levis at 7... but trading up for him *puke*. 

THREE worst possible draft day outcomes:

1) Trading up for Will Levis. I'd hate Levis at 7... I don't want the guy at all. Even worse, can you imagine a trade up for him? I'd be disgusted. 

2) Picking Paris Johnson with BOTH CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson still on the board!

3) Picking Skoronski at 7 without a trade down

• Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

Could this be a masterclass smoke screen performance by Ziegler to get Stroud at 7? Dont want the league to know you want QB to avoid someone trading ahead of you. 

I'll **** an absolute brick if we get Stroud at 7.  👀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

My thinking is the owner stepped in with his choice 

Oof. That'd be a rough start for Reich. 

I really want to see what he can accomplish without a QB past their prime or that's a massive project. Like, I feel like he's one of those coaches that just keeps getting sandbagged by QB issues. 

For Levis, though, if he's indeed the pick, so long as Tepper is patient, he couldn't ask for a better situation to walk into. 

Relatively lax division, Andy Dalton seems like a solid mentor, McCown and Reich both strike me as very good coaches for a young QB, and while Carolina's overall talent level isn't overly impressive yet, they don't appear to have many malcontents that screw with locker room chemistry. 

One of those good deals for the player, questionable moves for the team type of situations. 

41 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chris Simms Final Mock has Stroud falling to 8 to the Falcons... with us taking Paris Johnson ahead of both Stroud and Richardson (Richardson goes 12 to the Texans). I can't think of a worse possible draft outcome than that... other than TRADING UP and drafting Will Levis. Like not just Levis at 7... but trading up for him *puke*. 

THREE worst possible draft day outcomes:

1) Trading up for Will Levis. I'd hate Levis at 7... I don't want the guy at all. Even worse, can you imagine a trade up for him? I'd be disgusted. 

2) Picking Paris Johnson with BOTH CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson still on the board!

3) Picking Skoronski at 7 without a trade down

Paris Johnson or Skoronski at 7 at all would be soooo bad. 

• Like 2

I don't see the point in drafting Stroud. He looks good as a day 1 starter, but they have that in Jimmy G. He doesn't look like a QB who has elite talent that will really change the trajectory of the franchise. His ceiling feels average, mid tier QB to me. 

Defense and QB in 2024. 

• Like 1