The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

Jimmy also doesn’t stay healthy. I think Stroud is perfect for a quick release offense that relies on timing and accuracy which just happens to be what McDaniels offense is about. 

Easy to say next year QB when you’re not guaranteed to even pick in the top 10 next year. Williams and Maye are both great prospects but the drop from them to what would be after them is huge. The others are not starting NFL QBs. 

If you don’t have a QB of the future and you’re picking in the top 10 and you’re high on a QB you should be going after that QB. It’s why I think Seattle would be dumb to not pick a QB and bank of Geno having another good season same with the Raiders

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't see the point in drafting Stroud. He looks good as a day 1 starter, but they have that in Jimmy G. He doesn't look like a QB who has elite talent that will really change the trajectory of the franchise. His ceiling feels average, mid tier QB to me. 

Defense and QB in 2024. 

Because he'll look even better after sitting a year and learning Josh's system.  It makes sense if this is a long term build.  It also makes sense because Jimmy G stands for Jimmy Glass

Edited by Totty

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Cody Mauch is a guy I would love in round 2. Plug him at RG and don’t have to worry about that position for the next 8 years. 

Can he play RG after taking all his college snaps at LT? That being said if he is there at 100 or 109 he's a steal. Kind of like Parham was at 90. Round 2 a little to rich.

Edited by raidr4life

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Cody Mauch is a guy I would love in round 2. Plug him at RG and don’t have to worry about that position for the next 8 years. 

If we’re going with a G in the 2nd, I’d prefer Torrence or Avila.  However, I’d rather just grab another defender there.

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Until he puts up cle fer type production lol

Is this because they both played for Clemson?  Or are you inferring that Murphy lacks athleticism (despite the 9.71 RAS and being Feldman’s #3 on the Freaks List)?

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't see the point in drafting Stroud. He looks good as a day 1 starter, but they have that in Jimmy G. He doesn't look like a QB who has elite talent that will really change the trajectory of the franchise. His ceiling feels average, mid tier QB to me. 

Defense and QB in 2024. 

Mr Flip Flop