Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's fair, but I think I post my thoughts plenty... I probably need to slow my roll a little on how much I post, but when it comes to Gannon's scheme and the ins-and-outs I trust his knowledge and understanding much better than my own. I think its good to listen to people smarter than yourself about the game. Coaches go to coaching clinics all the time to learn from people who are experts in certain areas that they want to learn from. I know a lot of smart football pepole on Twitter who post coaching clinic videos they are learning from. I'm a very avid football fan and I know all the basics of what I'm seeing, but I can't act like my knowledge isn't pretty basic compared to people who played the game for a long time or used to work in a NFL front office.

I do tend to just scroll past a lot of those multiple tweet posts because they take a good chunk of time loading on my phone 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I do tend to just scroll past a lot of those multiple tweet posts because they take a good chunk of time loading on my phone 

Yeah. I'll try and limit them to less tweets per post. I wonder if its including them all in one post that slows things down or even if I separated them into 2 or 3 posts if it would do the same thing?

When I'm on my computer it takes hardly any time for the web page to load, but like when I posted all those tweets making fun of Carson Wentz for wearing that dumb letterman jacket I tried going back to the page after I posted and it was like the page almost crashed when I tried going to it.

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m sorry that other people’s excitement makes you angry because you choose to live in a joyless bubble.

We can trade you to the Jags forum if you’d rather stare into the hopeless abyss. 

I get it...but doesn't this forum make fun of WFT fans and Dallas fans when they show the same level of excitement about their team this time of year? They make the playoffs the year before, then get a big head and we make fun of them? Our forum kinda looks like Washington after 2020 playoff loss to Brady.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I get it...but doesn't this forum make fun of WFT fans and Dallas fans when they show the same level of excitement about their team this time of year?

Because we love to make fun of Dallas and Washington fans because they root for crappy garbage franchises 

Just now, Jeezla said:

I get it...but doesn't this forum make fun of WFT fans and Dallas fans when they show the same level of excitement about their team this time of year?

True, but I think the Eagles have more reason to be cautiously optimistic going into this season just based on the off-season. Most NFCE fanbases I've seen will admit to the Eagles having the best offseason, but obviously games aren't played on paper and we need to see growth from Hurts/Gannon which are question marks waiting to be answered.

Honestly when I went over to the Cowboys forum for the schedule release it seemed like most of them from the threads I clicked on had a pretty fair view of their team this year. They didn't seem all high and mighty. Now on social media its a different story. A lot of Cowboys fans away from FF still have that same arrogance.

Ace is easy to make fun of cause he's the biggest homer in the NFCE. Most Washington fans on here are pretty fair and balanced right now, but if they get a taste of success early (first 3 games against Jags, Lions and Eagles) in the season that could quickly change. 

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm curious. What do you think is the ceiling for this team? 11-6 and maybe a playoff win if we are lucky?

Ceiling is probably 13 wins with our schedule, if we stay healthy. Don't think that translates to a playoff run though. I'm very excited to see what Hurts looks like even though i doubt his ability. I won't deny there is a chance he ends up good. And IF he is good, then the Eagles will be good, regardless of the defense.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Just now, RBreezy said:

I'm just messing around. I have us slated for 10 wins and hopefully a first round playoff win. 

A 10 win season would be the minimum for my expectations.

If we don't reach 10 wins this season is probably a failure for me. We could've done that last year had we played the starters the last week of the season at home against Dallas.

I don't think 10 wins is really some great accomplishment with the extra added game. The NFC is weaker now, so 10 wins can still get you a 6th or 7th seed, but yeah.. I still don't think that means you are a good team.

If we win 11 or more I'll be happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

But we mostly make fun of them for having unrealistic expectations.

Eagles have made the playoffs 4 out of 5 years with a Superbowl win. They have been way more consistent in their success than the Cowboys, Commanders, and Giants. It's not crazy to say that Bradberry is a good signing or that the Eagles could make the playoffs again this year. Commanders fans having any faith that they will be consistently successful under Snyder are worthy of mockery because there is literally no track record of success while Snyder's been the owner. Cowboys fans should be optimistic about their playoff hopes because they have a QB. I have no problem with them being optimistic but I do have a problem when they clearly can't make an impartial assessment of the Eagles. I.E. last year when the Eagles were supposedly a bottom 3 team in the league despite having some of the best trench units in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

It's not crazy to say that Bradberry is a good signing

It is a good signing. I just don't believe #2 CB Win above replacement is going to factor that much into our season. 

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Ceiling is probably 13 wins with our schedule, if we stay healthy.

Agreed. That's probably the maximum ceiling. I predicted 12-5 in my inital schedule prediction which is kind of meaningless like I said in NFL Gen and I probably overshot it by a game just being on the optimistic side before we signed a CB2 like Bradberry. I think now that we got him that is more attainable. I hope we at least win 11 games like I mentioned above.

Don't think that translates to a playoff run though.

Yep. I think we could maybe win a playoff game, but get bounced in the divisional round most likely after that. It would probably depend which team we end up facing and how we match-up.

I'm very excited to see what Hurts looks like even though i doubt his ability. I won't deny there is a chance he ends up good. And IF he is good, then the Eagles will be good, regardless of the defense.

Again.... same page. I love Hurts intangibles as a leader and think he has the mentality to withstand pressure from the fans and media, but at the end of the day how he does as a passer will determine if he's here as the starter for just another year/rookie contract or if he gets extended which most Eagles fans probably doubt right now.

I think Howie has made good moves to take advantage of the rookie contract which we have in Hurts with Wentz's dead cap hit now off the books. I still don't think our roster is in the best cap situation currently (see Tweet above) and probably won't be for another 2 years, but I trust Howie to get creative and make moves around the margins.

I think the most ideal situation for us with our cap situation would be for Hurts to take a step and be a better passer this year and avoid having to use both our 1st rounders to move up for a QB. I don't envision us being able to get the top 2 with where I think the Saints and our pick will land and other teams with multiple first next year already some of which will need a QB and at least one team that needs one will land in the top 2. We'll probably have to settle for moving up for QB3 or QB4 in next years class. No idea how good the guys that end up in those spots will be. Luckily Hurts doesn't need to be extended for another 2 years when our cap situation should be a good amount healthier than it is right now.