Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

If you look at his post history, I don't think he's ever said anything remotely positive about the Eagles ever. If you're that negative/pessimistic about the team literally all the time, maybe you should question if you are actually a fan or not. 

Literally the first page of this thread:

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would've preferred a two year deal.

But this is huge for this team, we literally had no one at CB2 (and still no CB3). But this is a very good stop gap and relief for our pathetic safety situation. 

Thank goodness. 

I post "positive" things about the Eagles, when it is warranted. I'm just not a homer and I disagree a lot of the decisions they go for. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I need to talk to payroll then. I'm missing my checks.

Of course you can project Reddick. You can project Jordan Davis too. Accurately though? Time will tell. All I know is I trust Gannon's coordinating even less than Howie's drafting.

Don’t you see the hypocrisy in this though? If you can sit idly on the fence and say things like, time will tell and I’ll believe it when I see it, how can you be the guiding hand to “pull people from candy land”? People’s expectations and projections, based on feeling or fact, is just what it is. That’s the whole point to the forum. Let’s speculate together and discuss and debate. Homer or negadelphian. It’s all the same. Just what particular part of the spectrum you sit on. But the guy directly in the middle, not committing to any one side, can’t offer criticism to anothers position when they won’t stake their flag. 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Don’t you see the hypocrisy in this though? If you can sit idly on the fence and say things like, time will tell and I’ll believe it when I see it, how can you be the guiding hand to “pull people from candy land”? People’s expectations and projections, based on feeling or fact, is just what it is. That’s the whole point to the forum. Let’s speculate together and discuss and debate. Homer or negadelphian. It’s all the same. Just what particular part of the spectrum you sit on. But the guy directly in the middle, not committing to any one side, can’t offer criticism to anothers position when they won’t stake their flag. 

He's the only one qualified to criticize in that case.
If you have a fight with your wife, it's my job to stay neutral and criticize both parties.

I project players, not Defensive Coordinators. I can't project these guys because Gannon is too much of a wildcard. I don't know how often we'll be in 3/4 vs 4/3 vs nickel. I don't know how often he'll have Reddick drop into coverage. I don't know if we'll start sending more than 4 guys just 5 plays a game.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If you have a fight with your wife, it's my job to stay neutral and criticize both parties.

I project players, not Defensive Coordinators. I can't project these guys because Gannon is too much of a wildcard.

So was it the players who made Jim Johnson or Jim Johnson having the right players? Hard to install and scheme/concept if the players put in those positions are destined to fail miserably. 

Now before you say a good DC adapts to his personnel which I do agree with. If the personnel you have is 💩 to begin with it makes things difficult.  Especially Year 1 of a new DC's install.

I listed 6 players above. All 6 would of Started if healthy and a Eagle last season. So in essence 1/2 his defense. That in itself should speak volumes. Just saying.

Now if Gannon sucks with thus personnel,  I'll be the first to be calling for his head. Until then,  I'm choosing to stay optimistic rather then pessimistic. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So was it the players who made Jim Johnson or Jim Johnson having the right players? Hard to install and scheme/concept if the players put in those positions are destined to fail miserably. 

I don't know, but I knew what to expect with Jim scheme wise. We were going to play man coverage with a lot of blitzing and trying to disguise the LB's. And the pass rushers were almost never going to drop into coverage, outside of a couple "Wtf are you doing Jim?" moments with Trent Cole dropping into zone.
What's Gannon going to do this year? Hell if I know.

Edited by Jeezla

24 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Literally the first page of this thread:

I post "positive" things about the Eagles, when it is warranted. I'm just not a homer and I disagree a lot of the decisions they go for. 

That's the most positive thing I've ever seen you say on this forum about the Eagles. It's not being a homer to not talk ish on every move the Eagles make as if you know more than the professional front office members. You disagree with their moves and are wrong consistently. I don't think this move makes them a Superbowl contender and I don't even think the Eagles should be favored over the Cowboys. Definitely not a homer, I just don't pretend to know more than experts and I can recognize when the Eagles are making prudent moves to address positions of need. 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I don't know, but I knew what to expect with Jim scheme wise. We were going to play man coverage with a lot of blitzing and trying to disguise the LB's. What's Gannon going to do this year? Hell if I know.

Honest question. Isn't that kind of neat though? I mean seriously,  don't you think opposing OC's on the schedule are wondering the same thing? Have no clue what to expect?

We somehow won a SB with Jim "telegrapgh" my Defense Swartz. A defensive game plan OC and players new how to exploit after 2017. He never changed, never adapted continued to push square pegs into round holes.

Gannons Omeba Defense or whatever GD name they are calling it, "Should" have Offenses, OC's and QB's guessing and potentially confused? I for one am looking forward to seeing it unfold.

Maybe this is why Gannon was actually liked and considered as a potential HC in 2022.? His unusual unconventional vision? 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honest question. Isn't that kind of neat though? I mean seriously,  don't you think opposing OC's on the schedule are wondering the same thing? Have no clue what to expect?

We somehow won a SB with Jim "telegrapgh" my Defense Swartz. A defensive game plan OC and players new how to exploit after 2017. He never changed, never adapted continued to push square pegs into round holes.

Gannons Omeba Defense or whatever GD name they are calling it, "Should" have Offenses, OC's and QB's guessing and potentially confused? I for one am looking forward to seeing it unfold.

Maybe this is why Gannon was actually liked and considered as a potential HC in 2022.? His unusual unconventional vision? 🤷‍♂️

I don't think modern offenses really let defenses dictate what they are going to do. That OC has 3 plays in mind that he's sticking with regardless of the defensive formation and picking the one he thinks will get the best results.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I project players, not Defensive Coordinators. I can't project these guys because Gannon is too much of a wildcard. I don't know how often we'll be in 3/4 vs 4/3 vs nickel. I don't know how often he'll have Reddick drop into coverage. I don't know if we'll start sending more than 4 guys just 5 plays a game.

There’s only one position guaranteed to be wrong. The middle. It’s either going to happen or not. Success or failure. What I’m saying is, what rift do you have when posters express their educated opinion on what’s going to happen? You’re not offering anything other than “yea, well…we’ll see. Time will tell”. Well….right. But that’s fence sitting. You cant argue from that position. Why even bother saying anything? Your stance is, “I won’t know until I see it.” That’s not a position. It’s a cop out. Just let these guys have their opinion. 

Just now, Folesadelphia said:

That's the most positive thing I've ever seen you say on this forum about the Eagles. It's not being a homer to not talk ish on every move the Eagles make as if you know more than the professional front office members. You disagree with their moves and are wrong consistently. I don't think this move makes them a Superbowl contender and I don't even think the Eagles should be favored over the Cowboys. Definitely not a homer, I just don't pretend to know more than experts and I can recognize when the Eagles are making prudent moves to address positions of need. 

I have been wrong and have been right. Let's not act like the FO has a pristine track record like they are right consistenly. They have more than their fair share of blunders to be above criticism. You give them too much credit as if something has been proven yet. I don't even dislike this signing, I think it was the best given how the offseason played out. 

When they make good moves I recognize it, when they prioritize 3rd/4th string DL/OL over starters at the back 7 I will rightfully bash them. As we should. 

I very much agree with your underline sentence though.

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s only one position guaranteed to be wrong. The middle. It’s either going to happen or not. Success or failure. What I’m saying is, what rift do you have when posters express their educated opinion on what’s going to happen? You’re not offering anything other than “yea, well…we’ll see. Time will tell”. Well….right. But that’s fence sitting. You cant argue from that position. Why even bother saying anything? Your stance is, “I won’t know until I see it.” That’s not a position. It’s a cop out. Just let these guys have their opinion. 

Is this about me tearing Pete out of Candy Land?

He called me negative for stating my opinion that this doesn't move the needle. Then I called him a homer.
are you saying it's ok to criticize negative opinion, but we have no right to criticize positive opinion?

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think modern offenses really let defenses dictate what they are going to do. That OC has 3 plays in mind that he's sticking with regardless of the defensive formation and picking the one he thinks will get the best results.

Really? You don't think they game plan for a 4-3, 3-4, Zone, Man? What if Gannons Defense mixes and matches all of those concepts on a series by series basis? Game plan Specific to the matchup? Because he has the actual personnel to attempt both?

That wouldn't be an advantage? The fact you of all people have no clue what his defense will look like given our additions only gets me more excited to see the final product. 😎

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Really? You don't think they game plan for a 4-3, 3-4, Zone, Man? What if Gannons Defense mixes and matches all of those concepts on a series by series basis? Game plan Specific to the matchup? Because he has the actual personnel to attempt both?

That wouldn't be an advantage? The fact you of all people have no clue what his defense will look like given our additions only gets me more excited to see the final product. 😎

They practice against it, but I don't think they really game plan for it, so much as try to nail down the execution of that particular play against multiple defenses. You will make a line adjustment or hot route based on the D, but the base play will mostly stay the same. For the most part, Offenses dictate how defenses game plan rather than the opposite, imo.

As far as what the Defense will look like with our additions, I can only project based off what I saw last year. And that was a guy who didn't put his players in the best position to succeed or get very creative.

Edited by Jeezla