Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is this about me tearing Pete out of Candy Land?

He called me negative for stating my opinion that this doesn't move the needle. Then I called him a homer.
are you saying it's ok to criticize negative opinion, but we have no right to criticize positive opinion?

Not when you don’t back it up with substance. Sayin time will tell isn’t offering a counterpoint to anyone’s opinion. You’re just being exactly what Pete is calling you. If you had legit concerns that fell on something substantial then sure. But when your best is, “I’m not sure because I haven’t seen it”, why are you even bothering rebutting people? 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not when you don’t back it up with substance. Sayin time will tell isn’t offering a counterpoint to anyone’s opinion. You’re just being exactly what Pete is calling you. If you had legit concerns that fell on something substantial then sure. But when your best is, “I’m not sure because I haven’t seen it”, why are you even bothering rebutting people? 

Projecting draft prospects vs projecting Gannon is 2 different animals. I don't know how you can project his scheme when the only thing we have to go on is last season. Draft prospects usually have 3 years of tape. Gannon has 1. and it's not good.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Projecting draft prospects vs projecting Gannon is 2 different animals. I don't know how you can project his scheme when the only thing we have to go on is last season.

Because you’re a smart, educated football mind who has spent decades, through learning or leisure, developing a good understanding of footballing. You can see what’s about to happen with the moves they’re making because you understand when certain players are brought in, they are expected to be used in certain ways. You know this. I don’t know why you’re being difficult about it. If I buy eggs, flour and sugar I’m not making a salad. Doesn’t matter that all I ate was salad last year. This is a new dinner menu this year. You can see it before I make it and put it on the table. Because you can infer it through my shopping. 

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Because you’re a smart, educated football mind who has spent decades, through learning or leisure, developing a good understanding of footballing. You can see what’s about to happen with the moves they’re making because you understand when certain players are brought in, they are expected to be used in certain ways. You know this. I don’t know why you’re being difficult about it. If I buy eggs, flour and sugar I’m not making a salad. Doesn’t matter that all I ate was salad last year. This is a new dinner menu this year. You can see it before I make it and put it on the table. Because you can infer it through my shopping. 

Dude you know better. You saw this line of reasoning get burnt to the ground when we signed DeMarco Murray.

Oh the Eagles are gonna be a 1-cut power run team now! Look at the RB they signed! Nope. Square peg, round hole. Gannon is a loose cannon and I don't know if he's gonna make a cake with those ingredients or just mash em all together and say dig in. You look at the individual signings, and sure it looks like we're in for some changes, but I don't trust Gannon the same way I didn't trust Chip Kelly (and was crucified for it on this forum until a year later when you all jumped on the F Chip wagon)

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dude you know better. You saw this line of reasoning get burnt to the ground when we signed DeMarco Murray.

Oh the Eagles are gonna be a 1-cut power run team now! Look at the RB they signed! Nope. Square peg, round hole. Gannon is a loose cannon and I don't know if he's gonna make a cake with those ingredients or just mash em all together and say dig in. You look at the individual signings, and sure it looks like we're in for some changes, but I don't trust Gannon the same way I didn't trust Chip Kelly.

One signing by a complete hurricane nightmare of a man that was way overmatched by the NFL game and environment and you question your football intuition? 

I get what you’re sayin. Not everyone, every time is going to be used properly. But we are indeed seeing a shift change here. That’s for sure. One you can connect the dots into being successful. You don’t bring in a player like Reddick and draft a kid like Davis and not throw some wrenches in the system. 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

TRM , be "Honest". Are you @TheHonestNFL? Friend of yours? Family member? 😎

No.  I wish I had a family member who used to work for the Eagles.

I just think he's one of the most valuable resources for learning about the Eagles and Gannon's scheme which is why I post his content a lot.

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The good news is there are no excuses for Gannon anymore, similarly to Hurts. We can get a fair evaluation of many different spots now. If Gannon can't make this defense look at least decent we know what the problem is.

Bingo.

Big prove it year for Hurts/Gannon for this very reason. I think if Hurts underperforms and doesn't take a step he's gonna be replaced.... not sure I can say the same for Gannon. I still feel like even if he's meh and the defense doesn't take a significant step he will likely be here in 2023. 

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

call it negativity if you want, I call it hard truths

To be fair... everybody thinks their opinion is the "truth"

I like that we have a good mix of glass half full and glass half empty fans. I don't think anybody here is so negative that they kill every single move we make. I've seen you and @Broadway Joe praise moves as well.

Edit: And, you should know better than arguing about Foles with Skippy.... lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I just think he's one of the most valuable resources for learning about the Eagles and Gannon's scheme which is why I post his content a lot.

I like when you post stuff from that account. Keep doing it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:
19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

There's nothing wrong with it, just would like to see TRM post his own thoughts, untainted by anyone else opinion or fact gathering, more often.  And maybe cut those tweet re-posts down to 3 tweets max in a single post.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I try to just post them in threads relevant to the discussion or throw them in the offseason thread. He was on Jordan Davis for the Eagles since early in the process like during the early to mid college season pumping him up and saying how he would be a great fit for what the Eagles want to do.

This was his first tweet about him from late September.

These were the next few from October.... amazing the Dean/Davis combo mention.

His next few tweets from early November. 

He stayed on his position from the first time he started really watching a lot of Davis. I remember him mentioning in like April that he would take Davis top 5. Didn't know he held that same opinion back in early November. 

When I first started following him I was kinda skeptical he used to work for the Eagles, but after following him for months and months now I think its blatantly obvious he's telling the truth about that. There is no way he doesn't have connections with all the different old playbook stuff he posts and how he talks about the Eagles franchise and the insight he provides. I just think he's a valuable resources that we are lucky to have access to. 

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There's nothing wrong with it, just would like to see TRM post his own thoughts, untainted by anyone else opinion or fact gathering, more often.  And maybe cut those tweet re-posts down to 3 tweets max in a single post.

That's fair, but I think I post my thoughts plenty... I probably need to slow my roll a little on how much I post, but when it comes to Gannon's scheme and the ins-and-outs I trust his knowledge and understanding much better than my own. I think its good to listen to people smarter than yourself about the game. Coaches go to coaching clinics all the time to learn from people who are experts in certain areas that they want to learn from. I know a lot of smart football pepole on Twitter who post coaching clinic videos they are learning from. I'm a very avid football fan and I know all the basics of what I'm seeing, but I can't act like my knowledge isn't pretty basic compared to people who played the game for a long time or used to work in a NFL front office.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

God damn it @EaglesPeteC, this is what happens when you open the doors to Candyland.

I’m sorry that other people’s excitement makes you angry because you choose to live in a joyless bubble.

We can trade you to the Jags forum if you’d rather stare into the hopeless abyss.