Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

12 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Maybe I’m in the minority and that’s fine but it seems like every comment on this board is something from or something based off of Twitter. 

I don’t want to hamper what little activity we have left here but I believe this is the best place for Eagles talk - Twitter sucks, Reddit sucks, the FB groups suck, YT sucks - this board has the best core of Eagles fans going. I want to know what you think, what’s your opinion, how do you feel about things, etc. Maybe it’s my disdain for social media as a whole but Twitter is the epitome of you can find anything on the internet. 

This board was more alive and fun when people were posting their actual thoughts vs going to Twitter to find something to support their side of the story. 

Like I said maybe I’m in the minority and that’s fine, just giving my opinion on the subject. I won’t derail this glorious signing of Bradberry anymore with this.

I agree, it’s a nice way to share news bits so people don’t have to leave the forum, but it’s a bit cumbersome when overly used.

I genuinely appreciate @TheRealMcCoyFor hunting stuff down that I barely see anywhere else. But I’m in the “gloss over camp” on those 5+ twitter posts I can’t lie. They all load in randomly bumping each other, and as dumb as it sounds reading black text on white background is just not something I do much anymore, just makes it harder to take in the flow of the forum. Used as a “hm interesting”  one-off or as a new log to throw on to stoke conversation is a good way to use those tweets.

Personally I try to do my best to offer my own take on stuff, which can be hard to do in a definitive way sometimes with the multi-lane way that I think…something I try to get better with in a lot of parts of my life. But I genuinely enjoy when we have rotating groups here on different topics - like @Jroc04’s heel turn as the Chief of the Anti-Punter Movement was great to me.

I like hearing everyone’s thoughts on stuff, it’s why I come back (year 15 for a couple of us in that 2007 class).

We can have a larger discussion if you guys want, but I’d say posting stuff from Twitter has a part here. Just best as News / Jokes / Info like a graph or stat that its just easier to share. Replacing original thoughts, breakdowns, doable nerd work with opinions of people we haven’t talked to for this long is trade off I’d also rather not do. Like I for one like pulling together info and making graphs or crunching numbers for here myself for stuff im curious about. Like the RBs by round thing the other week.

Would it help if we had a Twitter thread with no caps on posting? Then tried to limit it in the other threads? That way we can dump the stuff we all find about the team / league, but still post more pertinent stuff one-offs in their appropriate threads. Discussion for some other time maybe.

Sorry if I’m dragging stuff back up but I was Pollworking all day Tuesday and was just out of it most of the day yesterday to keep weighing in beyond the initial signing reactions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I genuinely appreciate @TheRealMcCoyFor hunting stuff down that I barely see anywhere else

👊🏻

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

as dumb as it sounds reading black text on white background is just not something I do much anymore

I mean if I could post the tweets in dark mode like how I have it on Twitter and on here I would, but that’s just not possible.

I think just creating a thread for me to post stuff you guys don’t wanna read seems excessive lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

To be fair, all of you have been blasting Jeezla for not being a Homer when in fact he was dunking on NYRaider the whole Bradberry thread 

That back and forth was hilarious. I argue with @Jeezla on stuff. I’d say he airs on the more glass half empty (where I’m the opposite) angle, but I don’t think I blast him for not being a homer. Like nothing about his take when I asked him about his prediction for this year was anything remotely close to negative. Like I said before I think we have a good balance of glass half full and half empty people on this forum to keep each other in check.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:
1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Telling us that we're wrong 70% of the time, posting in the most toxic boards on this forum and Nick Foles. 

I rarely go anywhere else than here. I’ll see him pop up as an Eagle fan every now and then and I’m always like, how do I not know who you are? 

It’s weird. I questioned him before a couple times about how he’s an Eagles fan, but only posts in the News/General threads and not here, but different strokes I guess.

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

To be fair, all of you have been blasting Jeezla for not being a Homer when in fact he was dunking on NYRaider the whole Bradberry thread 

I don't think anyone has ever blasted Jeezla for being a homer ever. Only for being overly pessimistic in numerous ways, and for drinking the strongest of copium in unrealistic Madden-esque trades.

I respect Jeezla's opinions on the draft especially, even though I often disagree with them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s weird. I questioned him before a couple times about how he’s an Eagles fan, but only posts in the News/General threads and not here, but different strokes I guess.

Having that guy not in here is a blessing. Let's just leave it at that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't think anyone has ever blasted Jeezla for being a homer ever. Only for being overly pessimistic in numerous ways, and for drinking the strongest of copium in unrealistic Madden-esque trades.

I respect Jeezla's opinions on the draft especially, even though I often disagree with them.

This is pretty much doing that.

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I think this is directed at me - I wasn't trying to derail anyone from posting, just giving my thoughts on what I'd like to see more of. 

At this point I think we're probably all OGs - I joined here when I was 18ish right before I deployed because I was bored googling mock drafts. I'm now 33 and somehow this is still the first website I go to when I log into work in the morning lol. 

No it wasn't directed at you , was more in general. 

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean if I could post the tweets in dark mode like how I have it on Twitter and on here I would, but that’s just not possible.

I think just creating a thread for me to post stuff you guys don’t wanna read seems excessive lol. 

Oh yeah I know you have no control over that, it’s just a little thing I thought trying to analyze it.

Wouldn’t be just you. There’s a lot of stuff I find too. “From the Eagle-Verse”

• Like 1