Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

What I find hilarious is the uproar some of you had about the Eagles ignoring the secondary during the draft after FA. Not addressing a glaring and obvious hole within our defense. 

They now go out and potentially sign the best CB available, after addressing DE, DT, LB in the Draft/FA and it's still not good enough??

Jesus, Eagle fans!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sure, just quote where I said I hate it

And the Eagles don't win SB's for being offseason champs

I will drag you out of Candy Land and into the real world if I have to.

I haven't seen anybody here say anything about a Superbowl. Just that this move appears to be a big upgrade to our secondary. Also, Free Agency and trades absolutely played a major role in our super bowl victory. Alshon, Jernigan, Darby, Blount, Ajai, Torrey Smith, and several other players were brought in from the outside and played critical roles in the Superbowl run. I don't buy that because you make a handful of good moves in the offseason that you are building a dream team or trying to win a superbowl in the offseason. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Fletch looked super washed so that's one thing he brings is fresh legs.

He probably is, but he also wasn't really asked to do Fletcher Cox upfield type things. Jordan Davis being able to get upfield is a projection and Gannon actually asking these guys to do more than whatever Cox did last year is another projection. 

2 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I haven't seen anybody here say anything about a Superbowl. Just that this move appears to be a big upgrade to our secondary. Also, Free Agency and trades absolutely played a major role in our super bowl victory. Alshon, Jernigan, Darby, Blount, Ajai, Torrey Smith, and several other players were brought in from the outside and played critical roles in the Superbowl run. I don't buy that because you make a handful of good moves in the offseason that you are building a dream team or trying to win a superbowl in the offseason. 

If you are laser beams out of your eyes excited for this teams potential, why wouldn't you be thinking SB?

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What I find hilarious is the uproar some of you had about the Eagles ignoring the secondary during the draft after FA. Not addressing a glaring and obvious hole within our defense. 

They now go out and potentially sign the best CB available, after addressing DE, DT, LB in the Draft/FA and it's still not good enough??

Jesus, Eagle fans!

Are you including me in the uproar section for ignoring the eagles secondary?

I'm always a "Rome wasn't built in a year" kind of guy. Secondary could have waited til next year. DT could have waited til next year, imo. I ain't mad at Bradberry being an eagle. I just don't think he suddenly changes the vegas odds (even if he does).

Was I bummed we passed on some secondary players I liked? Sure, but I'm also bummed we passed on a P. If we pass on a guy I have rated highly for someone I had rated lower, I'll complain about it regardless of position.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

that doesn't indicate anything until we see how he's used. we used a hybrid LB last year, they just sucked. Patrick Johnson/that other dude. Reddicks role isn't new. 

You can’t compare Avery and Johnson to Reddick. Also, the moves you’ve seen so far have positioned us to be able to actually run the fronts where those guys can be successful. You got to be able to see that. That’s Davis’ difference. 

Wouldn’t that be writing on the wall though? You’re not bringing in a player like Reddick, pay him that amount, without expecting to use him exactly why he was paid that amount. There’s two ILB making more than 15M a year. Make no mistake, Hasson’s rushing the QB. I don’t think you have to look much further. His contract is on par with how good rush LBs are being paid. Reddicks role might not be new but it can actually be ran right now. Davis gives us that option. 

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Are you including me in the uproar section for ignoring the eagles secondary?

I'm always a "Rome wasn't built in a year" kind of guy. Secondary could have waited til next year. DT could have waited til next year, imo. I ain't mad at Bradberry being an eagle. I just don't think he suddenly changes the vegas odds (even if he does).

Was I bummed we passed on some secondary players I liked? Sure, but I'm also bummed we passed on a P. If we pass on a guy I have rated highly for someone I had rated lower, I'll complain about it regardless of position.

Funny you mention but this year is a lot like the year going into the SB year. Rome wasn’t built in a day but you have to position yourself to be in it to win it. Flukey or not, if Howie doesn’t make the moves he made while we in a “rebuild” mode, we’re not winning that SB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

You can’t compare Avery and Johnson to Reddick. Also, the moves you’ve seen so far have positioned us to be able to actually run the fronts where those guys can be successful. You got to be able to see that. That’s Davis’ difference. 

Wouldn’t that be writing on the wall though? You’re not bringing in a player like Reddick, pay him that amount, without expecting to use him exactly why he was paid that amount. There’s two ILB making more than 15M a year. Make no mistake, Hasson’s rushing the QB. I don’t think you have to look much further. His contract is on par with how good rush LBs are being paid. Reddicks role might not be new but it can actually be ran right now. Davis gives us that option. 

Exactly. Until I actually see it, it's all just projection on paper, but Gannon has done nothing to make me just assume he'll do it right. It's a fascinating mix of talent on paper with a complete enigma at DC that I trust as much as Billy Davis at this point.

Players playing in 2022 for Gannon's Defense that didn't in 2021. If that's not reason to be somewhat excited , I'm not sure what is? Besides favorite players not being Eagles.

Hassan Reddick 

Brandon Graham 

Jordan Davis

Kazir White

Nakobe Dean 

James Bradberry 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Players playing in 2022 for Gannon's Defense that didn't in 2021. If that's not reason to be somewhat excited , I'm not sure what is? Besides favorite players not being Eagles.

Hassan Reddick 

Brandon Graham 

Jordan Davis

Kazir White

Nakobe Dean 

James Bradberry 

Stop being excited. Jeezla won’t allow it you homer

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Exactly. Until I actually see it, it's all just projection on paper, but Gannon has done nothing to make me just assume he'll do it right. It's a fascinating mix of talent on paper with a complete enigma at DC that I trust as much as Billy Davis at this point.

lol what’s the fun in that? 

You make your biscuits telling us what prospect is going to do what in the NFL every offseason but posters can’t assume or project what an obvious FA pickup is going to do? Cmon man. 

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hassan Reddick 

Brandon Graham 

Jordan Davis

Kazir White

Nakobe Dean 

James Bradberry 

I'm excited for football in general, and once these fantasy drafts start popping off, I'll be totally jacked

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

lol what’s the fun in that? 

You make your biscuits telling us what prospect is going to do what in the NFL every offseason but posters can’t assume or project what an obvious FA pickup is going to do? Cmon man. 

I need to talk to payroll then. I'm missing my checks.

Of course you can project Reddick. You can project Jordan Davis too. Accurately though? Time will tell. All I know is I trust Gannon's coordinating even less than Howie's drafting.