2022 Around league

dll2000

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

Both sides share some blame. Robinson didn't play hard. Nagy minimized his role in the offense.

And to be fair now he is playing with the best QB of his life on a Super Bowl caliber team. 

ACL tear and character concerns-- with the latter most likely being the biggest reason. Thanks to medical advancements, ACL tears (even grade 3s) are not as big of a deal as they used to be. Pickens was already a year removed from surgery around draft time making it possible for him to fully participate in offseason programs and camp.  By comparison, Arob tore his knee about 8 months before free agency when the Bears picked him up and he never had any issues after that.

The Steelers saw a guy with a very high ceiling and are hoping he matures since he's only 21 years old.

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

And we thought Schofield was bad yesterday 😂

I'm not EXACTLY rooting against him, but I AM seeking validation in my opinion he was really overrated, hopefully something more credible than PFF validates that. 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

And we thought Schofield was bad yesterday 😂

Schofield got beat like a drum for a sack on the first drive but in fairness it was by Chris Jones, who’s been a 2nd team All Pro 3 of the past 4 years too. In the grand scheme of things it was one bad rep. 4 bad ones out of 10 is another thing entirely, especially when you consider Daniels was a day 1 FA signing on a multi-year deal and Schofield was a July add on a minimum deal with no guarantees. 

• Like 1

*Sigh*  Consider the source.

Here is example # 247,568,298 why PFF is absolute trash

This is a sack allowed, according to tape and anyone with atleast 1 half working eye.  But not according to the source you guys are deeming to be credible it isn't.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/michael-schofield/8730?season=2022&weekGroup=PRE

qvv2Mo5.png

Based on this information, said trash site didnt consider this play to be pressure either despite the defender clearly using Schofields own momentum against him to set himself up and collapse the pocket before Fields can even go through his left side progressions.

8v2qEn1.gif

In fact, his 71 grade was higher than Borom (60), Jones(65) , and Mustipher (57) who were all graded around the same as James Daniels did (55). Whitehair was 77.

Bonus example. Fields was sacked twice but according to said trash site neither of those 5 OL allowed a single sack despite all of them playing during those 2 sacks. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This is a sack allowed, according to tape and anyone with atleast 1 half working eye.  But not according to the source you guys are deeming to be credible it isn't.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/michael-schofield/8730?season=2022&weekGroup=PRE

qvv2Mo5.png

Based on this information, said trash site didnt consider this play to be pressure either despite the defender clearly using Schofields own momentum against him to set himself up and collapse the pocket before Fields can even go through his left side progressions.

8v2qEn1.gif

In fact, his 71 grade was higher than Borom (60), Jones(65) , and Mustipher (57) who were all graded around the same as James Daniels did (55). Whitehair was 77.

Bonus example. Fields was sacked twice but according to said trash site neither of those 5 OL allowed a single sack despite all of them playing during those 2 sacks. 🤷‍♂️

Borom looking good there. 

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

qvv2Mo5.png

8v2qEn1.gif

I think PFF problem is quality control.  

They do speed grading with whoever.  

I want to know who did each grade and have reasoning attached to close calls so people can check on it. 

Be interesting to see some competitors in film breakdown market now that all 22 is more accessible.  

Takes too long for one person to do a league, but like 3-5 guys  with position knowledge per team could do a quality job going slower and more meticulous for a complete picture.  You wouldn’t have instant results like PFF, but they would be more accurate.  They could come out mid week or so.

I would want guys who could articulate proper fundamentals and base scheme for any position they are reviewing.  Not college kids that are fans.  

• Like 1

Every time I played with one of those draft simulators in offseason Pickens was my pick at #39 if there.

That was probably true of most Bears fans to be honest.  

He is a reported head case so he could implode at some point.   But man he has first round talent.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think PFF problem is quality control.  

They do speed grading with whoever.  

I want to know who did each grade and have reasoning attached to close calls so people can check on it. 

Be interesting to see some competitors in film breakdown market now that all 22 is more accessible.  

Takes too long for one person to do a league, but like 3-5 guys  with position knowledge per team could do a quality job going slower and more meticulous for a complete picture.  You wouldn’t have instant results like PFF, but they would be more accurate.  They could come out mid week or so.

I would want guys who could articulate proper fundamentals and base scheme for any position they are reviewing.  Not college kids that are fans.  

There are others out there who are much more consistent and transparent like FO and SIS but they do more breakdowns than individual grades by former scouts, coaches, and other front office employees, which I prefer. They just don't get the amount of exposure that PFF does since their not owned by Cris Collingworth.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Every time I played with one of those draft simulators in offseason Pickens was my pick at #39 if there.

That was probably true of most Bears fans to be honest.  

He is a reported head case so he could implode at some point.   But man he has first round talent.

I know hes going to be lamented over on this forum for the next decade (or until he's suspended for something) But Im not sure there was anyone who DIDNT want him around here.