2022 Around league

dll2000

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Not if you trade for them.

You think Amari Cooper wanted to go to Cleveland? 

Yes, I very much do. They are considered a contender with Deshaun. 

Players have more influence than ever before on where they go via trade, and to ignore that and think this is just players and picks on a spreadsheet, and the team just picks the "most valuable" option is just not reality anymore

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Players have more influence than ever before on where they go via trade, and to ignore that and think this is just players and picks on a spreadsheet, and the team just picks the "most valuable" option is just not reality anymore

Browns didn't have Deshaun until months later.

You think the Panthers politely asked Anderson where he wanted to go just 1 day after he threw a tantrum on the sidelines?

9 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Browns didn't have Deshaun until months later.

You think the Panthers politely asked Anderson where he wanted to go just 1 day after he threw a tantrum on the sidelines?

You sure about that?

And I think theres a very real chance that a guy who is a known malcontent could very well just not show up to a place he is traded to if he doesnt want to be there, thats a very real factor, as that could make things even worse.

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Yes.

Cooper deal was announced March 16. Watson deal wasn't announced until March 18. A few teams were in the Watson market until the very end.

I have no stone in this, but what you just put is two days not months as previously stated. In that case Cooper could have easily known Watson was going there. 

• Like 1

Coulter promoted, Ihmir Smith Marsette cut. I’m okay with it taking as long as it did. I’d rather the organization make thought out roster decisions rather than impulse after a poor showing. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Coulter promoted, Ihmir Smith Marsette cut. I’m okay with it taking as long as it did. I’d rather the organization make thought out roster decisions rather than impulse after a poor showing. 

I'd rather they field WR's who aren't emissions testers. Coulter sucks too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd rather they field WR's who aren't emissions testers. Coulter sucks too.

I'd jump at Will Fuller for the 6 games he'll give us before going to IR. Hell either him or Hilton would walk in and be an immediate upgrade and the number two. 

But tanking is the goal this year so I'm surprised we didn't keep ISM. He has been a significant help in earning our losing record. lol

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This isn’t the NBA. What power do they have?

You really think Jerry called Amari and asked him where he wanted to go? Cooper has no power because his money isn’t guranteed.

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'd jump at Will Fuller for the 6 games he'll give us before going to IR. Hell either him or Hilton would walk in and be an immediate upgrade and the number two. 

But tanking is the goal this year so I'm surprised we didn't keep ISM. He has been a significant help in earning our losing record. lol

Honestly yeah. Having him spread the field to open up the shorter stuff would be worth it for those 6 games 

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Bears have now decided to shop Robert Quinn. Brilliant to do it now after he’s done nothing this season and his value is at its lowest. 

If this is in fact true this would be about as dumb as it gets. You will get absolutely no return on value at this point. I know a lot of people are going to say that some contending team will give up something crazy like a third or something, but that simply will not happen. If it does I will gladly admit that I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

If this is in fact true this would be about as dumb as it gets. You will get absolutely no return on value at this point. I know a lot of people are going to say that some contending team will give up something crazy like a third or something, but that simply will not happen. If it does I will gladly admit that I was wrong.

It would’ve been wisest to trade him before the draft, coming off a stellar year. I just hope at the very least we can player for player trade him for DJ Moore