2022 Around league

dll2000

11 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

why would we trade a draft pick for a RB who is a FA after this season when we have the #1 rushing offense in the league with 2 running backs currently on pace for 800+ yards each?

And with an incredibly deep RB class in both FA & the draft.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

why would we trade a draft pick for a RB who is a FA after this season when we have the #1 rushing offense in the league with 2 running backs currently on pace for 800+ yards each?

The time to pick up Hunt was after he got in trouble in KC and signed for very little in Cleveland.

We wouldn't have needed to trade up for Montgomery and he already knew Nagy's offense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I understand Russel Wilson isn't playing well this year, but the amount of personal hate he gets on twitter is pretty crazy.

And from reporters.  

It's weird to me.

I think it's because he acted like a jackass to everyone he ever came across but because he was so good no one spoke out...now that he is bad everyone feels the right to take a pop shot.

22 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I would also look towards philly. they have the 2nd most cap space in the league, have super bowl aspirations, and having an edge like quinn added to a dline with cox, hargraves, graham, and sweat would only help in the playoffs against the top QBs. they had to have seen what a dline like buffalo's did against mahomes. 

YA BOI AINT DUMB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

if that get's you the best deal, that should absolutely be no reason to not trade him to philly.

"KC offered a 4th and philly offered a 2nd, but we play philly once this year, so we'll send him to KC"*

*trade offers purely hypothetical to make a point

This is a fair point and turns out I was off

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

In order to sign him to an extension without competing against the other teams. 

They’d only do this if they identified Hunt as the guy they want toting the rock going forward.

-A Drive Past Soldier Field

As I sat in traffic watching the road grader tear up chunks of Lake Shore Drive (JPDLSD?) my phone rang. It was a friend from Wisconsin, we worked together well and it would be nice to hear from him.  As I watched the nearly empty Monroe Harbor, we caught up and discussed a project, making sure it would be good for both of us and the client.  As we started talking and our wives and kids, I couldn't resist. 

"Hey I haven't been keeping up. How's the Pack doing? Still winning everything?"

There was a long pause as he sorted out his feelings; he decided to laugh.

"Oh yeah,  everything but the games!"

We chuckled together and I decided not to press, it couldn't be nice to think about. He kept going though.

"Me and D___ drove through Green Bay on Monday though, no joke, the flags in the yards, they're really at half mast!"

It was hard to know if this was a joke as we both laughed, but thinking it through and picturing those little lawns by the field I thought it must be partly true. I decided to change the subject, he was a nice friend and never caused me problems, but he wasn't done.

"Unbelievable how bad he's playing, spending all that time doing who knows what" and the rest was lost as I drove into the cell coverage dead zone by Monroe street.

Trying to change the subject, feeling like I'd put my finger into a wound, I suggested we talk tomorrow when I wasn't driving, but he was going on.

"It's time to see what we have in Jordan Love, maybe see.... trade.... get a couple first...." as the phone lost our words I could hear him getting more unsure of himself even as he outlined more and more unlikely scenarios.

"I've been watching since the 70s, you don't know know what it's like to not have a quarterback, and we've done it right for so long!"

It was my turn to pause and sort out feelings, I didn't know what to say. 

"Yeah, I'm sure Jordan Love will work great my man,  just out of curiousity, have you watched him play?"

The phone finally dropped it's call, or the prospect of Jordan Love starting rendered my friend speechless. I moved on, waiting for traffic on one of America's most famous roads to be more than one lane, and I pictured my friend, phone still in his hand, staring off into the distance and seeing nothing but interceptions and passes to the stands. 

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I understand Russel Wilson isn't playing well this year, but the amount of personal hate he gets on twitter is pretty crazy.

And from reporters.  

It's weird to me.

He is kind of a cringey personality imo and having a terrible year. If he was killing it there would be crickets for the most part. Him having a bad year makes it too easy for the media to dump on him. 

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No roof is a big call for the Bills in todays NFL.

Not bagging on Buffalo at all, but it would be mainly a football stadium. Its not a main Hub (Chicago, Atlanta, LA, Vegas, etc) that is banking on the litany of other major events that a domed stadium comes with.

Does this bring a Super Bowl up there? Maybe?? Dont think that brings a Final Four there

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Kind of crazy that the Giants got what they did for Toney. The guy has done next to nothing in the NFL

I agree…it is a risk no doubt but I guess Andy Reid has made a living off 2nd chances…if he can show the speed he did at times at Florida and with the Jets he will be wild in that offence.

18 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

-A Drive Past Soldier Field

As I sat in traffic watching the road grader tear up chunks of Lake Shore Drive (JPDLSD?) my phone rang. It was a friend from Wisconsin, we worked together well and it would be nice to hear from him.  As I watched the nearly empty Monroe Harbor, we caught up and discussed a project, making sure it would be good for both of us and the client.  As we started talking and our wives and kids, I couldn't resist. 

"Hey I haven't been keeping up. How's the Pack doing? Still winning everything?"

There was a long pause as he sorted out his feelings; he decided to laugh.

"Oh yeah,  everything but the games!"

We chuckled together and I decided not to press, it couldn't be nice to think about. He kept going though.

"Me and D___ drove through Green Bay on Monday though, no joke, the flags in the yards, they're really at half mast!"

It was hard to know if this was a joke as we both laughed, but thinking it through and picturing those little lawns by the field I thought it must be partly true. I decided to change the subject, he was a nice friend and never caused me problems, but he wasn't done.

"Unbelievable how bad he's playing, spending all that time doing who knows what" and the rest was lost as I drove into the cell coverage dead zone by Monroe street.

Trying to change the subject, feeling like I'd put my finger into a wound, I suggested we talk tomorrow when I wasn't driving, but he was going on.

"It's time to see what we have in Jordan Love, maybe see.... trade.... get a couple first...." as the phone lost our words I could hear him getting more unsure of himself even as he outlined more and more unlikely scenarios.

"I've been watching since the 70s, you don't know know what it's like to not have a quarterback, and we've done it right for so long!"

It was my turn to pause and sort out feelings, I didn't know what to say. 

"Yeah, I'm sure Jordan Love will work great my man,  just out of curiousity, have you watched him play?"

The phone finally dropped it's call, or the prospect of Jordan Love starting rendered my friend speechless. I moved on, waiting for traffic on one of America's most famous roads to be more than one lane, and I pictured my friend, phone still in his hand, staring off into the distance and seeing nothing but interceptions and passes to the stands. 

Yeah the days of Rodgers getting a huge trade return have likely passed.

My guess is he retires after this season.  A lot of fans have soured on him and that has to take a lot of fun out of it.

Methinks he would be happier hosting Jeopardy and/or doing a podcast.