2022 Around league

dll2000

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

I figure the most logical way to read rodgers in the final few minutes (walking off, staring around, shoving the camera away as Cobb and him embrace in their departure, and of course refusing to trade jerseys with a lions player as he “wanted to keep that one”) is that he is now done in the nfl. If that isn’t true, he at the very least will play somewhere else. It’s the end of an era in GB and it’s a very strange feeling. 

I'm hopeful but not confident. There was the same speculation last year too

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If he retires, GB gets nothing for him and he ****s them up financially.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Only bad part is they can just hold onto the paperwork and not file it until after June 1st I believe.

Still, any little bit that sets them back, I'm going to bask in.

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Who will want to take that job? Does McCown finally get to take it after Lovie was the response to the Flores lawsuit? Or do they have to have another one year guy take the reigns?

Fired for losing the #1 overall pick…that franchise is a dumpster fire and I see no way out for them unless they get new ownership

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Fired for losing the #1 overall pick…that franchise is a dumpster fire and I see no way out for them unless they get new ownership

They were firing him regardless. Lovie is a clown but the people who run that organization are dumb as s***. I figured when they canned Easterby things would improve but it appears McNair is running the show because no sane owner would give a GM the opportunity for hire 4 coaches

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They were firing him regardless. Lovie is a clown but the people who run that organization are dumb as s***. I figured when they canned Easterby things would improve but it appears McNair is running the show because no sane owner would give a GM the opportunity for hire 4 coaches

Pretty sure they’re gonna be paying 4 coaches this year. That’s insane. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Caserio likely helped get Esterby canned, so that was a solid start. But the Flores lawsuit was the primary reason Lovie got the role IMO. He filed the suit in Feb and HOU promoted Lovie in March, but Culley was fired in Jan. I'd wager Caserio already had a HC in mind when he took the job, saw the lawsuit, and just promoted Lovie to keep heat off him while he worked to get Esterby out of his ear.

They got the 2nd overall pick out of it, so they at least have that and quite a bit of draft capital from the Watson trade. That should allow Caserio to take a real swing at a HC for his real hire. I think the Lovie hiring was more like Pace with Fox, using him as the guy to scapegoat and help be a band-aid until the better option would come.

And honestly I wouldn't want Lovie really having any input on who the hopeful franchise QB would be.

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The extra 3rds would be nice but I would prefer Poles had his right hand man for a little longer.

Poles should have been able to get a fair bit out of him over the season, the picks hold more value for me. Take him TEN!!!