Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

9 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Nope, it wasn't Norwell. Now it's going to bug me. @RuskieTitan it's on you to figure out who it was. I just looked through a number of seasons and nobody jumped out. 

To go along with Ruskie's point about an injury/suspension sometimes being a good thing and "preserving" them, look no further than Daryl Washington. Sim monster. I don't think we've seen that level of consistent dominance from an ILB. 

Mike Brisiel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Brisiel

Professional career[edit]

Houston Texans[edit]

Brisiel was originally signed by the Texans as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played two preseason games with the Texans as a rookie and spent the regular season on the practice squad. Prior to the 2007 NFL season, Brisiel played as center with the NFL Europe team Hamburg Sea Devils.[2]

In 2007, Brisiel started 4 games, replacing Fred Weary at right guard between Chris Myers and Eric Winston.[3] In 2008, these three started all 16 games and, except for injuries, were together up to the end of the 2011 NFL season. On October 12, 2008, Brisiel was a key factor in the final offensive play of the Houston Texans' 29-28 comeback victory over the Miami Dolphins at Reliant Stadium. While the wide receivers pulled defensive attention towards the sidelines on the Texans' last-ditch 4th-and-2 play, Brisiel blocked the one defensive lineman who had a chance to tackle quarterback Matt Schaub as he ran the ball in from 3 yards out for the decisive score.[4]

Brisiel started only 5 games in 2009, replaced by Chris White, then 9 in 2010 and 13 in 2011, when he played in his first playoff game, a win against the Cincinnati Bengals, followed by a loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

Oakland Raiders[edit]

Brisiel signed with the Oakland Raiders on March 16, 2012.[5] He was released on April 1, 2014.

Pancakes were added as a metric starting in S5

S8: Mike Brisiel [16 GS]: 33 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 4 tackles for loss allowed.
S9: Mike Brisiel [16 GS]: 20 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 4 tackles for loss allowed.

Never played another down in NSFL after. Absolutely baffling how he performed in S8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Mike Brisiel

S8: Mike Brisiel [16 GS]: 33 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 4 tackles for loss allowed.
S9: Mike Brisiel [16 GS]: 20 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 4 tackles for loss allowed.

Never played another down in NSFL after. Absolutely baffling how he performed in S8

That's my guy.

The 🐐.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, swoosh said:

Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas (Owner: The Orca)
izJlQju.png
QB: Tua Tagovailoa (MIA)
RB: Christian McCaffrey (CAR)
WR: CeeDee Lamb (DAL), Kadarius Toney (NYG)
OT: Orlando Brown Jr. (KC)
DE: Frank Clark (KC)
OLB: T.J. Watt (PIT)
K: Evan McPherson (CIN)

Total Keepers: 8 (4 offense, 3 defense, 1 special teams)

Summary: Orca was dealt a tough hand not too long ago, as well. I like the move of taking a risk on C-Mac. Fair trade for both teams. C-Mac, if he stays healthy, gives Orca a stud on offense like has on defense with Watt. Other than that, Orca is taking a bunch of flyers. We'll see how Tua does in real life with Hill. I get the appeal there. Lamb is a good, young WR. Toney is talented but can he stay out of his own way? The rest of the group leaves a little to be desired, but we know things take time. Likely won't be in contention this year, but all it takes it one good draft to be right in the thick of things the following year. 

You nailed it. The move up the win category starts now

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Unrelated, but if you would like to get Aaron Donald after Tammy is too stoned to set his keepers, 1.2 could be had for a kings ransom 

Was considering throwing 1.5 and 2.5 your way for 1.2. I'm still undecided. But it's something I've actually heavily considered.

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Mike Brisiel

I saw him, but thought it was someone who was around for awhile.