Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

Some favorites and dislikes from round 2. Pretty solid picks, so forgive me for the unevenness. 

Like:

2.6 Egypt - Amari Cooper - Rammy desperately needed offensive weapons and it’s fitting Cooper will be paired up with Watson here too. If Watson suits up (not birthday suit), Cooper could be in for a big year.

2.12 Tokyo - Tyler Lockett - Bcb’s first pick (I think?) was a good one. Over the last 4 years, Lockett has been one of the most consistent WR’s in the NFL, good for about 1,000 yards and 8-10 TD’s.  My only concern is how he’ll do without Russ, but I still think he’s a borderline keeper given his consistent production.

2.15 Predators - Harrison Smith - I loved Indy’s first round pick in Casey Hayward and this one was just as good if not better. That defense is looking scary, which is scary in of itself for the rest of the league.

2.20 - Kongs - Calais Campbell - He may be old, but he’s coming off a NSFL season in which he posted 18 stuffs and 6 sacks. Paired up with Chris Jones gives the defending Champs a nice 1-2 punch up front. Landing Campbell at 2.20 makes the Jordan trade look better.

Dislike:

2.7 Cox’s Bazar - Daron Payne - Not a bad player, but seems early. Better DT’s were available IMO. He was taken in the 7th last year and after posting 11 stuffs and 2 sacks, I think the 7th is more in line with his value.

2.13 New Zealand - Jalen Hurts - Obviously banking on Hurts having a big year and developing into a keeper, but this still seems awfully early for Hurts. I’m not even sure what type of season Hurts would have to have in 2021 to be worth 4 keeper tags. Now obviously Hurts could be kept for 1 tag if he doesn’t play, but that’s only going to last 1 season. Seems like a pick you make a lot later in the draft.

2.19 Polar Bears - James Daniels - After looking at Daniels’ stat line (32 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 16 stuffs allowed), I certainly get where Pickle was coming from here. For me personally though, there’s not enough NSFL sample size for me to believe Nacho has him rated any higher than what real life would suggest which is an above average guard.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Some favorites and dislikes from round 2. Pretty solid picks, so forgive me for the unevenness. 

Like:

2.6 Egypt - Amari Cooper - Rammy desperately needed offensive weapons and it’s fitting Cooper will be paired up with Watson here too. If Watson suits up (not birthday suit), Cooper could be in for a big year.

2.12 Tokyo - Tyler Lockett - Bcb’s first pick (I think?) was a good one. Over the last 4 years, Lockett has been one of the most consistent WR’s in the NFL, good for about 1,000 yards and 8-10 TD’s.  My only concern is how he’ll do without Russ, but I still think he’s a borderline keeper given his consistent production.

2.15 Predators - Harrison Smith - I loved Indy’s first round pick in Casey Hayward and this one was just as good if not better. That defense is looking scary, which is scary in of itself for the rest of the league.

2.20 - Kongs - Calais Campbell - He may be old, but he’s coming off a NSFL season in which he posted 18 stuffs and 6 sacks. Paired up with Chris Jones gives the defending Champs a nice 1-2 punch up front. Landing Campbell at 2.20 makes the Jordan trade look better.

Dislike:

2.7 Cox’s Bazar - Daron Payne - Not a bad player, but seems early. Better DT’s were available IMO. He was taken in the 7th last year and after posting 11 stuffs and 2 sacks, I think the 7th is more in line with his value.

2.13 New Zealand - Jalen Hurts - Obviously banking on Hurts having a big year and developing into a keeper, but this still seems awfully early for Hurts. I’m not even sure what type of season Hurts would have to have in 2021 to be worth 4 keeper tags. Now obviously Hurts could be kept for 1 tag if he doesn’t play, but that’s only going to last 1 season. Seems like a pick you make a lot later in the draft.

2.19 Polar Bears - James Daniels - After looking at Daniels’ stat line (32 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed, 16 stuffs allowed), I certainly get where Pickle was coming from here. For me personally though, there’s not enough NSFL sample size for me to believe Nacho has him rated any higher than what real life would suggest which is an above average guard.

I'm just happy that my picks aren't in this list

10 minutes ago, swoosh said:

anchorman-knights.gif

• Like 1

Real question:

How do you guys view/value players in this league?

- Previous NSFL seasons?

- Prior NFL season?

- Expectations for upcoming NFL season?

When I see a few comments - it seems like a mixed bag. Some guys get pumped because of what they might be (which shouldn't have an impact on this season of NSFL play); some guys get slagged despite producing in NSFL; some guys have done nothing in the NFL as of late but still perform in NSFL. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Real question:

- Previous NSFL seasons?

- Prior NFL season?

When I see a few comments - it seems like a mixed bag. Some guys get pumped because of what they might be (which shouldn't have an impact on this season of NSFL play); some guys get slagged despite producing in NSFL; some guys have done nothing in the NFL as of late but still perform in NSFL. 

All of the above.

I'm just happy that my picks aren't in this list

Duane Brown and Randy Gregory were as solid as they come. Brown has been one of the most consistent OT's in this league. He's not a keeper at this stage in his career, but your loaded with young talent so that isn't a big deal. Gregory was bucs' Defensive MVP last season, posting 10 stuffs and 7 sacks (weak MVP smh) and DE is pretty bare with talent. 

Real question:

- Previous NSFL seasons?

- Prior NFL season?

If I like the player I pick them. 

Real question:

- Previous NSFL seasons?

- Prior NFL season?

All of the above, but I'm one that tends to put a little more value in NFL than NSFL, especially at positions where it's hard to get a good read on players. If two players are pretty equal, I'll then use NSFL stats, but I'm not going to overdraft a player above where I think they should be rated just because they had good stats in the sim. Now if it's a few years of good stats, then that might get me to change my mind. At that point Nacho likely has that player rated higher than I would have initially thought, and I adjust.

Future projection entirely depends on my keeper situation and if that player has the potential to be a keeper. Expectations are irrelevant if that player has no chance to be a keeper (a large majority of vets). 

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Real question:

- Previous NSFL seasons?

- Prior NFL season?

For me NFL history is more important, while NSFL history is more of a tiebreaker/dealbreaker

I very rarely choose a player specifically because of NSFL history, but it is a good data point once I have my short list

• Like 1