• Cowboys
    • Dolphins
    • Eagles
    • Packers
    • Saints
    • Vikings
    • None - it's all justified
    • Other

Checking Vegas, Buffalo are favourites, then Chiefs, Bucs, Rams, Packers, Chargers, Broncos, 49ers then Browns!

So, would have to say Broncos are probably too high, possibly LAC too considering they haven’t proven they can translate a good roster into a deep playoff run. This is the first I’m learning of Cleveland being a top 10  fav for the superbowl…

I think Buffalo are a good pick for the Superbowl so I can’t claim they’re overhyped, but I would say it wasn’t all that rosey for them until the final stretch. I recall a lot of people excluding them from the playoff picture after that bizarre loss in the wind at home. Trounced us but then got done when it mattered against KC again. I’d have them in top 4 but not a clear number 1

Edited by Hunter2_1

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I would not assume that. When Hill was out for a game, Hardman ran his patterns rather well.

With Tyreek not blocking his way, Mecole could blossom. JuJu and Skyy will divvie up the underneath stuff that Robinson and Pringle ran. Presumably, they get more open and more targets. JuJu in particular brings size that Robinson and Pringle did not. I worry a bit about MVS. He's a deep threat like Hardman. We saw how limited tha could become.

Kelce will get his, but there is also the other TE and the RBs to consider. I look for a passing game that involves shorter drops, more timing, and more emphasis on physicality.

We are going to pay JuJu and MVS 10m each just to feed Hardman? I don't see it.

I think a split like Jakuvious mentioned is the most likely scenario, but barring injury - I think Hardman is the first guy out.

Edited by Soggust

27 minutes ago, Soggust said:

We are going to pay JuJu and MVS 10m each just to feed Hardman? I don't see it.

I think a split like Jaukavious mentioned is the most likely scenario, but barring injury - I think Hardman is the first guy out.

You can't really feed MVS considering he only runs like two routes. If he isn't running a post or go its hard to get him involved with any consistency. Guys good for like 600 yards a year tops.

Edited by StatKing

7 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You can't really feed MVS considering he only runs like two routes. If he isn't running a post or go its hard to get him involved with any consistency. Guys good for like 600 yards a year tops.

So, he's basically Hardman with less screens/return game, but same production lol.

I understand that and I don't want to oversell any optimism for MVS, but it just seems like he has the height to be better suited outside where as Hardman will want to be competing for slot work against JuJu and Skyy Moore, I would think? I wouldn't be shocked to see JuJu outside more than folks are suggesting, tbh. 

But regardless, I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone not named Kelce tops 1000 yards receiving this year.

Edited by Soggust

Lol everyone saying the Chiefs is nuts.

I don't think they are the clear class of the AFC anymore like they were from 2019-2020.

But they are absolutely a contender and a threat to win the AFC as long as Reid/Mahomes are there.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, thebestever6 said:

Broncos may end up being the team that's overhyped, but I think George Paton has done a phenomenal job with the roster and I think it's an upper tier roster in the league. Their rookie coaching staff is what I can see holding them back well see.

I went with cardinals they always seem to flame out

I think Broncos fans should be excited that they have a great QB now. I just don't think this year is your year yet. I think the roster has to be built up a bit more. I see you guys in a similar spot to where we were heading into last season in that we knew that we found our guy in Herbert, but our roster was still very incomplete. (You guys probably are a bit further along than we were heading into last year)

As of right now I see you guys similar to the Seahawks teams from 2015-2020. Good enough to make the playoffs but probably go no further than the divisional round.

Edited by Bolts223

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

:) I’m just messing with your friend. 

Im so confused lol

My name doeasnt have to do with Matt Ryan (happens all the time) If thats where the Falcons came from even though he isnt on the Falcons anymore

Based on Vegas future odds, it is clearly Chargers for me. They have the 4th/5th best SB odds and they are in a brutal division. I'm not positive Staley is a good coach. It is a ton of expectations for a QB/HC combo that have never made the playoffs.

I do get the hype because of Herbert/they are fun, but I will be fading them.

Edited by LeotheLion

8 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Based on Vegas future odds, it is clearly Chargers for me. They have the 4th/5th best SB odds and they are in a brutal division. I'm not positive Staley is a good coach. It is a ton of expectations for a QB/HC combo that have never made the playoffs.

I think it's because the division is a pretty good toss up. KC lost Hill and didn't really replace him. The Raiders, even adding Adams, are still underdogs in the division with Carr at QB. Broncos added Wilson, but there are major questions marks following him from Seattle. And when it came to the arms race, LAC definitely won on paper. All together I'd expect Las Vegas to keep the odds close around the AFCW, kinda saying "Who ever comes out of this division is a favorite for the SB, but we don't really know who that is".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Most I see have us around 6th/7th, which I think is fair. (Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Packers, Rams and sometimes 49ers ahead of us depending on the website)

Like who else deserves to be ahead of us? Ravens are good but they've won 1 playoff game under Lamar Jackson and I think our roster is better. Broncos are just as unproven and I think our roster is better. Cardinals are kind of a mess right now with the Kyler drama. Cowboys got worse this offseason. Titans got worse. Raiders should be good but they also won a lot of 1-score games last year and play a much tougher schedule. We took two of the Patriots best defensive players from them in FA this year.

Edited by Bolts223

20 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Most I see have us around 6th/7th, which I think is fair. (Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Packers, Rams and sometimes 49ers ahead of us depending on the website)

Like who else deserves to be ahead of us? Ravens are good but they've won 1 playoff game under Lamar Jackson and I think our roster is better. Broncos are just as unproven and I think our roster is better. Cardinals are kind of a mess right now with the Kyler drama. Cowboys got worse this offseason. Titans got worse. Raiders should be good but they also won a lot of 1-score games last year and play a much tougher schedule. We took two of the Patriots best defensive players from them in FA this year.

The book I use has the Chargers 4th with just Bills, Bucs, and Chiefs ahead. That is what I am basing it off of. 

For who else deserves to be ahead of you, you just listed 6 teams that I'd agree with and didn't include the Bucs.