• Dolphins
    • Eagles
    • Packers
    • Saints
    • Vikings
    • None - it's all justified
    • Other

22 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The book I use has the Chargers 4th with just Bills, Bucs, and Chiefs ahead. That is what I am basing it off of. 

For who else deserves to be ahead of you, you just listed 6 teams that I'd agree with and didn't include the Bucs. 

Oh sorry I forgot them. Yeah I'd include them too.

I don't agree that they should be 4 but most sports books I've looked at have them at 6th/7th. (They are either tied with the 49ers or the 49ers are sometimes slightly ahead.)

Which I think is pretty fair.

I think for me, it’s probably the Bucs. No doubt a good team, but coming up against a much harder schedule (albeit most tougher games coming at their place) will be interesting to see how they get on. 

Their wins against the better teams last year were all close scoring. They put away bad teams easily, but I think they have 11 games this coming season that will be battles for them. 

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Most I see have us around 6th/7th, which I think is fair. (Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Packers, Rams and sometimes 49ers ahead of us depending on the website)

Like who else deserves to be ahead of us? Ravens are good but they've won 1 playoff game under Lamar Jackson and I think our roster is better. Broncos are just as unproven and I think our roster is better. Cardinals are kind of a mess right now with the Kyler drama. Cowboys got worse this offseason. Titans got worse. Raiders should be good but they also won a lot of 1-score games last year and play a much tougher schedule. We took two of the Patriots best defensive players from them in FA this year.

I'd say the Ravens have a better roster. They were the number one seed in the AFC last year prior to Jackson going down and that was already with 57 other injuries. They took the Chargers to the woodshed last year, already missing several key players.

Assuming both teams at full strength I'd definitely take Baltimore to win.

For me, the following teams have a better roster than the Chargers:

Bucs, Rams, Chiefs, Bills, Packers - the big five contenders right now

Ravens, Niners - next up/could be included with the group above

Then the Chargers are in with the Bengals, Cowboys (they got worse, sure, but they were a lot better than the Chargers last year to begin with), Browns (assumes Watson at full strength), Titans (got worse but again, were much better than the Chargers last year to begin with), Colts (were comparable to the Chargers last year and got better at QB).

So for me the Chargers are as high as 8th, but could be as low as 12th.

And that's me putting Denver and LV in the next tier down, who could both be better than the Chargers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Soggust said:

So, he's basically Hardman with less screens/return game, but same production lol.

I understand that and I don't want to oversell any optimism for MVS, but it just seems like he has the height to be better suited outside where as Hardman will want to be competing for slot work against JuJu and Skyy Moore, I would think? I wouldn't be shocked to see JuJu outside more than folks are suggesting, tbh. 

But regardless, I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone not named Kelce tops 1000 yards receiving this year.

Hardman atleast has a valid excuse for his minimal production. He had to compete for targets against two HoF pass catchers. MVS has no excuse, he was supposed to be our clear cut #2 and just couldn't produce.

Delusional Packers fans want to blame Rodgers and say he only wanted to throw the ball to Adams but never asked themselves why. Its because MVS has an extremely limited skillset.

MVS has elite top end speed but his agility is below average at best, thats why we rarely threw screen passes to him. He's very tall but can't catch a 50/50 ball to save his life and he's a body catcher by nature. If I were you I wouldn't expect much.

On 5/20/2022 at 1:37 PM, Danger said:

Any answer that doesn't include the Cowboys is funny to me.

Laughable and ridiculous. For the first time since like 2007 we are not getting "one of the most talented teams in the NFL" label. We are finally rated properly. If anyone is overrated in our division its you. Your team beat like 6 back up QBs, the corpse of Matt Ryan on one of the least talented teams in the NFL, Sam Darnold and Fumble Jones. Any time you faced a competent team you got crushed. 

You are basically the Daniel Snyder Commies right now, back when they were formerly the Skins and won every offseason. We will see if this "dream team" can put it all together. But you were a ~5-6 win team talent wise last year and now people are calling for double that.

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I'd say the Ravens have a better roster. They were the number one seed in the AFC last year prior to Jackson going down and that was already with 57 other injuries. They took the Chargers to the woodshed last year, already missing several key players.

Assuming both teams at full strength I'd definitely take Baltimore to win.

For me, the following teams have a better roster than the Chargers:

Bucs, Rams, Chiefs, Bills, Packers - the big five contenders right now

Ravens, Niners - next up/could be included with the group above

Then the Chargers are in with the Bengals, Cowboys (they got worse, sure, but they were a lot better than the Chargers last year to begin with), Browns (assumes Watson at full strength), Titans (got worse but again, were much better than the Chargers last year to begin with), Colts (were comparable to the Chargers last year and got better at QB).

So for me the Chargers are as high as 8th, but could be as low as 12th.

And that's me putting Denver and LV in the next tier down, who could both be better than the Chargers.

• Ravens were 11-5 and a wild card in 2020. They put up 3 points against a Bills team who was blown out by KC the next week. The 1-seed year was 2019. But if we're going back that far I guess I should bring up the Chargers were 12-4 in 2018. I don't really see 2018 or 2019 as relevant anymore.
  • Yeah I disagree with that the Ravens roster is better. Herbert is a much better passer than Lamar, our skill players are better and we're just as strong in the trenches with D-line and O-line additions. The only thing they really have over us is a much better Tight End in Mark Andrews and a better secondary.

I don't disagree with the Bucs, Rams, Chiefs, Bills, Packers. I might even throw the Bengals in there as well.

Ravens & 49ers I think are debatable. I'd put us around the same as the niners and slightly ahead of the Ravens.

Edited by Bolts223

On 5/21/2022 at 4:48 AM, ///mcompact said:

^^^ Bingo.

Why the heck aren't the Chiefs an option?

Really? Because we are the the top candidates for 'regression'. Surely you've seen how we're no longer top-dogs because we've lost Reek. We'd be a good option for the 'under-hyped' poll.

1 hour ago, BigTrav said:

Really? Because we are the the top candidates for 'regression'. Surely you've seen how we're no longer top-dogs because we've lost Reek. We'd be a good option for the 'under-hyped' poll.

I, like other non-Chiefs fans, don't live in your fanbase's echo-chamber so maybe we're seeing/hearing something else?  

18 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

I, like other non-Chiefs fans, don't live in your fanbase's echo-chamber so maybe we're seeing/hearing something else?  

If you are hearing that the Chiefs lost Hill and Mathieu and that they have a brutal early schedule, then you are hearing the same things. 

1 hour ago, ///mcompact said:

You've just shifted the goal posts entirely. Where have any of us said we've been bumped from the top 10?

We are just not being overhyped. I haven't heard a single person say we've become a better team, in fact, the contrary. Losing Hill and Tyrann has made us slightly worse. I am not saying I disagree with that, I am simply saying we clearly aren't being overhyped

Don't try and move the goalposts again.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I think Broncos fans should be excited that they have a great QB now. I just don't think this year is your year yet. I think the roster has to be built up a bit more. I see you guys in a similar spot to where we were heading into last season in that we knew that we found our guy in Herbert, but our roster was still very incomplete. (You guys probably are a bit further along than we were heading into last year)

As of right now I see you guys similar to the Seahawks teams from 2015-2020. Good enough to make the playoffs but probably go no further than the divisional round.

I just disagree with the notion our roster is incomplete.  On defense,  you have a ton of talent and finished as a top 10 unit despite being put on the field a ton and The Offense never contributed to the field position battle. Vic Fangio played a huge role in that defense performing that well so I can see a point if you think they'll regress to the mean.

On offense they're littered with talent in the skill position groups and Russ with be the catalyst to get the most out of those groups. I believe wrs are being under sold largely because of the poor play from the qb position 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I just disagree with the notion our roster is incomplete.  On defense,  you have a ton of talent and finished as a top 10 unit despite being put on the field a ton and The Offense never contributed to the field position battle. Vic Fangio played a huge role in that defense performing that well so I can see a point if you think they'll regress to the mean.

On offense they're littered with talent in the skill position groups and Russ with be the catalyst to get the most out of those groups. I believe wrs are being under sold largely because of the poor play from the qb position 

I'll be honest that I'm not a huge fan of your front 7. Chubb and Gregory are a solid edge rushing duo. Besides that though? Not too much to like about it. I also think losing Fangio will be a hit to the defense.

While it was probably worth it to gain Wilson, I do think losing Noah Fant is a pretty big blow to the offense. Wilson will benefit from a better O-line than he had in Seattle but I'd argue that Seattle actually has better WR's than you guys do.

I think you guys will be good, just not Super Bowl caliber like many are predicting. I don't see your roster as any better than the rosters Wilson had in the mid-late 2010's and those teams were the epitome of good, but not good enough to go all the way. (Also Carroll was a lot more proven as a HC than Hackett is)

Edited by Bolts223

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

The Broncos faced the fewest drives of any defense in the NFL last year, and opposing teams had the 4th worst starting field position against the Broncos.

• Like 1