• Dolphins
    • Eagles
    • Packers
    • Saints
    • Vikings
    • None - it's all justified
    • Other

The Colts

I think their supporting cast is being vastly overrated. They have one of the worst receiving corps in the League. Their offensive line isn’t the unit it was 3 years ago(who is their starting LT?) and I don’t like the pass rush at all.

And 2022 Matt Ryan is supposed to elevate this team? I think the BEST case scenario is a slightly better version of 2020 Philip Rivers or last years Wentz

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The Colts

I think their supporting cast is being vastly overrated. They have one of the worst receiving corps in the League. Their offensive line isn’t the unit it was 3 years ago(who is their starting LT?) and I don’t like the pass rush at all.

And 2022 Matt Ryan is supposed to elevate this team? I think the BEST case scenario is a slightly better version of 2020 Philip Rivers or last years Wentz

Guess being in their division helps, but I'm also left feeling 'meh' about their overall roster. Some elite talent in Leonard and Taylor, and Nelson, but if they do get to playoffs - I don't expect much. 

My answer is same as last season. Season before that too. Broncos. 

How do they keep doing this to people? They should be better with Wilson, but I've seen them predicted to top AFCW and I've also seen them predicted to go Superbowl. They are actually tied FIFTH best odds to lift the Lombardi. 

Happy Real Housewives Of Atlanta GIF by TV One

• Like 1

I find the Dolphins to be a weird answer just because I don't really think anyone has them being anything more than a fringe wild card team, which I think is pretty reasonable for them.

I'll go with the Broncos though. I actually think they're decently likely to make the playoffs, but likely after going something like 9-8/10-7 to secure the 6th/7th seed.

They're like 6th in Vegas Super Bowl odds and I just think they are a pretty clear cut below the Chargers/Chiefs roster wise in the AFC West. Yet many are picking them to straight up win the division.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The Colts

It is seeming, to me, that it's a race to see which of the Colts or Titans limps into the playoffs.  Both are kind of depending on some guys who look due for regression not regressing.

I could see the Colts being good if Ryan has a career year, obviously, but I think that's what it takes.  That or the DL balling out, the OL bouncing back, and Taylor having another season like last year.  That happens and they're essentially the 2021 Titans.
Titans need Henry to get back to pre-injury form, a better Tannehill than the 2021 version, and an improved OL to really be a threat.

Either team gets those things to happen, they could be good, but the upside for both is a team with an older QB, a great RB, and a stout defense.  Whichever gets the better version of that build goes to win the division, but there's reason for doubt for both squads.

• Like 2

Broncos. They’ll be better, but I think their overall team is a bit overhyped. Maybe 5 years ago they were stacked and being held back by QB. A lot of that is gone. I don’t even think Wilson is playing with better WR’s than Seattle. And overall I just don’t think as a team they better than some of Seattle teams after the SB’s that Wilson couldn’t win with. 

Certainly not enough to put them over the toughest division in the league and a team that went to 3 consecutive AFCCG’s. That’s just a lot. I predict a 10-7 to 11-6 type team that is one of the wildcards and can’t overcome being on the road 

• Like 2

Bills (AFC favorites when the Chiefs have basically owned them - let's not forget that the when the Bills did beat them, it was during a period of time when the Chiefs almost lost to the New York Giants at home...)

Broncos

Chargers

Raiders

Completely unproven coaches. First year for two of them. Broncos lost a great defensive mind but people assume they will still have a top defense.

Most of the NFC teams on that list are being underhyped if anything (except Green Bay).

I voted Bills.  I do think they'll be a very good team, and almost certainly make the playoffs, but I think people are overvaluing how good they are based on that last game.  And even then, it's like, their defense couldn't stop Mahomes from getting a TD in 13 seconds.  That is a concern.

And they lost to the dang Jaguars last year.

Sure, they added Von Miller, and then Elam and Cook in the draft, but that doesn't make them an elite defense.  Josh Allen was their whole offense last year, and unless Cook goes off right out the gate, then that'll likely be the case again, making them one-big-hit-on-their-QB-that-gets-hit-a-lot away from season over.

Put all that together, and I don't think they're gonna be the destroy everything in front of them powerhouse they're being hyped up to be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I voted Bills.  I do think they'll be a very good team, and almost certainly make the playoffs, but I think people are overvaluing how good they are based on that last game.  And even then, it's like, their defense couldn't stop Mahomes from getting a TD in 13 seconds.  That is a concern.

Not really.  It's 13 seconds of play by a tired defense against the league's 3rd (DVOA) most potent offense.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sure, they added Von Miller, and then Elam and Cook in the draft, but that doesn't make them an elite defense.

The fact that they were already #1 (DVOA) suggests they were already an elite defense, Miller, Elam, and Cook serving as icing on the cake.

I do agree that Buffalo will have more difficulty winning the AFC-East than many think but that is because the other three AFC-E teams have also improved and have easier schedules.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Not really.  It's 13 seconds of play by a tired defense against the league's 3rd (DVOA) most potent offense.

The fact that they were already #1 (DVOA) suggests they were already an elite defense, Miller, Elam, and Cook serving as icing on the cake.

I do agree that Buffalo will have more difficulty winning the AFC-East than many think but that is because the other three AFC-E teams have also improved and have easier schedules.

They also get their all pro CB Tre'Davious White back, who was missing for their last 8 games and the playoffs. He didn't allow a TD in 2020 and I believe only allowed 1 last season before he got hurt. 

Having White allowed Poyer/Hyde to focus their help with the CB2 spot but with White out, it really changed up the scheme and how they like to play things. Sounds about 50/50 that he's ready for week 1. I say bring him back slowly and don't rush it.  

• Like 1