49ers OTAs Thread

49erurtaza

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was listening to Haberman and Middlekauff yesterday and the name that really is popping off for them is Jennings. Seems like they have been very impressed thus far. 

Kind of wish we had extended him this offseason. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Kind of wish we had extended him this offseason. 

Eh. Not really the kind of player I'm giving real money to right now and probably not the guy I'm giving a long term deal or maybe even a second contract to. I think that's a Kendrick Bourne situation. You have to be able to fill those depth roles cheaply, especially when you pay a qb

• Like 2

What's hilarious is you have people like Schrager saying he has heard Lance has made major strides in the offseason after saying he thought Jimmy could still be the QB all offseason. So stupid lol.

They are just saying this because now practices have been open to the public for the last few weeks. It was obvious what the deal was going to be at QB all along but they chose to play stupid. Ian Rap is still trying to say he thinks Jimmy can still be the starter. Like really? They have been trying to move off of him for the last three years and thought they had a trade in place before he elected for shoulder surgery and now all of a sudden he may start? Huh? Forget the fact that we have two monster extensions for Deebo/Bosa that need to get done in the next two years. SMH! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What's hilarious is you have people like Schrager saying he has heard Lance has made major strides in the offseason after saying he thought Jimmy could still be the QB all offseason. So stupid lol.

They are just saying this because now practices have been open to the public for the last few weeks. It was obvious what the deal was going to be at QB all along but they chose to play stupid. Ian Rap is still trying to say he thinks Jimmy can still be the starter. Like really? They have been trying to move off of him for the last three years and thought they had a trade in place before he elected for shoulder surgery and now all of a sudden he may start? Huh? Forget the fact that we have two monster extensions for Deebo/Bosa that need to get done in the next two years. SMH! 

There are still some pretty strong Lance haters out there. That lobs guy that Ted quoted in the tweet I posted is a notorious despiser. The "former NFL scout" guy also bashes him whenever possible 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

There are still some pretty strong Lance haters out there. That lobs guy that Ted quoted in the tweet I posted is a notorious despiser. The "former NFL scout" guy also bashes him whenever possible 

I mean I don't care if Trey has those that bash him. That's never going to change but I'm talking how prominent national reporters chose to play stupid this entire offseason. In the case of Ian, he's STILL playing dumb. 

Peter is now acting like things have only changed now because Trey has recently made HUGE strides. Really??? They were really acting like Trey was completely trash and raw as if we don't have the Texans game as a point of reference lol. I mean he was far from perfect but there is a reason Shanny thought long and hard on starting him in week 17.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm like 95% sure that Bosa is oblivious to anything that's not about playing football, lifting weights, or studying football. Does he know what year it is? Are we sure he knows how to drive a car? Does anyone know what his voice sounds like?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm like 95% sure that Bosa is oblivious to anything that's not about playing football, lifting weights, or studying football. Does he know what year it is? Are we sure he knows how to drive a car? Does anyone know what his voice sounds like?

You get that vibe too? I thought i was the only one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Is the Jimmy G NTC a general one or only for specific teams? 

i think if Watson gets suspended and Baker continues to sit out, i could see the 49ers making a play for the Browns. 

It expired. We can trade him anywhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Oh, I think he's VERY aware. But he strikes me as the type that it won't undermine his main motivation in life at the moment, which is to get better at football every day. Nick knows he's gonna be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league. There's literally nothing to worry about for him. Even if he gets injured again, somebody's still going to pay him because of his skillset. Availability is at a premium, but when he's on the field, he's a difference maker in the highest regard. That will always be coveted.