Browns Extend Njoku

Dawgpoun8017

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk what source they’re using for drops but pro football reference has a different number on those drops. 

Dropped passes aren't an official stat so there are no official rules to determine what a drop is. One person may call anything that is catchable a drop while others only count ones that hit you between the numbers.

What fans call a drop is probably 3 to 4 times higher than what you see statistically. Pro football reference had OBJ at 2 drops all last season. He had more than that in the game Keenum started. Not to mention the 4th down drops in back to back weeks with Baker. Almost nothing is considered a drop.

• Like 1

Money talks, so here’s what the front office is telling me based on contacts and high draft picks. We are set longterm at the following positions:

QB

RB

WR 1

TE

LT (Jedrick might be a RT, don’t know)

LG

RG

RT (Conklins injury might change this)

DE

LB

CB 1

CB 2

SS (They gave JJIII a LOT of money)

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Money talks, so here’s what the front office is telling me based on contacts and high draft picks. We are set longterm at the following positions:

QB

RB

WR 1

TE

LT (Jedrick might be a RT, don’t know)

LG

RG

RT (Conklins injury might change this)

DE

LB

CB 1

CB 2

SS (They gave JJIII a LOT of money)

We save 10 million cutting JJ post June 1 next year and 20 million cutting Cooper. Not saying that will happen, a lot depends on how they do this year but it is a possibility. We are currently 20 million over next year (before carry over and Njoku's contract) so if we need to make room for a signing those are our options. No one else saves more than 3 (unless you eat at least half) and that's just Grant no one else can save us even 2 million.

We're about to have a loaded roster of rookies for awhile.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

We're about to have a loaded roster of rookies for awhile.

For better or worse, good franchises kinda have to do that.

Look at Pittsburghs, Cincinnatis, and Baltimores depth chart.

The rookie salary cap changed the sport forever.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:05 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Njokus contact is basically two years 25 million all other years are options

That’s what people haven’t touched on. It’s basically an overpay to have a 2 year trial with Deshaun. 

If things work out great then you’ve already got him on a manageable price for 2 more seasons. If it doesn’t work out we can get out of the deal after two years. 

I think it’s an understandable contract. They believe in him and want to give him and Deshaun legit time to see what success could look like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Njoku isn’t worth 2 years at $25 million either. Not even close.

He certainly hasn't earned the contract.

As others have stated if Watson can make a mediocre starting T.E. better (he really hasn't ever done much with tight ends as far as football) we could have signed a cheaper mediocre starter to let Watson make better.

I think 4 years at 30 million would have been very fair and still be looked at as an overpay imo so this contract just makes zero sense.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I read posts like this and just have to ask myself: Who is more likely right, the FO or the poster?

So you think he would have signed anywhere else at a comparable value?

Also, If that's how you think then you better not ever question anything any front office does.

On 5/31/2022 at 5:05 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Njokus contact is basically two years 25 million all other years are options

It's a 3 year deal because if you cut him after 2 you save 6 and have a 13 million dollar cap it. In the last year of his deal we cut him and save 11 million and have 8.5 million cap hit so not ideal but possible. It may get redone in 2 years though.