Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But Carter is the only slot CB in that whole group is my point. You move any of the others to the slot and that's not their game. We with cutting Guidry have made in 1 move that if Carter goes down we're already having to play a guy like Hall in a position for him not to succeed. 

Pretty sure Echols lined up in the slot at times last year. I dont agree with cutting Guidry, I honestly dont but I'm trying to see it from their perspective as to why they'd keep the other guys. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Knight earned it. 

On 8/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, xrade said:

Curious to see if there are any surprise vet cuts.  My surprise vet cut is Coleman possibly Joyner.  Curry is too obvious.

God damn, I'm psycho.  Now let's see if Buffalo cuts Josh Allen.🤞

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Knight earned it. 

I think this also has a lot to do with that Carter has seemed to really grasp a leadership role with this team. So the vet leadership of Coleman wasn't needed in the RB room anymore. But I like Knight. And happy he made the team if true. 

• Like 1

I thought Pinnock and Guidry were both locks.  Supposedly Guidry was pretty bad this preseason though.  He gave up the most receptions on the entire team from what I heard.  I assume Echols will become a backup or they'll kick Reed inside and let Hall play outside? 

Pinnock was playing with the 1s a bunch, very shocked by that cut.  I guess they think he'll clear waivers for a PS spot but that seems risky. 

20 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I thought Pinnock and Guidry were both locks.  Supposedly Guidry was pretty bad this preseason though.  He gave up the most receptions on the entire team from what I heard.  I assume Echols will become a backup or they'll kick Reed inside and let Hall play outside? 

Pinnock was playing with the 1s a bunch, very shocked by that cut.  I guess they think he'll clear waivers for a PS spot but that seems risky. 

Pinnock should be starting over Joyner nevermind being cut. Pretty poor decision by JD.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Pinnock should be starting over Joyner nevermind being cut. Pretty poor decision by JD.

I thought he could eventually take over later in the year as well.  I would love to grab Tony Jefferson but it seems like maybe Tartt could be a target with his ties to Saleh.

Keeping Davis over Pinnock is wild. 

I'm hoping we claim a FS, C, DT, or OG either on a contributing or developing level. Defensively on paper, we're really close pending on the development of the young guys. I like the LB starting core with Nas & Sherwood given a real chance to transition into the position. We finally have a front 7 that can create pressure. They'll just need to improve at stopping the run. I'm happy with the CB situation. My only concern is the S position. Whitehead all alone there.